News 2019 Rumour File - discuss rumours here! (Part 2)

hey shorty

Hall of Famer
Jun 15, 2005
Where the Hills have eyes
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Any idea of how Stengle is going? I had him behind McAdam for the same reasons McAdam now seems to be struggling.

Might have got those 2 the wrong way around.
Stengle lifting his game in that regard. Being in the system helps, he might be an Eddie type slow burn when it comes to the fitness aspect.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

King Elvis

Hall of Famer
Aug 13, 2006
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Unfortunately it seems like Burton was given the message that he was doing well, performing at a high level, and was a very strong employee.

And then, from his perspective he's thrown under the bus.

It's hard to understand how our internal management and communication can be so messed up.
It would actually be amusing, if he were to sue the AFC.

Based upon the commentary from Chapman, you'd assume his performances reviews were all big green ticks - to be terminated following that, he'd likely have a case.

I hope the Club actually got him to sign an agreement stating he had no grounds for further action, but, knowing those in charge, I wouldn't bet on it.

King Elvis

Hall of Famer
Aug 13, 2006
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Not sure if this has been mentioned but the rumour is the club is having lots of problems with McAdam again this preseason. Unless he improves be will gone at the end of season, he might be a small chance to go earlier.
Again, not a surprise.

We shouldn't have taken him - it was bullshit manipulation by the AFL to give Carlton a leg up, same as they did with the GC this year (screwing us, again).

1970crow

Hall of Famer
Jun 7, 2011
alice springs
AFL Club
Adelaide

Based upon the commentary from Chapman, you'd assume his performances reviews were all big green ticks - to be terminated following that, he'd likely have a case.

I hope the Club actually got him to sign an agreement stating he had no grounds for further action, but, knowing those in charge, I wouldn't bet on it.
I expect that his contract has simply been paid out, I doubt that he has any grounds against the club.

Jul 31, 2007
The land of draft picks
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sin City Swamprats, Dethklok

"No lingering issues..."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SaltPeter

"I’m a professional bullshitter"
Jan 6, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood

Croweater23

All Australian
Jun 6, 2007
Footy Park
AFL Club
Adelaide
He just can't handle the workloads. Once he's on the field it's fine, it's the Monday to Friday workloads that he just can't adjust to.

I still hold out hope for him, but it looks at this stage we traded out one supremely talented player who doesn't like hard work, for another one.
Heard a former crow turned player agent agrees.

Top Bottom