News 2019 Rumour File - discuss rumours here!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since we are buddies you could PM me, Ill post it and you could see me in trouble
I was thinking we should have a "Rumour File" user, which only post rumours on behalf of other members who wish to remain anonymous or avoid all the follow up questions.
They would just post the rumour and maybe a rating of how many times the providing user had been right or wrong previously.

I was thinking we should have a "Rumour File" user, which only post rumours on behalf of other members who wish to remain anonymous or avoid all the follow up questions.
They would just post the rumour and maybe a rating of how many times the providing user had been right or wrong previously.
Not a bad idea

Assistant coach material?

Imagine if we changed our coaching structure next year:

Senior : Pyke -> Pyke
Snr Asst: Campo -> Richardson
Mids: Godden -> McVeigh
Def: Mattner -> Mattner
Forward: Leon Byner -> Sumich
Sumich wouldn't come just to coach forwards, but yes, something along those lines is required. There is some very good assistant coach material on offer this year

He was unlucky because his game plan made the match a close, defensive slugfest that required coming back from a four goal first half deficit where his team only kicked 4 goals.

It should never even get to the point where the bounce of a ball can dictate your chances of a flag.

2009 was St Kilda's minor premiership year. Didn't kick a goal in the last quarter of the GF in a low scoring slugfest, and got run over by the more attacking team.

Fremantle 2015. One goal at half time in the grand final. Again made the minor premiership. Lost to the offensive team.

I don't rate what he has done as a coach. His defensive tactics were ineffective on four occasions. That's enough evidence for me.

Yes, I imagine that is enough for you

Nuff said

Plus the Hawkins ball hitting the goal post yet called a goal in the 2009 GF.
If goal review exists then there's a fair chance he wins in 2009. And like was mentioned, if the mongrel punt in 2010 bounces on its belly he goes back to back.

Last edited:
And we had Riccuitto, Edwards, McLeod, Goodwin etc and plenty of others better than their names through the mid to late 2000s
We didn't have a forward as good as Reiwoldt or even Kossie though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We can call it Michaelangelo Kornes

Put up or shut up.

nfr.gif

Notwithstanding the views on his past performance, it's pretty clear that defensive tactics don't win in the current rules regime. Exhibit A Crows v Collingwood last week.

I don’t think that’s a sound analogy or example.

We played with all the energy of zombies wading through treacle, it told us little of the underlying merits of the respective systems and structures. The disconnect was so profound as to render any extrapolation beyond “ oh s**t” meaningless

And we had Riccuitto, Edwards, McLeod, Goodwin etc and plenty of others better than their names through the mid to late 2000s
Unfortuenrly for us. That team was coming up against a west coast team consisting of cousins Judd Kerr cox and embley.

The things I would do to see our 2000s midfield compete today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back