News 2019 Rumour File - discuss rumours here!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Basset and Blight would have to be the weirdest combo ever. It would make for good entertainment if nothing else
Except for the footy, if his team played anything like Norwood and Port.

I know what you are trying to say and I know why you are saying it, but.... damn I can’t even argue this one!
The issue is that 44% of teams make the finals.

If going through school with straight Cs is success to you, that's fine. But I expect my team to be aiming for As

I used to be one of those who said you can't blame PYKE for the s**t AFC culture he has inherited. But let's be honest he embraced it and has taken it to another level. One of many who has to go.

Me too. Hard to know if Pyke has any real energy and visibly strong decisiveness about him in his daily doings. Hate to think that he is as boring as he presents on tv.

But then again maybe he fits quite well into a conservative roll-on middle of the table unexciting football club.

Me too. Hard to know if Pyke has any real energy and visibly strong decisiveness about him in his daily doings. Hate to think that he is as boring as he presents on tv.

But then again maybe he fits quite well into a conservative roll-on middle of the table unexciting football club.
The AFC culture issues started well before Pyke arrived and it will take more than a Senior Coaches influence to change the current culture at the club

With that said Pyke has his flaws like every senior coach

On SM-N960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Wouldn't want Malcolm Blight near the coaching team. His philosophies are too far removed from the modern game.
And our current ones aren’t???

Last edited:
The AFC culture issues started well before Pyke arrived and it will take more than a Senior Coaches influence to change the current culture at the club

With that said Pyke has his flaws like every senior coach

On SM-N960F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Any chance that's why there's rumors of the Crows being willing to trade just about anyone at the moment?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He actually predicted the modern game over 20 years ago so wouldn't be 100% sure about that one

Sent from my SM-J730G using Tapatalk
I've heard him speak. I'm pretty sure.

No way in hell I want Bassett as head coach.

Look at what he has done to Port's forward line. He was sacked by both the Dees and Bombers.

No thanks.

Yes he did well at Norwood. Being the first SANFL coach to bring in an AFL system.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Don’t know if anyone of this is true but this is what I heard today, seems far fetched to me...

Brian Cunningham will be undertaking an external review of the Adelaide Football club, with Malcolm Blight as his assistant.

Pyke gone. Bassett to be head coach with Blight as mentor.

Jenkins gone.

Pyke didn’t want either of Mattner or Godden but they were still appointed as assistant coaches as they were cheap.

Cunningham: "This is a boys club. Significant changes required. Recommend we get rid of Burton and bring in Bassett and Blight."

Chapman: "After a thorough review the board is satisfied we've addressed the absurd allegations that the club only employs mates. The appointment of Port Adelaide's assistant coach and St Kilda ex-coach support the clubs new direction."

Don’t know if anyone of this is true but this is what I heard today, seems far fetched to me...

Brian Cunningham will be undertaking an external review of the Adelaide Football club, with Malcolm Blight as his assistant.

Pyke gone. Bassett to be head coach with Blight as mentor.

Jenkins gone.

Pyke didn’t want either of Mattner or Godden but they were still appointed as assistant coaches as they were cheap.
Only Jenkins is gone? What about Atkins, Mackay, Douglas, Otten, Jacobs, Gibbs, Knight, Poholke, Kelly? Blighty is the clean out master. Ask Jars.

I'll never forget 1 dopey flog deciding to leave a blast hole rig near the base of the pit in Mt Newman. He thought the best plan was to place 2x 250 ton dump trucks in front of the blast hole rig, facing it, with their trays up.

Funnily, when the blast went off, it took out 2 x dump trucks and the blast hole drill they were trying to shield

lol ..

shame you were not behind the controls, flog!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back