News 2019 Rumour File - discuss rumours here! (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Sounds about right. Burton has the runs on the board but he's not at fault. An even bigger moron than I thought.

Will probably go through half a dozen law firms before he gets to trial. Sounds like the Roo/Chappy/Burto v Fagan had some actual legs. Our record a disaster, his simple minds program a complete s**t show, our footy dept in turmoil whilst the administrative arm of the entity appears to be reasonably well performed. We engaged an external review team that Burto went on record as being excited to get the results from. I’m guessing that we’re looking at ’no win, no pay’ counsel.

I’d buy it. Look how confident he was in the lead up.

“I love reviews”

In a sense he may be right, in that there’s people still there that shouldn’t be.

Like you know, the people that hired him and talked him up.
I also love reviews

Heard from a friend of Burton that he will be suing the club and that he feels that he’s a scapegoat and that the real issue is a toxic culture led by Fagan which will never change with him as ceo. This is a strong source so I believe that Burton thinks this but not sure if just sour grapes
Can confirm he feels like the scapegoat and others have survived when they were part of the problem
He's not going to get his job back. He may get a token out of court settlement.

He'd be better off trying to understand why the playing group threw him under the bus. And surely if he thinks he still has a future in the industry he'd be better off taking it on the chin ..

Would actually love him to blow open the whole shebang and spill the beans on the toxic boys club culture, now matter how factually incorrect it may be.

Would be interesting to know where is friendship with old mate Roo is at

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Hard to see this ever making a courtroom. Why would it? Because he is still unable to accept he isn't wanted? How the * do you build a court case based on "no one wants to play with me anymore"?

Settlement would allow both parties to claim vindication, might happen.
I was told that they are no longer friends but Burton doesn’t hold a grudge with roo. It’s all about Fagan from his perspective
Kinda sucks a bit when you aren't at the top of the heap and don't have total control .. and of course he isn't going to hate his mate. Human nature would suggest he'll direct all his venom at the bloke who "pushed for or initiated" the review and isn't "an AFL man"

Burton can * off

Of course he’s going to be after Fagan as Fagan pushed for the review.

He got the arse because of the review, the review found Burton was the problem. Now the arrogant w***er is still so deluded he doesn’t think he’s responsible.

Who set up the camp, Fagan or Burton?

Who do the coaches and players that have left have a problem with, Fagan or Burton?

Burton is a utensil

Of course he’s going to be after Fagan as Fagan pushed for the review.

He got the arse because of the review, the review found Burton was the problem. Now the arrogant w***er is still so deluded he doesn’t think he’s responsible.

Who set up the camp, Fagan or Burton?

Who do the coaches and players that have left have a problem with, Fagan or Burton?

Burton is a utensil

to be fair we don't know what the review found or said. we only know the decisions taken, which for a variety of political expedient reasons might not be completely aligned with the findings, nor that the decisions were the complete or accurate response to the findings and recommendations

**NO DISCUSSION** please
Just my opinion, but I reckon we only really need that thread during trade period, as our club seems so water tight the rest of the year that no other rumours really get out. It needs to involve third parties for any chance of having anything worthwhile posted there. And it saved from having to read through 15 pages of this thread every day for the whispers and news for the day.

Just my opinion, but I reckon we only really need that thread during trade period, as our club seems so water tight the rest of the year that no other rumours really get out. It needs to involve third parties for any chance of having anything worthwhile posted there. And it saved from having to read through 15 pages of this thread every day for the whispers and news for the day.
This is the Elite Crow masterpiece. Surely you'd want to include him in any proposals for the thread moving forward ..?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

to be fair we don't know what the review found or said. we only know the decisions taken, which for a variety of political expedient reasons might not be completely aligned with the findings, nor that the decisions were the complete or accurate response to the findings and recommendations
We don’t but I can’t see Roo or Chapman burning Burton if Fagan was the problem

This is the Elite Crow masterpiece. Surely you'd want to include him in any proposals for the thread moving forward ..?
If there aren’t rumours then the thread just disappears until there are some, it’s not a thread that needs to be continually posted in just to be relevant.

The Carlton one only really ramps up during trade period and gets bumped when anything else pops up and that works well.

But it’s not up to me to decide.

Yep given that Chapman and co pumped his tyres up continuously, unfair dismal, but don’t worry Chappy survives, even cockroaches survive nuclear disasters

No, they don't but the tide needs to turn more. Just look at the Westpac situation, a deplorable scenario and what did the CEO say? I'm the right person to fix this, I shouldn't stand down" and he wouldn't have stood down had the media not gone on the attack with the shareholders right behind them.

Wait, he's safe

If there aren’t rumours then the thread just disappears until there are some, it’s not a thread that needs to be continually posted in just to be relevant.

The Carlton one only really ramps up during trade period and gets bumped when anything else pops up and that works well.

And I'm ok with that

Makes sense but the Carlton one seems to stay relevant year round as the club leaks like a sieve whereas no one on this board has had genuine inside Intel for years.

If all you were trying to do was get vocal members off your back regardless of what was the actual cause of issues. If you were looking for the easiest change to make that would make outsiders happy. Sacking Burton and Campo would be a perfect choice.

#slidingdoors

The thing with Burton though, wasn’t there info that his reviews had been positive? I imagine they would have been given the way management backed him in.

So being sacked would have been a shock and he most probably thinks he does have grounds.
I am so pleased that Burton has gone. Having said that what I cant understand is how the company backed him, praised him for his efforts and also praised him for his character and then they sack him. To me that doesnt make a lot of sense. But having said that, I believe that the club paid Burton out. Its my understanding that if Burton accepted the cheque and banked it then he doesn't have a case. If he refused the money then he might have a case.

I am so pleased that Burton has gone. Having said that what I cant understand is how the company backed him, praised him for his efforts and also praised him for his character and then they sack him. To me that doesnt make a lot of sense. But having said that, I believe that the club paid Burton out. Its my understanding that if Burton accepted the cheque and banked it then he doesn't have a case. If he refused the money then he might have a case.

what matters is what he signed not whether he banked the cheque

We don’t but I can’t see Roo or Chapman burning Burton if Fagan was the problem
You don't need to be Einstein to work out of Burton & Fagan who has been more damaging to AFC...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back