News 2019 Rumour File - discuss rumours here!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think there’s a bit of underrating of Grundy here. Also need to consider the effect a star like that would have on an emerging midfield of younger players.

Big in stature, big in midfield contribution - would be great for a kid like Jones.

I think an acquisition like that would lift everybody.

Yep, he puts up midfielder numbers. As a ruck. It's like getting 2 players in 1

True.

If I was Collingwood, I'd hold him next year, at the risk of losing him for nothing the year after.

If it delivers a flag next year, then it is worth it one hundred times over.

Well, let's hope they win it this year and they can say "we're happy to let him go"

Laird is probably our best player. Trading him would be another idiotic thing to do. Fair dinkum, does everyone on this board suffer from shiny new toy syndrome?
I can’t beleive that you go down the track of new shiny toy when it was absolutely noticeable this yr that Laird is found out when on the hammer and having to defend and most of his out balls were turnover or to stationary targets.
He fell off a cliff when the new set up came into effect and quite honestly let our team down with crap dump kicks out of defensive zone.
So yeah trade option for sure.

ROB isn’t a patch on Grundy. Grundy is in the top 10 players in the comp and is more than just a ruck, he’s another midfielder.

The cost is a small defender, who once clubs have paid more attention to, has had a dip in form and a young ruck who will not being in the top ruckman in the comp.

Laird and ROB is a no brainer and it has nothing to do with shiny toy, it’s to do with getting one of the top echelon of players in the comp.

You don't need a top ruckman to win a premiership. When was the last time a team won that had one? Only a fool would sell the farm for a ruckman considering that fact, and the fact we've already got a decent one.

People are way underrating Laird on here, he's an absolute gun.

I can’t beleive that you go down the track of new shiny toy when it was absolutely noticeable this yr that Laird is found out when on the hammer and having to defend and most of his out balls were turnover or to stationary targets.
He fell off a cliff when the new set up came into effect and quite honestly let our team down with crap dump kicks out of defensive zone.
So yeah trade option for sure.

Glad you're not doing our list management.

Laird for Pick 8 (Brisbane do leg work)
Knight for Pick 40
Pick 21 + Keath + Pick 40 for Pick 12 and Williams (Dogs)
Pick 12 for Francis and Fantasia
2020 first, CEY, Greenwood, Betts to GC for Lukosius
Pick 8 + ROB (worth a pick 15ish next year) + Lynch (Pick 30) for Grundy and 3rd
Pick 3 and Jenkins for Pick 2 (Anderson)

Brown ~ Talia ~ Doedee
Smith ~ Francis ~ Sholl
Seedsman ~ Crouch ~ Milera
Grundy ~ Crouch ~ Sloane
Lukosius ~ Walker ~ McHenry
Fantasia ~ Fogarty ~ McAdam
Williams ~ Anderson ~ Kelly
Jones

Galluci, Poholke, Himmelburg, Hartigan, McPherson, Hamill, Davis, Butts, Murphy, Stengle, Frampton?
Reckon Reidy might need an assistant or two to get all that done

Grundy’s season averages:

21 disposals
13 contested possessions
6.5 score involvements
5.9 clearances

Cripps
28 disposals
17 contested possessions
5.2 score involvements
8.5 clearances

Cripps is one of the premier midfielders in the comp. Grundy’s no’s arent that far behind.

Oh Grundy also averages 41 hit outs.

Laird and ROB is a no brainer and would be robbery

Last edited:
Why do we want Grundy? ROB is more than fine. It's like trading a Porsche for a Ferrari. We don't need it and it's not worth what we'd have to give up. Further, we don't need a top three ruck to win a premiership. It's would be a complete waste and a "ohhhh shiny" dumb mistake. I'd be really pi**ed off if we did it.
More like trading a top of the range Hilux for a Ferrari

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You have to give something, to get something. If that means Laird and O'brien to get Grundy then so be it. I feel the pies would go hard at Jeremy Cameron this year if they were to lose Grundy, a good ruck and an elite key forward with their midfield would cover Grundy.

Take it for what you will, a contact of mine knows a few people at the Club in some capacity. Apparently Campo is gone. He said that the minute the big wigs are out the room, the players are into Pavlich about how much they hate him. Lets hope so hey

Except they actually like him and it's just this board hate him. Look, I think he's a bit stale and we need a complete refresh but I don't think the players hate Campo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back