News 2019 Rumour File - discuss rumours here! (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

That’s the problem the club faces

Depends on who was conducting them and based upon who’s ratings. Gut feel is that Fagan was isolated from footy ops, so even if he delivered the review, it wouldn’t be his judgements. The other incompetents are Burto’s higher ups, who are both unpaid board members, not employees. It reeks of the divide between Fagan and the other guys that was mentioned a while ago in here. Surely nobody can see Fagan micro-managing Burto or Burto taking any notice if he did. And no doubt that the review would have had to have been horrific for Roo and Chappo to move on their mate.

I wonder how Burton's internal performance reviews were over the last couple of years?

That's the thing that interests me.

Externally we know that he was backed in so much to the point it was embarrassing.

I would hope internally there were some scathing reviews and 'coaching' going on - although not sure the Bird would have taken too much on.

Of course he’s going to be after Fagan as Fagan pushed for the review.

He got the arse because of the review, the review found Burton was the problem. Now the arrogant w***er is still so deluded he doesn’t think he’s responsible.

Who set up the camp, Fagan or Burton?

Who do the coaches and players that have left have a problem with, Fagan or Burton?

Burton is a utensil
Unfortunately it seems like Burton was given the message that he was doing well, performing at a high level, and was a very strong employee.

And then, from his perspective he's thrown under the bus.

It's hard to understand how our internal management and communication can be so messed up.

Unfortunately it seems like Burton was given the message that he was doing well, performing at a high level, and was a very strong employee.

It's hard to understand how our internal management and communication can be so messed up.
Because it’s a boys club and they are ******* useless

Depends on who did them, CEO or Football Director.
Did Burton answer to the CEO or did he answer to the Board?
And how many times did he bypass the CEO because he was not a football man?
The board meet as a board only soo many times the only one answering to the board is the CEO or CFO

Burton can't wait until all 9 members are there to meet with them

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Assuming what people have posted here is even remotely true. Which we have no evidence of.

Just like we had no evidence the camp was an issue and Gov wasn’t happy.

Sometimes you just need to think beyond the club are good operators.
Some are, the ones he was mates with clearly aren't.

Not sure Birdbrain has grounds for suing the club TBH, but I hope he tries.

This is all true. The mechanisms of communication were horrendous.

The board meet as a board only soo many times the only one answering to the board is the CEO or CFO

Burton can't wait until all 9 members are there to meet with them

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Should have read closer, ie
"Did he report to the CEO or the Football Director?"
"Did he answer to the CEO or the Board" which would be thru the Football director. who is a board member?"

It's no secret that Burton and Fagan did not see eye to eye. The Question that should be asked is why Fagan could not replace Burton,
This is what happens when witch hunts cause incorrect long term decisions, like the Tippert fallout when the Board removed some of the responsibly from the CEO re Football Dept and gave the Football Director more Power.

Just like we had no evidence the camp was an issue and Gov wasn’t happy.

Sometimes you just need to think beyond the club are good operators.
Problem is I believe the Camp was not the biggest issue we should have looked at, It hid the true issues at the club that were building before the Camp.
Sometimes I wonder if there was no camp would some of these issues have been fixed in 2018, But unfortunate the Camp became the focus and people seemed happy when we departed way with Collective Minds. So we moved into 2019 with no true fixes put in place.
I have found over the years that when Management does not work together the workforce becomes split. with a decline in quality and productivity.

I suspect the problem is that the club openly backed Burton throughout 2018 and the narrative that came from the club in 2019 was that "the club had fixed the issues".

From Burton's perspective he would have believed that he had already ridden the wave and was on the other side and I wouldn't be surprised if Burton had been made to believe that he was safe by Roo.

I actually don't blame Burton for feeling scapegoated by this as the club has handled the whole thing poorly.

The reality is that he should have been sacked at the end of 2018, but those in power backed in their mate instead of doing what's best for the club. Then after months of defending him and labelling him as "elite" they suddenly flipped and threw Burton under the bus solely because their hands were forced by the review.

I'd love to know what the fall out of this has been in terms of Roo and Burton's friendship.

Last edited:
That's the thing that interests me.

Externally we know that he was backed in so much to the point it was embarrassing.

I would hope internally there were some scathing reviews and 'coaching' going on - although not sure the Bird would have taken too much on.

Chappo and Rooo would have ensured no bad reviews. Burto was their boy, they were balls deep in him. Burto is right, incompetent people have remained. But it’s those that recruited and backed him that are incompetent, not those from Fagan’s side of the business. Footy was Burto’s sole responsibility under the protection of Rooo and Chappo. Fagan had nothing to do with footy dept at all.

That’s the problem the club faces
The problem that the club will face is if they breached his contract.
There will have been termination clauses. Probably even one stating that he serves to the pleasure of the board.
If he believes that he has been unfairly or unlawfully dismissed and that’s supported by his contract then he’ll have a leg to stand on.

His other legal avenue may be defamation is something was said that damaged his reputation.

I’m not backing the Firepower investor to have done his homework properly on this one.

Last edited:

your preoccupation with the male member is somewhat concerning. Can you please amend your signature, negatively referencing male appendage in a derogatory manner offends me. I’m a male and your continual derogatory attitude is causing me emotional harm. I’m offended, fix up your bad attitude.

I suspect the problem is that the club openly backed Burton throughout 2018 and the narrative that came from the club in 2019 was that "the club had fixed the issues".

From Burton's perspective he would have believed that he had already ridden the wave and was on the other side and I wouldn't be surprised if Burton had been made to believe that he was safe by Roo.

I actually don't blame Burton for feeling scapegoated by this as the club has handled the whole thing poorly.

The reality is that he should have been sacked at the end of 2018, but those in power backed in their mate instead of doing what's best for the club. Then after months of defending him and labelling him as "elite" they suddenly flipped and threw Burton under the bus solely because their hands were forced by the review.

I'd love to know what the fall out of this has been in terms of Roo and Burton's friendship.

no more dual reach arounds from Chappo.

The problem that the club will face is they breached his contract.
There will have been termination clauses. Probably even one stating that he serves to the pleasure of the board.
If he believes that he has been unfairly or unlawfully dismissed and that’s supported by his contract then he’ll have a leg to stand on.

His other legal avenue may be defamation is something was said that damaged his reputation.

I’m not backing the Firepower investor to have done his homework properly on this one.
My initial guess would be this is just another case of Burton thinking nothing is his fault.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back