News 2019 Rumour File - discuss rumours here! (Part 2)

Aug 4, 2004
on planet Crow
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
36ers
I'm not sure if this has been posted here yet, but check out Dylan Stephen's highlights.

I have to say, I was against taking him with our 1st pick a few months ago, but I am coming around to the idea of it.

Aggressive, fast, great kick, goal savvy, played against men, elite endurance (from the combine numbers)... I mean, there's not much not to like really! I actually saw quite a lot of Brodie Smith when I saw this!

That centre break goal :hearteyes:

He's also tough as nails. He's no Atkins.

Betts are off

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 28, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
He’s tipped to go top 7-8. Not too much of a stretch if we bid on Green then take him at 5.
That’s it. In years gone I might have cared about the reach factor, but this year I think it’s just recruiters choice. And we essentially have the 2nd choice!

If it’s this guy then so be it! Plenty to be excited about if he was on your list

Betts are off

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 28, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Would like to split pick 4 into 7 and 10 (Freo - hope someone likes Henry in the top 9?).
Could take Stephens with pick 7 then take an inside mid at 10.
I would love to make that trade, but I really don’t see why Freo would make it.

We would probably have to sweeten the pot for them to even consider it

ShadeyP

Premiership Player
Jul 1, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
I did have to laugh at him going up one handed for marks using the arm that had the elbow injury.

Our forward line just looks so uncoached. How the fu** does Hart still have a job?
It was completely shambolic last season !!

I think for it to work we need to move Lynch right up the ground as our marking connector and if he can not get fit enough to do so he plays in the 2's .
He can push right up to the wing and even into defensive half as a marking target and have the wing running through overlapping at pace to create space to launch into .

Let Tex work in and around the 50 for the majority with a little rest deeper and some time on the bench , he does not need to play more than 80% .
I also think he should play a maximum of 16-18 games so we can at least get a look at what and how our forward line functions without him as a prelude to the future .

This should clear space for Fogarty to lead into which is his biggest strength at the moment along with his sublime goal kicking from anywhere within 55 ... make him the focal point for the majority as he grows into the role . Put him in the middle for a couple of 3-4 minute bursts if it warrants .

Have Frampton deep as our contested marking tall forward who can create a contest and bring the little guys into it .
Pinch hits in the Ruck plus takes the forward line ruck work which will keep ROB behind the ball for the quick kick out under pressure intercept or at least contest .

Now , you might say that is 4 talls but if the forwards all average 80-85 % on average and allow for some BF time in ruck it equates to 3 talls on the field with one of them always on the bike dragging a tall defender out of the 50 .

Stengle is the perfect finishing crumber to work off of Frampton with McAdam to have the freedom to run and jump at the ball , play his natural game so we know what we have at AFL level . He is best suited to work around Fog but keep space to take maximum advantage .

The other small forward spot should be a quick pressure applying type - this can obviously be rotated .

It is time to put Brodie Smith as an attacking mid-winger who should be having 1-2 pings from 50 , his ability with a quick penetrating kick forward also offers what others do not .

Something like this

Screen Shot 2019-10-21 at 1.53.53 pm.png

Last edited:

Betts are off

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 28, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Any truth to the billy longer rumour?
I don't know what the rumour is, but if its that the Crows are looking at a 25 year old, 202cm ruckman with 66 AFL games experience to come in and provide depth then I can't say i'd be too upset.

I've not followed his career or anything, but its no secret we are pretty shallow in experience at that position right now!

arsene wenger1

Premiership Player
Jul 14, 2009
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
I don't know what the rumour is, but if its that the Crows are looking at a 25 year old, 202cm ruckman with 66 AFL games experience to come in and provide depth then I can't say i'd be too upset.

I've not followed his career or anything, but its no secret we are pretty shallow in experience at that position right now!
Yea pretty much sums it up

Ramses Red

Team Captain
Sep 29, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
I'm not sure if this has been posted here yet, but check out Dylan Stephen's highlights.

I have to say, I was against taking him with our 1st pick a few months ago, but I am coming around to the idea of it.

Aggressive, fast, great kick, goal savvy, played against men, elite endurance (from the combine numbers)... I mean, there's not much not to like really! I actually saw quite a lot of Brodie Smith when I saw this!

Nice pace and field kicking. Something we sorely lack. And a lefty to boot (see what I did there)

On SM-A520F using BigFooty.com mobile app

jo172

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 23, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
San Antonio, Redbacks

Excellent, we've been waiting too long for an Angus Graham/Luke Lowden replacement.

Betts are off

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 28, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Nice pace and field kicking. Something we sorely lack. And a lefty to boot (see what I did there)

On SM-A520F using BigFooty.com mobile app
I really like the aggression running towards goal. He's line breaker, but the lines he seems to want to break are CHF and FF!

I love that trait in midfielders!

Betts are off

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 28, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Excellent, we've been waiting too long for an Angus Graham/Luke Lowden replacement.
Actually, he would be the Paul Hunter replacement, only with 66 AFL games under his belt!

Also, I really don't want to be seen as the guy who is going into bat for Billy Longer. I literally have no information/opinion on the guy other than what can be found on his AFL stats page!

I'd take Longer. Depth option who would provide competition and coverage for ROB would be a very nice thing to have, and this would fill the cheap as possible goal of this.

Thetrader15

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
I would love to make that trade, but I really don’t see why Freo would make it.

We would probably have to sweeten the pot for them to even consider it
What if we trade our 2020/1, 28 to Freo for 10, 2020/2.

This allows Freo to keep their pick 7, and then expecting a bid on Henry after that not lose 10. It also gives points for the Henry bid, while giving another pick to them next year while we try to accumulate points next year.

Maybe some later picks (this year or next) to even it up

Back