News 2019 Rumour File - discuss rumours here! (Part 2)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

cleanhands

Club Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
The thing with though with Burton, wasn’t there info that his reviews had been positive? I imagine they would have been given the way management backed him in.

So being sacked would have been a shock and he most probably thinks he does have grounds.
Yep given that Chapman and co pumped his tyres up continuously, unfair dismal, but don’t worry Chappy survives, even cockroaches survive nuclear disasters

FR0GGY

Press the button
Oct 9, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
You should have sent this out as a PM instead of posting in the no discussion thread. And yes, he was. Just after lunch time today it was announced.
Where better to post that the rumor is busted, then everyone who just wants to see what rumors there is can see that it’s no longer, it’s hardly discussion.

King Elvis

Hall of Famer
Aug 13, 2006
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
The thing with though with Burton, wasn’t there info that his reviews had been positive? I imagine they would have been given the way management backed him in.

So being sacked would have been a shock and he most probably thinks he does have grounds.
I didn't want him here to start with, and he was an indefensible disaster... but the executive did defend and support him - as we know, moron Chapman was raving about him about a month before he was sacked - so you could understand if he was a little blindsided (especially if he's as arrogant and lacking in self-awareness as it appears).

Pea Nut

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 9, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
I didn't want him here to start with, and he was an indefensible disaster... but the executive did defend and support him - as we know, moron Chapman was raving about him about a month before he was sacked - so you could understand if he was a little blindsided (especially if he's as arrogant and lacking in self-awareness as it appears).
We also all know how he handles criticism.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1970crow

Hall of Famer
Jun 7, 2011
alice springs
AFL Club
Adelaide
Sounds about right. Burton has the runs on the board but he's not at fault. An even bigger moron than I thought.
Will probably go through half a dozen law firms before he gets to trial. Sounds like the Roo/Chappy/Burto v Fagan had some actual legs. Our record a disaster, his simple minds program a complete shit show, our footy dept in turmoil whilst the administrative arm of the entity appears to be reasonably well performed. We engaged an external review team that Burto went on record as being excited to get the results from. I’m guessing that we’re looking at ’no win, no pay’ counsel.

May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Redbacks, Sturt, Liverpool, Arizona
I’d buy it. Look how confident he was in the lead up.

“I love reviews”

In a sense he may be right, in that there’s people still there that shouldn’t be.

Like you know, the people that hired him and talked him up.
I also love reviews

SaltPeter

"I’m a professional bullshitter"
Jan 6, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
Heard from a friend of Burton that he will be suing the club and that he feels that he’s a scapegoat and that the real issue is a toxic culture led by Fagan which will never change with him as ceo. This is a strong source so I believe that Burton thinks this but not sure if just sour grapes
Can confirm he feels like the scapegoat and others have survived when they were part of the problem
He's not going to get his job back. He may get a token out of court settlement.

He'd be better off trying to understand why the playing group threw him under the bus. And surely if he thinks he still has a future in the industry he'd be better off taking it on the chin ..

Would actually love him to blow open the whole shebang and spill the beans on the toxic boys club culture, now matter how factually incorrect it may be.

Would be interesting to know where is friendship with old mate Roo is at

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Hard to see this ever making a courtroom. Why would it? Because he is still unable to accept he isn't wanted? How the fu** do you build a court case based on "no one wants to play with me anymore"?

Settlement would allow both parties to claim vindication, might happen.
I was told that they are no longer friends but Burton doesn’t hold a grudge with roo. It’s all about Fagan from his perspective
Kinda sucks a bit when you aren't at the top of the heap and don't have total control .. and of course he isn't going to hate his mate. Human nature would suggest he'll direct all his venom at the bloke who "pushed for or initiated" the review and isn't "an AFL man"

Burton can fu** off

Elite Crow

Premium Platinum
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Of course he’s going to be after Fagan as Fagan pushed for the review.

He got the arse because of the review, the review found Burton was the problem. Now the arrogant w***er is still so deluded he doesn’t think he’s responsible.

Who set up the camp, Fagan or Burton?

Who do the coaches and players that have left have a problem with, Fagan or Burton?

Burton is a cock

Sanders

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 1, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Of course he’s going to be after Fagan as Fagan pushed for the review.

He got the arse because of the review, the review found Burton was the problem. Now the arrogant w***er is still so deluded he doesn’t think he’s responsible.

Who set up the camp, Fagan or Burton?

Who do the coaches and players that have left have a problem with, Fagan or Burton?

Burton is a cock
to be fair we don't know what the review found or said. we only know the decisions taken, which for a variety of political expedient reasons might not be completely aligned with the findings, nor that the decisions were the complete or accurate response to the findings and recommendations

Pea Nut

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 9, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
**NO DISCUSSION** please
Just my opinion, but I reckon we only really need that thread during trade period, as our club seems so water tight the rest of the year that no other rumours really get out. It needs to involve third parties for any chance of having anything worthwhile posted there. And it saved from having to read through 15 pages of this thread every day for the whispers and news for the day.

Top Bottom