News 2019 Rumour File - discuss rumours here!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

TexForPM

Premiership Player
May 21, 2015
Zegema Beach
AFL Club
Adelaide
It's no good saying he's a cancer or she is.

The review will look at all appointments and management at.
Board level
Footy Ops
Development
List management
Coaches
Grass roots
Etc

If someone is a cancer they will be found out.

I expect plenty will go who we think and a couple more.
We will only be able to speculate (they won't release the doc?) But we will probably be able to put 2 and 2 together.

Can't come quick enough.

Aug 7, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Great - so we're in good shape... except for the reason for our being.
I'm surprised no one has copied ElChappo's comments on Birdbrain...

But, interestingly, on Roo first:

Asked to explain why football director Ricciuto had been viewed as a future chairman but now had become a lightning rod for fan forum accusations of an old boy’s club, Chapman urged the Brownlow Medallist not be pigeonholed because of his football pedigree. “His views and opinions on all things Adelaide Football Club have been invaluable.

“He’s been a wonderful contributor. His specific role as director of football, again, I can’t think of a better person in this state who could do that job,” Chapman said.

“I get the outrage and anger – it’s an easy solution to sack people. The reality is, it’s only easy when there is a superior candidate, and in this instance there’s not.

So here's the bit on Birdbrain:

Chapman said he was proud of appointments, including Pyke and chief executive officer Andrew Fagan, saying there had been a thorough process with independent input and recommendations put to him. “(Head of Football) Brett Burton is another one who cops criticism, so let’s get on the front foot with it,” he said. “When Brett got interviewed, (former teammate) Mark (Ricciuto) stepped away from that process.

“But I can say there were people within the industry that spoke to us and said: ‘Why are you wasting your time interviewing others? Why are you being hesitant in appointing him?’ And the response was ‘Well we’ve got to do our due diligence, a choice of one’s never a choice’. So we interviewed lots of people and industry sources, independent of our football club were going: ‘He’s got the pedigree, he’s got the background, he’s got the experience — appoint him.’

“And eventually, when we concluded our process, we appointed him.”

Chapman declared himself happy with Burton’s performance. He said the late deputy chairman and tourism industry leader Bob Foord, who died in late 2017, would have taken over as chairman this year.

“Brett is a new-age, innovative football manager who is learning, by his own admission. And as soon as any of us stop learning, we’ll give the game away,” he said.

“He’s learning and has learned a lot in this role. But I’m backing him to be one of the elite football managers, when judged at the end of his tenure.”

“I would have happily handed over to him, it would have been a seamless transition going into this next phase — he would have been a wonderful chairman of our football club. Every person on this board would be capable of being the chairman of our football club. I think we have a wonderful board. It is a complete cross section of skill set and of society.”

— The author is an Adelaide Football Club foundation member.

King Of Money

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 11, 2013
34.9155° S, 138.5961° E
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Strikers, 36ers, LA Rams, Liverpool
Have a look at this s**t:

View attachment 730950

We're not trusted to rule ourselves.

Like, I already knew we had submitted to AFL control, but its infuriating when you see it in a table like this and that all VFL clubs have member voting rights
So how does the licence fit in with this? What are we paying $11 million to the SANFL for? What control/power have we actually bought if the above table is correct.

From Wikipedia:
In March 2014, on the eve of the new season, the South Australian Football Commission announced it had struck a deal with the Adelaide Football Club which required the SANFL to transfer its ownership of the Crows' licence to the club, in exchange for payments totalling $11.326 million between 2013 and 2028. The arrangement marked the first time the Adelaide Football Club had independent control of its own administration and came in conjunction with measures designed to solidify the SANFL's control of game development and the sport in South Australia.

mattymac

Why no midfield crowz?
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2009
Yes
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
No
“(Head of Football) Brett Burton is another one who cops criticism, so let’s get on the front foot with it,” he said. “When Brett got interviewed, (former teammate) Mark (Ricciuto) stepped away from that process.

“But I can say there were people within the industry that spoke to us and said: ‘Why are you wasting your time interviewing others? Why are you being hesitant in appointing him?’ And the response was ‘Well we’ve got to do our due diligence, a choice of one’s never a choice’. So we interviewed lots of people and industry sources, independent of our football club were going: ‘He’s got the pedigree, he’s got the background, he’s got the experience — appoint him.’

Chapman declared himself happy with Burton’s performance.

