News 2019 Rumour File - discuss rumours here!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not particularly precious about the idea of losing senior players heading into their late 20s but losing SA boy Smith to Brisbane (I'd imagine a place he'd have little connection to) would be catastrophic to the football club.
Yep, given the character he is, he’s loved by the players and supporters.

We finally move him up the ground and we won’t get to see it pay off under a decent game plan.

It also would say that our best players can be picked off.

Hopefully he turns it down.

I’d be going Laird before Smith

* it. Let him go. The only way we will have any kind of rebuild is if its forced on us. Same as the review.

Obviously it's better if you plan these things and conduct them strategically, but let's not forget we're the AFC.

He's contracted, so unless Brisbane offer something the Crows cannot refuse, we should keep him at all costs.
I just can't see him putting up anything to tempt us. He's not beyond trading but it needs to be an absolute ripper deal.

Rowe on AA reporting that Brisbane have tabled a firm offer to Brodie Smith.
How are they allowed to do this when he’s contracted? Remember Malthouse getting his jocks in a twist when he thought Crows had done this to Eddie? The ******* integrity crew, or whatever they were then, were called in.

What the hell is firm supposed to mean? This isn’t a jibe at you CTID.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
We made a firm offer to Gibbsy three years ago, the Eagles made a firm offer to Tim Kelly last year.

What part of they are contracted is so hard to understand. They make an offer too hard to refuse (and they seem to have bugger all to offer) or they can shove their firm offer up their arse.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Trade players out and high draft picks in
Start the rebuild
Sick of all these players pretending they are interested in coming back just to up their contracts

Sent from my SM-J730G using Tapatalk

It's not as simple as trading out all our guys above a certain age for draft picks and rebuilding like that.

If that was the course we took, we'd be in the bottom 4 for 5+ years, we'd be at the level Carlton or Melbourne were at during their lowest points, ridiculous suggestions in here.

The squad is cooked. Most players from the GF are completely and utterly done.

20% is nine players. Jones, Fogarty, McHenry, Milera, Doedee, O'Brien, M. Crouch, Gallucci? Sholl?

Guys like Sloane, Talia, Lynch, Walker, Seedsman, Smith just about done in two years. Cash in Brad Crouch and Laird. And then a bunch of the young guys who probably won't make it.

Two years worth of heavy drafting and hit the 2021 trade period with some prime candidates traded in.

We're talking three years worth of player movement here.

Let's be honest.

We're likely to be spoon contenders the next two years. Mutineer will disagree, but our list is ****ed, mostly due to poor management.

Think our best option is to go the draft route, develop them and in two years time, hopefully we've got the cap space to start attracting better footballers than Sam Gibson or Ryan Nyuhuis.

Let's be honest.

We're likely to be spoon contenders the next two years. Mutineer will disagree, but our list is ****ed, mostly due to poor management.

Think our best option is to go the draft route, develop them and in two years time, hopefully we've got the cap space to start attracting better footballers than Sam Gibson or Ryan Nyuhuis.
You bloody well better believe it!!!!!!!!!!

Let's be honest.

We're not even close to spoon contenders. We sucked balls this year and nearly fell into the finals.

I am a big fan of cutting deep and rebuilding over 3 years. Just need to NOT do a carlton - there needs to be enough mature bodies so it's not 22 kids getting pummelled. 5 years of being total balls will destroy the culture of the club and we'll be a melbourne/carlton/gc. We can handle a couple of years.

We're not even close to spoon contenders. We sucked balls this year and nearly fell into the finals.

I am a big fan of cutting deep and rebuilding over 3 years. Just need to NOT do a carlton - there needs to be enough mature bodies so it's not 22 kids getting pummelled. 5 years of being total balls will destroy the culture of the club and we'll be a melbourne/carlton/gc. We can handle a couple of years.
What was our record after the bye and who did we beat? We were a bottom 4 side after the bye

You bloody well better believe it!!!!!!!!!!

I'd feel a lot better if Milera and Gallucci hadn't taken two steps backwards this year. Himmelberg hasn't come on as much as I'd have liked either.

Fog, Jones, McHenry, Sholl, Hamill, Butts and Stengle is not a bad group, to go with Doedee and ROB. Not the quality we had when Sloane, Danger, Talia, Smith, Tippett, Jacobs and Walker were coming through mind you but still decent. Very flanker heavy though - we need more pure mids and KPP's.

The lack of games given to them means we are in for some pain while they get up to speed.

If anyone wants to see an Organisation that might make you feel a touch better. Check out the Miami Dolphins this season.

Pure, unadulterated tanking mode at its finest!

I'd feel a lot better if Milera and Gallucci hadn't taken two steps backwards this year. Himmelberg hasn't come on as much as I'd have liked either.

Fog, Jones, McHenry, Sholl, Hamill, Butts and Stengle is not a bad group, to go with Doedee and ROB. Not the quality we had when Sloane, Danger, Talia, Smith, Tippett, Jacobs and Walker were coming through mind you but still decent. Very flanker heavy though - we need more pure mids and KPP's.

The lack of games given to them means we are in for some pain while they get up to speed.
Opinions are like.......Everyone's got one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back