News 2019 Rumour File - discuss rumours here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Murray2503

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 10, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Keep digging

First it was Myles "lacks pace "now it's Myles lacks "elite" pace.

And you clearly HAVE NOT watched him play too bloody often or you wouldn't be posting so much regarding him that is totally incorrect game style wise.

He has come on in leaps and bounds this season and his SANFL form has clearly warranted a call up to AFL over several under performing mids as any member of this board that watches SANFL religiously will tell you.
Bored of this conversation. Let's see how many games he plays for the club.

Aug 9, 2019
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels, Central Augusta
Bored of this conversation. Let's see how many games he plays for the club.
Smart move hombre, retire with your reputation in tatters, though your reputation wasn't exactly "elite" before.

Edit :

And by the way nobody here is suggesting Myles will ever be a star but he has surely deserved the AFL opportunities this season based on his very much improved SANFL form and the poor form of several of our "older" mids.

Last edited:

ad victoriam

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 2, 2016
Barossa
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
Poholke reminds me often of Yeo.
Looks similar at times, seems to move similar.
Be nice if he could reach that level though.

His early games, looked nowhere near it.
From what I've seen of him this year, albeit SANFL, deserves another crack at AFL and a proper crack at it next year.
Let's find out.
Going on his SANFL performances, all this kid needs is some confidence from the coaching group. and to be select for more than a couple of games.
He a 21-year-old and playing good football in a finals series.
I would like to see him get some game time in the middle next to the Crouch brothers. before I write him off.

Betts are off

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 28, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Not a rumour, just an observation. Can't help but notice we have a real and present link with North Melbourne right now with Steve Saunders who used to be at the Kangaroo's. Who this season have parted ways with their coach, football department GM, several recruiting team members, list manager and as of today the CEO has also stood down.

And now we have a vacancy in our head coaching position, and by the end of this month we quite easily could have vacancies on our Board, head of football position, and CEO.

Its a bit concerning, because I certainly don't look at North Melbourne in terms of football departments i'm keen to emulate.

Not a rumour, just an observation. Can't help but notice we have a real and present link with North Melbourne right now with Steve Saunders who used to be at the Kangaroo's. Who this season have parted ways with their coach, football department GM, several recruiting team members, list manager and as of today the CEO has also stood down.

And now we have a vacancy in our head coaching position, and by the end of this month we quite easily could have vacancies on our Board, head of football position, and CEO.

Its a bit concerning, because I certainly don't look at North Melbourne in terms of football departments i'm keen to emulate.

I think there are lots of parallels between us and North. Seems the mantra of both clubs is to make finals and see what happens, rather than ever genuinely challenging for a flag

Aug 4, 2004
on planet Crow
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
36ers
I think there are lots of parallels between us and North. Seems the mantra of both clubs is to make finals and see what happens, rather than ever genuinely challenging for a flag
North have to do it out of fear of going bankrupt.
We do it because we want the corporate gravy train to keep on rolling for all those at the club with their snouts in the trough.

Crowbots are dead

Premiership Player
Oct 11, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
North have to do it out of fear of going bankrupt.
We do it because we want the corporate gravy train to keep on rolling for all those at the club with their snouts in the trough.
I respect them more because it’s out of necessity. For us it’s a lifestyle choice ffs

Dec 4, 2014
Top End of Aussie
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood

Murray2503

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 10, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Rowie (i know) said he spoke with with Rory Laird and Rory said it was a media beat up that he is rumoured to leave
Laird was never going anywhere imo. I do feel though that some players who were considering leaving if Pyke stayed will be much happier to stick around long term now.

whats his fitness like could he play a Lynch type role?

Can we please just * that Lynch role off entirely? It's completely unnecessary.

Either follow the current trend and change it to a small forward, or go for a deeper target to act as a one-two punch with Himmelberg.

CEO, head coach, senior assistant coach, head of player development, list manager, football manager all gone.

I see the parallel for sure.

Both clubs were due for a change I feel.

With Burgoyne staying At the Hawks clear the way for Eddie to go to the Gold Coast.

I'm ok with this. Open that position up for Stengle/McHenry/McAdam.

McHenry will be on Atkins wing IMO. Might start at half forward.

I don't particularly see him on Atkins wing, seems a tad too inside for it, but could do that Sloane hybrid role that he had in between 2012-2015. That said, Jones strikes me as the more likely one for that position.

I reckon he'll start as a small forward though, but I'd be confident in saying that he's moved towards our midfield within half a season.

Large 1

Club Legend
May 7, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Can we please just fu** that Lynch role off entirely? It's completely unnecessary.

Either follow the current trend and change it to a small forward, or go for a deeper target to act as a one-two punch with Himmelberg.
As of the middle of the year Lynch was the number 1 player in the AFL for scores from his inside 50 entries. He, and his role, is valuable to our scoring. The problem is our movement off half-back has made his role impossible in the second half of the year.

May 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg

Saunders has a bigger connection with Chapman than the Kangaroos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back