Let's all cast our minds back to the Tippet scandal and remind ourselves that Chapman is a bald faced liar.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Asked to explain why football director Ricciuto had been viewed as a future chairman but now had become a lightning rod for fan forum accusations of an old boy’s club, Chapman urged the Brownlow Medallist not be pigeonholed because of his football pedigree. “His views and opinions on all things Adelaide Football Club have been invaluable.

“He’s been a wonderful contributor. His specific role as director of football, again, I can’t think of a better person in this state who could do that job,” Chapman said.

“I get the outrage and anger – it’s an easy solution to sack people. The reality is, it’s only easy when there is a superior candidate, and in this instance there’s not.

Chapman said he was proud of appointments, including Pyke and chief executive officer Andrew Fagan, saying there had been a thorough process with independent input and recommendations put to him. “(Head of Football) Brett Burton is another one who cops criticism, so let’s get on the front foot with it,” he said. “When Brett got interviewed, (former teammate) Mark (Ricciuto) stepped away from that process.

Chapman declared himself happy with Burton’s performance. He said the late deputy chairman and tourism industry leader Bob Foord, who died in late 2017, would have taken over as chairman this year.

“Brett is a new-age, innovative football manager who is learning, by his own admission. And as soon as any of us stop learning, we’ll give the game away,” he said.

“He’s learning and has learned a lot in this role. But I’m backing him to be one of the elite football managers, when judged at the end of his tenure.”

“I would have happily handed over to him, it would have been a seamless transition going into this next phase — he would have been a wonderful chairman of our football club. Every person on this board would be capable of being the chairman of our football club. I think we have a wonderful board. It is a complete cross section of skill set and of society.”

anigif_enhanced-buzz-22825-1404391834-16.gif

Elite Crow

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Let's all cast our minds back to the Tippet scandal and remind ourselves that Chapman is a bald faced liar.
Stepped away, what the * is that supposed to mean?

So he wasn’t on the panel or the one making the decision but how is that relevant?

The rest of the panel know who he is and their relationship so if it came down to a choice, which way are they going to lean? With the powerbroker or against him.

Absolute farce of a club. They are making it very hard to continue to support them.

mattymac

Why no midfield crowz?
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2009
Yes
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
No
Stepped away, what the fu** is that supposed to mean?

So he wasn’t on the panel or the one making the decision but how is that relevant?

The rest of the panel know who he is and their relationship so if it came down to a choice, which way are they going to lean? With the powerbroker or against him.

Absolute farce of a club. They are making it very hard to continue to support them.
Its clear they are completely detached from reality.

They think Chapman can give us a condescending "we get you, but you're wrong" monologue through a club ambassador and everything will be ok again.

morris086

Club Legend
Mar 29, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
But I can say there were people within the industry that spoke to us and said: ‘Why are you wasting your time interviewing others? Why are you being hesitant in appointing him?’ And the response was ‘Well we’ve got to do our due diligence, a choice of one’s never a choice’. So we interviewed lots of people and industry sources, independent of our football club were going: ‘He’s got the pedigree, he’s got the background, he’s got the experience — appoint him.’
Who the hell would've said that about someone who over saw the worst fitness department in the Afl at the time? Im guessing they were at the Lions and wanted to see him gone asap. He cant even keep his linkedin page updated.
Untitled.jpg

Jul 27, 2004
Las Vegas
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
Stepped away, what the fu** is that supposed to mean?

When a decision or process comes up, you identify your conflict and step put of the process.

Roo would have indicated his conflict.

Personally, the fact he did this and the board still selected Burton gives me some hope he isn't incompetent. The board would have to be as doubley careful the process was correctly done.

Last edited:
May 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg
I find it staggering that Chapman is already concluding that any external review will show what a wonderful job they are doing.
They're not purposefully bad, of course they think they're doing everything right. Incompetent people rarely think they're incompetent.

Elite Crow

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
You haven't been on a board?

When a decision or process comes up, you identify your conflict and step put of the process.

Roo would have indicated his conflict.

Personally, the fact he did this and the board still selected Burton gives me some hope he isn't incompetent. The board would have to be as doubley careful the process was correctly done.
I’ve said he stepped away but pointed out the irrelevance of it, not sure why you had to post what you did except to indicate you’ve been on a board.

Some hope he isn’t incompetent? Not seen enough evidence?

Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox

Burton is either the best choice or he is learning his role. He cant be both.

If he is the best choice then he already knows his role and obligations

Crow_68

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 15, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide
The demographics this article is directed towards will lap up Chapman’s comments, a reassurance that their favourite boys are all happy and content at the club.

No surprise the words ‘decline to comment’ are mentioned on more than one occasion, after all it’s been the mantra for the 11 years this clown has been at the club.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back