News 2019 Rumour File - discuss rumours here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jetwa5h

Club Legend
Oct 18, 2007
On the line interwebs thingy
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg
I know Matty Allen quite well. A ripping lad.

Has he actually been delisted? He might get another contract yet. Whilst he hasn't made his debut, he has been on the emergency list consistently. He's very close.
Unfortunately for him he started his WC career as a key forward (think Fog. Similar size, not as quick but a bit more agile) and was stuck behind two gun Key forwards. They then also added Oscar Allen so he was going to struggle there.
This year he has transitioned to a mid - which many hoped he could when he was drafted. Has done pretty well in that role, but stuck behind one of the best midfields in the AFL.

Not sure he is likely to be a full-time mid at AFL level (speed issues I think will cost him), but if he came free, you would definitely consider it. Especially if we lose players like CEY, a Crouch or even Poholke. At 21 he still has time to develop.
whats his fitness like could he play a Lynch type role?

HarryCrow

Senior List
Aug 16, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Honestly this bloody playing group and their self righteous attitudes and ‘player power’, that said hard to play without players. Rock, hard place ect.

Usually I'd agree but the 'style' of footy they've been asked to play and the way they've lost this year it's not a tantrum, it's heartbreaking.

Aug 9, 2019
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels, Central Augusta
Yes I have watched him very closely as I want our team to get better quickly. Any player that can aid in that process needs to be played. The problem with Myles for mine is his disposal, awareness, speed of release and creativity with the ball. He reminds me of Mitch Grigg in that he kills it at sanfl and does very little at Afl. Our midfield is treacle slow. We need mids with blistering pace to make up for this shortfall. Jones is perfect to rectify this imbalance. I just don't see anything from Myles. For mine it was not a good draft for Ogilvie.
Bullshit you have!!!

I see you've dropped the "lacks pace" bit already, which was utter, utter bullshit now you're saying his disposal is a problem which is utter, utter, utter bullshit, Myles is an above average kick and has elite hands in tight and is elite overhead for someone his size. You are talking out of your ass.

Murray2503

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 10, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Eddie Betts and Charlie Cameron liking posts on Instagram that reference Derrwayne’s “rumours” of Laird & other crows wanting out is just petty and piss poor
Cameron should worry about getting a kick in this year's finals. Grimes pulled his pants down and embarrassed him. Didn't see the motorbike bs last week.

Murray2503

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 10, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Bulls**t you have!!!

I see you've dropped the "lacks pace" bit already, which was utter, utter bulls**t now you're saying his disposal is a problem which is utter, utter, utter bulls**t, Myles is an above average kick and has elite hands in tight and is elite overhead for someone his size. You are talking out of your ass.
He lacks elite pace and is not quick. You seem to be his biggest fan. Good on you. I'm not a fan and never will be. If he is on our list at the end of 2020 I will be surprised. Btw don't ever tell me I haven't watched a certain player I say I have. I keep an eye on all drafted players as they are the only way the club can improve due to the clubs lack of trading ability.

GetInMyVanBerlo

All Australian
Sep 11, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
He lacks elite pace and is not quick. You seem to be his biggest fan. Good on you. I'm not a fan and never will be. If he is on our list at the end of 2020 I will be surprised. Btw don't ever tell me I haven't watched a certain player I say I have. I keep an eye on all drafted players as they are the only way the club can improve due to the clubs lack of trading ability.
Whether you watch certain players or not is irrelevant cause you have shown time and time again how clueless you are.

Aug 9, 2019
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels, Central Augusta

Keep digging

First it was Myles "lacks pace "now it's Myles lacks "elite" pace.

And you clearly HAVE NOT watched him play too bloody often or you wouldn't be posting so much regarding him that is totally incorrect game style wise.

He has come on in leaps and bounds this season and his SANFL form has clearly warranted a call up to AFL over several under performing mids as any member of this board that watches SANFL religiously will tell you.

Nov 11, 2007
Rebuilding
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Kochie's 2nd fave team
Poholke reminds me often of Yeo.
Looks similar at times, seems to move similar.
Be nice if he could reach that level though.

His early games, looked nowhere near it.
From what I've seen of him this year, albeit SANFL, deserves another crack at AFL and a proper crack at it next year.
Let's find out.

Yes I have watched him very closely as I want our team to get better quickly. Any player that can aid in that process needs to be played. The problem with Myles for mine is his disposal, awareness, speed of release and creativity with the ball. He reminds me of Mitch Grigg in that he kills it at sanfl and does very little at Afl. Our midfield is treacle slow. We need mids with blistering pace to make up for this shortfall. Jones is perfect to rectify this imbalance. I just don't see anything from Myles. For mine it was not a good draft for Ogilvie.
Perhaps try to watch him with your eyes open in future

I personally can't see him holding down a midfield spot. I would move him myself. Has no standout features I can see. Lacks pace and just not creative enough with the ball in hand. Would be in Myles best interests to leave to a club such as GC if he is not In the crows long term interests.
Lacks pace? * a duck!!

headache1

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Apr 10, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sacramento Kings, Arsenal
That’s numblingly asinine

Steve Smith is *THE* talent. There is no such thing as the more talented kid to take his place!!!

Nah, it's just form that has made him the best test batsman since Bradman. Talent has nothing to do with it. Even Bradman just got on a hot streak.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back