News 2019 Rumour File - discuss rumours here! (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Heard from a friend of Burton that he will be suing the club and that he feels that he’s a scapegoat and that the real issue is a toxic culture led by Fagan which will never change with him as ceo. This is a strong source so I believe that Burton thinks this but not sure if just sour grapes
Sounds about right. Burton has the runs on the board but he's not at fault. An even bigger moron than I thought.

Sounds about right. Burton has the runs on the board but he's not at fault. An even bigger moron than I thought.

They should sell tickets for the court case. I'd buy one.

I’d buy it. Look how confident he was in the lead up.

“I love reviews”

In a sense he may be right, in that there’s people still there that shouldn’t be.

Like you know, the people that hired him and talked him up.
Also look at how he handles the media. He hasn't got the first clue on what to do or what to say. So those answers from him are hardly a surprise. I don't think an externally led review has just come up with a couple of scapegoats.

The thing with though with Burton, wasn’t there info that his reviews had been positive? I imagine they would have been given the way management backed him in.

So being sacked would have been a shock and he most probably thinks he does have grounds.
Yep given that Chapman and co pumped his tyres up continuously, unfair dismal, but don’t worry Chappy survives, even cockroaches survive nuclear disasters

You should have sent this out as a PM instead of posting in the no discussion thread. And yes, he was. Just after lunch time today it was announced.
Where better to post that the rumor is busted, then everyone who just wants to see what rumors there is can see that it’s no longer, it’s hardly discussion.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The thing with though with Burton, wasn’t there info that his reviews had been positive? I imagine they would have been given the way management backed him in.

So being sacked would have been a shock and he most probably thinks he does have grounds.

I didn't want him here to start with, and he was an indefensible disaster... but the executive did defend and support him - as we know, moron Chapman was raving about him about a month before he was sacked - so you could understand if he was a little blindsided (especially if he's as arrogant and lacking in self-awareness as it appears).

I didn't want him here to start with, and he was an indefensible disaster... but the executive did defend and support him - as we know, moron Chapman was raving about him about a month before he was sacked - so you could understand if he was a little blindsided (especially if he's as arrogant and lacking in self-awareness as it appears).
We also all know how he handles criticism.

Will probably go through half a dozen law firms before he gets to trial. Sounds like the Roo/Chappy/Burto v Fagan had some actual legs. Our record a disaster, his simple minds program a complete s**t show, our footy dept in turmoil whilst the administrative arm of the entity appears to be reasonably well performed. We engaged an external review team that Burto went on record as being excited to get the results from. I’m guessing that we’re looking at ’no win, no pay’ counsel.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back