News 2019 Rumour File - discuss rumours here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 14, 2005
Canberra
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Adelaide Crows
Any chance Burton et al are feeding stories to the press about the agitators among the players? There was a Smith rumour too.
I think there is a lot (massive) of unhappiness within the playing group, and I think Burton is at the heart of it. If Burton isn't removed, and quickly, then I think the stories of 10+ players wanting out will be proven to be accurate.

Those who fail to learn the lessons of history are doomed to repeat it.

Burton's presence at Brisbane led to a massive injury list, and a conga line of players asking to be traded out of the club. Adelaide failed to learn from Burton's history, and now it is being repeated in our own backyard.

I think there is a lot (massive) of unhappiness within the playing group, and I think Burton is at the heart of it. If Burton isn't removed, and quickly, then I think the stories of 10+ players wanting out will be proven to be accurate.

Those who fail to learn the lessons of history are doomed to repeat it.

Burton's presence at Brisbane led to a massive injury list, and a conga line of players asking to be traded out of the club. Adelaide failed to learn from Burton's history, and now it is being repeated in our own backyard.

If this is proven to be true, anyone associated with deliberately turning a blind eye to this situation needs to be removed as well.

Aug 21, 2008
AFL Club
Adelaide
Yes I have watched him very closely as I want our team to get better quickly. Any player that can aid in that process needs to be played. The problem with Myles for mine is his disposal, awareness, speed of release and creativity with the ball. He reminds me of Mitch Grigg in that he kills it at sanfl and does very little at Afl. Our midfield is treacle slow. We need mids with blistering pace to make up for this shortfall. Jones is perfect to rectify this imbalance. I just don't see anything from Myles. For mine it was not a good draft for Ogilvie.

Comparing him with Grigg tells me you really have only looked at his stats.

Johnny Rutten

Anarchy for the AFC, it's coming sometime...
Apr 25, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
If this is proven to be true, anyone associated with deliberately turning a blind eye to this situation needs to be removed as well.
I think it's a given that there will be plenty of changes. And, I'm (purely) guessing the players will have the biggest say. IMO, the AFC owes that to them.

Oct 20, 2015
In a Galaxy Far, Far Away
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
It is certainly true. What is uncertain is whether anyone deliberately turned a blind eye to it. If they did, they must go.

It is certainly true. What is uncertain is whether anyone deliberately turned a blind eye to it. If they did, they must go.

By blind eye, I mean surely the players or a playing group would have approached someone in a position of power at the AFC over the course of the past couple of seasons voicing their concern and issues. If this is the case, why was it not elevated to Fagan?

Would be interesting if those in the leadership group turned a blind eye to it.

hippyhippy

Premiership Player
Feb 18, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Adelaide
Honestly cant see who he would take the spot of. Moving forward our midfield is likely to be Sloane, Jones, Gallucci, MCrouch, BCrouch, Smith, McHenry. I also feel Brown and Doedee are potential midfielders. Not to mention who we trade and draft. If we keep pick 3 i presume they would be going for the best available mid with class and speed. Nothing against myles but he is a list clogger and will never make it at Afl level at our club. Tbh I don't think he will make it at any club.
he can take mackays spot .. wherever that is..

Honestly this bloody playing group and their self righteous attitudes and ‘player power’, that said hard to play without players. Rock, hard place ect.

I don't blame them for not liking Pyke. I would be offside the second I was told to go on 'the camp' and have to do pseudoscience mind training.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back