News 2019 Rumour File - discuss rumours here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 6, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Mitch Cleary:

Crows have had a contract offer on the table for Jake Kelly for a long time. Obviously hasnt signed it and Cleary mentioned Collingwood as a suiter
Gotta say Kelly is another one that I couldn’t care less if he never played for the AFC again.

In the same category as Hartigan, Mackay et al. Plays the occasional ok game but is easily replaceable. Knight is quickly heading into this category, where once I had great hopes for him.

mattymac

Why no midfield crowz?
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2009
Yes
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
No
KPMG wouldn’t know their head from their arse when it comes to the footy club. They will send in a lead consultant to review the processes governance and overall business practice and get the drones back in the office to write a report basically agreeing that the core foundation of the club is sound, some improvements can be made to reflect best practice and that will be it.

No different from the chocolate poo factorygetting ISO 9001 audited. The process is completely sound !! But it still tastes like poo.

Yes the captain has been drinking...
Some dude supposedly texted in to aa today and said he was at kpmg in Melbourne today and they're definitely doing the review. To be announced Monday

One only Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator
Have no idea what this is... but is it capable of taking Burton out at the same time...

mattymac

Why no midfield crowz?
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2009
Yes
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
No
Ew no.

Admittedly I haven’t seen that many games from him, but every time I’ve seen him at Afl level, I’ve never thought “wow, this kid could be something special”.
He's had some very nice games for a tall his age. What I like most is he has a beautiful kick. He can set up rebound plays like none of our talls can.

At the least, he has a lot of upside, whereas Laird isn't producing near his best these days. Not to say he won't again, but a move might be best for both parties.

Sep 19, 2007
The Pub
AFL Club
Adelaide
Gotta say Kelly is another one that I couldn’t care less if he never played for the AFC again.

In the same category as Hartigan, Mackay et al. Plays the occasional ok game but is easily replaceable. Knight is quickly heading into this category, where once I had great hopes for him.

Agreed. It’s not necessarily that they’re bad players, but they don’t offer a heap more than what a younger player would and thus clog up the side.

Draft Bored

Premiership Player
Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Ricciardo, Red Sox
No chance, the Cats had big interest in Chayce Jones backed up by Twomey in his final Phantom as did GWS.

Not so sure on GWS:

"We'd love Adelaide to take Chayce Jones"

Glenny83

Club Legend
Sep 15, 2014
Perth
AFL Club
Adelaide
Jan 6, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
Well i believe i'm more attractive than i am, doesn't make it true

How deluded can they be?
Come on mate, your need to realise that the people who are telling that you're not attractive are really just gas lighting you .. :)

May 10, 2009
Adelaide Oval
AFL Club
Adelaide
Agreed. It’s not necessarily that they’re bad players, but they don’t offer a heap more than what a younger player would and thus clog up the side.
Lose absolutely nothing by playing Doedee and Butts in place of Hartigan and Kelly next year, and have the potential to gain a lot of upside. So, probably won’t happen then...

He's had some very nice games for a tall his age. What I like most is he has a beautiful kick. He can set up rebound plays like none of our talls can.

At the least, he has a lot of upside, whereas Laird isn't producing near his best these days. Not to say he won't again, but a move might be best for both parties.

Yeah but you could get way more for Laird than Francis. Even if internally you rated them same, their market value isn’t, so you wouldn’t do a straight swap.

Not so sure on GWS:

"We'd love Adelaide to take Chayce Jones"

That’s because they wanted Caldwell more, doesn’t mean they didn’t also like him.

Dec 29, 2000
AFL Club
Adelaide
Camporeale on FiveAA just said they believe we're better than we're playing, and that the results show.

Deluded dickhead.

That’s a way of saying it is on the players and not the coaches. A diversionary tactic.

Saw the game between Essendon and Collingwood live - they move it out of difference quickly and not at snails pace plus they both have speed in their midfield. Both these qualities we severely lack.

It is very difficult to comprehend how we don’t tweak our game plan based on the opponent. Will be fascinating to see what happens Sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back