News 2019 Rumour File - discuss rumours here! (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

cleanhands

Premiership Player
Aug 31, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
My money is still on Rupert Sapwell. I believe he may have cleared a bit of air around some of his obligations. No idea if this has anything to do with us or not. I don't know him personally so I'm just guessing here.
Surely Rowie would know far more than some plonker like me!:rolleyes:
Do you know the difference night from day?

Elite Crow

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Heard from a friend of Burton that he will be suing the club and that he feels that he’s a scapegoat and that the real issue is a toxic culture led by Fagan which will never change with him as ceo. This is a strong source so I believe that Burton thinks this but not sure if just sour grapes
Good get it out in the open and they can all go

Pea Nut

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 9, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Heard from a friend of Burton that he will be suing the club and that he feels that he’s a scapegoat and that the real issue is a toxic culture led by Fagan which will never change with him as ceo. This is a strong source so I believe that Burton thinks this but not sure if just sour grapes
Sounds about right. Burton has the runs on the board but he's not at fault. An even bigger moron than I thought.

Samcro24

Suffering from BS Awareness
Oct 28, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Can’t believe he’s that delusional surely
I’d buy it. Look how confident he was in the lead up.

“I love reviews”

In a sense he may be right, in that there’s people still there that shouldn’t be.

Like you know, the people that hired him and talked him up.

Pea Nut

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 9, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide

“I love reviews”

In a sense he may be right, in that there’s people still there that shouldn’t be.

Also look at how he handles the media. He hasn't got the first clue on what to do or what to say. So those answers from him are hardly a surprise. I don't think an externally led review has just come up with a couple of scapegoats.

cleanhands

Premiership Player
Aug 31, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide

“I love reviews”

We all know there are more heads that should have rolled hope it’s the second coming

(Log in to remove this ad.)

cleanhands

Premiership Player
Aug 31, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
The thing with though with Burton, wasn’t there info that his reviews had been positive? I imagine they would have been given the way management backed him in.

So being sacked would have been a shock and he most probably thinks he does have grounds.
Yep given that Chapman and co pumped his tyres up continuously, unfair dismal, but don’t worry Chappy survives, even cockroaches survive nuclear disasters

FR0GGY

Press the button
Oct 9, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
You should have sent this out as a PM instead of posting in the no discussion thread. And yes, he was. Just after lunch time today it was announced.
Where better to post that the rumor is busted, then everyone who just wants to see what rumors there is can see that it’s no longer, it’s hardly discussion.

King Elvis

Hall of Famer
Aug 13, 2006
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
The thing with though with Burton, wasn’t there info that his reviews had been positive? I imagine they would have been given the way management backed him in.

So being sacked would have been a shock and he most probably thinks he does have grounds.
I didn't want him here to start with, and he was an indefensible disaster... but the executive did defend and support him - as we know, moron Chapman was raving about him about a month before he was sacked - so you could understand if he was a little blindsided (especially if he's as arrogant and lacking in self-awareness as it appears).

Pea Nut

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 9, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
I didn't want him here to start with, and he was an indefensible disaster... but the executive did defend and support him - as we know, moron Chapman was raving about him about a month before he was sacked - so you could understand if he was a little blindsided (especially if he's as arrogant and lacking in self-awareness as it appears).
We also all know how he handles criticism.

Remove this Banner Ad