News 2019 Rumour File - discuss rumours here! (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

But but but Rowey said he was a lock......

I think they'll get someone, who that is o have no idea. Glenelg were quite concerned Stone was going early days though.

My guess would be Nicks might want someone he's had a relationship within football before.
Chad Cornes...😳

Heard through my source that Crows looking to trade pick 4 for picks 7 and 10 (Freo) or with Geelong (14 amd 17 along with something else)...

Shiver me timbers....:oops:
Understand & support trading #4 for two x first round

But why would Freo do that deal ....makes no sense ...they want Henry and maybe Jackson ? ...Understand that scenario if Henry gets a bid by Crows or Syd ....but is that realistic ?

Could see
Freo #7 & #10 to the Crows for #4
Crows #7 to Geel for #14 & #17
Crows give #17 to Freo

Summary
Crows #4 becomes #10 & #14
Geel #14 & #17 becomes #7
Freo #7 & #10 becomes #4 and #17

Good for Adel & Geel .....not sure still the benefit to Freo

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But why would Freo do that deal ....makes no sense ...they want Henry and maybe Jackson ? ...Understand that scenario if Henry gets a bid by Crows or Syd ....but is that realistic ?

Could see
Crows give #17 to Freo

Summary

Unlikely Freo would entertain trading 7 or 10 until a bid for Henry comes in.

Only exception may be they are targeting Jackson and think he may be taken by Sydney at 5.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Unlikely Freo would entertain trading 7 or 10 until a bid for Henry comes in.

Only exception may be they are targeting Jackson and think he may be taken by Sydney at 5.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app
But Freo would want both ....so they're better to keep both picks IMO

Poulos leaving the Crows was not the cause of the Hamstrings and soft tissue issues. what effected them was Burton meddling in the medical side and eqaully important his failure to get somone who understood how the Kangatech and NordBoard technoglies worked.
Re Poulos the question that is disputed is did he have a top job with international exposure, line up up before or after leaving the Crows.
I can categorically tell you he was committed to the Crows before they demoted him by appointing Burton, and that he doesn't have a lot of time for the administration who did it.

I can categorically tell you he was committed to the Crows before they demoted him by appointing Burton, and that he doesn't have a lot of time for the administration who did it.
Re Poulas To be honest I heard that many differant stories from poeple who all mention they are in the know I will stick to the middle ground on this one.
But one I am lead to believe is the Postion Burton took was differant to the one Pouplos had the previous year, they combined the the Fitness and Medical dept under one person pervious to that they had 2 seperate departments.
My view is The idea was sound, but the wrong person was selected to lead,

Re Poulas To be honest I heard that many differant stories from poeple who all mention they are in the know I will stick to the middle ground on this one.
But one I am lead to believe is the Postion Burton took was differant to the one Pouplos had the previous year, they combined the the Fitness and Medical dept under one person pervious to that they had 2 seperate departments.
My view is The idea was sound, but the wrong person was selected to lead,
I reached out to Nick last year in an effort to get him on the podcast. We shared a bit over DMs but he didn't want to come on, for obvious reasons. I'm comfortable that he was being genuine, he was with the 7's by then.

Edit, sorry, the year before, god time flies!

Could see
Crows give #17 to Freo

Summary

I think I'd rather trade 4 for 6 and GWS 2020/1

Could see
Crows give #17 to Freo

Summary

We paid 19 and 8 for 4.

Giving it up for 10 and 14 seems cheap?

Surely we'd be looking to bring 23 in closer to a first or get 10 lower?

We paid 19 and 8 for 4.

Giving it up for 10 and 14 seems cheap?

Surely we'd be looking to bring 23 in closer to a first or get 10 lower?

Agreed, can’t see us dropping outof the single digits if split.

WRT splitting with Freo, the reason they may accept 4 for 7 and 10 would be they’re chasing Jackson and/or a bid is coming on Henry before pick 10.

We’d likely be giving up one of 23/28 as well.

Personally if we could somehow get away with 4+28 for 7+10 with perhaps later swaps, I’d be pretty rapt.

Feel that probably gets us 1 of Ash/Flanders/Kemp/Serong plus one of Stephens/McAsey.

Could see
Crows give #17 to Freo

Summary

I think it makes pretty obvious sense why they'd do it.

It would be if they were reasonably sure a bid is coming for Henry at 8 or 9. If they believe they'll have to use pick 10 on a match for Henry, then they would want to maximise 7. Going up to 4 guarantees they get Jackson, who could certainly be selected before 7.

If they can guarantee they get Jackson and Henry from their first two picks, that is a pretty good outcome.

We'd also give them 23, which is 815 of the 1150 points they need for a Henry bid at 9.

Of course, they may also decide to just roll the dice and see what happens. Have a trade down option at 10, in case a bid comes and just get best available at 7.

Say to GWS we’ll bid on Green at 4. Trade 4 for 6 and Future 1st.

Say to Freo we’ll bid on Henry at 6.
Trade 6 & 45 for 10 & 22.

Turn 4 & 45 into 10, 22 and Future 1st.
GWS get pick 4 plus Green.
Freo get pick 6, 7 plus Henry.

Pick 10 gets 12th best player in draft. Maybe Robertson or McCasey.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back