News 2019 Rumour File - discuss rumours here!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If anyone does have any good rumours but don't want to put up with any associated bulls**t, feel free to create a dupe/troll account to post your goss. That way everyone gets to read it and its a lot easier to ignore the dumb questioning that is sure to follow. Also feel free to have some fun when coming up with a name of the new account, a reference to the equine species and your favourite colour could certainly work well.

MOD NOTE: Conversely, don't break one of the first rules about BigFooty concerning alias accounts.

You don’t know someone is s**t until they are s**t, right? I think we’re bloody lucky he wanted out after a year.
You are with the fairies. Take a piece of advice, whenever you want to say something positive about the club think 21 years without a premiership and the massive loss of another opportunity to win one, and rethink about the dross you are about to write.

Francou did leave us. To work with his best mate or because our club is toxic. Depends what side of the paradigm you sit on.

But our forward line was poor both years. Certainly not as good as it was under Teague.

Interesting to note Francou was mainly midfield/stoppages coach at Sydney and is working with their younger players as a Development (teaching) Coach at the Suns.

Maybe forward coach was not a good fit for him personally and he realised this a year into it? The Suns job being a better fit for his skillset.

Of course for those sitting in the "our club is toxic and all.people only leave because if this" belief could suggest Francou should have been moved to Campo's role with Campo sacked.

Although I personally think our midfield being so poor is more of a result of poor midfield drafting ahead of actual coaching. Coaching plays a part, but we have not drafted a truly elite mid since Dangerfield. However Hamish can do no wrong and is above criticism.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
So midfield coaching that doesn’t a) set up for losing taps b) doesn’t tag and c) has the mix all wrong when there are players we could play in there is not on the coaches?

Sloane, Brad and Matt are all quality mids.

There are very few players like Danger and perhaps if we hadn’t lost picks we would have Cripps given we were keen on him.

You are with the fairies. Take a piece of advice, whenever you want to say something positive about the club think 21 years without a premiership and the massive loss of another opportunity to win one, and rethink about the dross you are about to write.

Well, at least we're not Port. Just think of having to live with 119 and the never-ending jigsaw puzzle that is their list. Yikes.

Well, at least we're not Port. Just think of having to live with 119 and the never-ending jigsaw puzzle that is their list. Yikes.
They look closer to their next flag than we do though. Getting lots of game time into their youngsters who are thriving on the opportunities and trust they've been given, putting their senior players on notice, not gifting their captain games if he's out of form, yet still sitting in the 8.

A piece of advice for you. Put me on ignore.

They look closer to their next flag than we do though. Getting lots of game time into their youngsters who are thriving on the opportunities and trust they've been given, putting their senior players on notice, not gifting their captain games if he's out of form, yet still sitting in the 8.
Yes but they’ve been doing that for years and burning them out. What was once good, turns to shite.

So what you are saying is that we sit just above the suns in player retention, but even they weren't incompetent enough to lose 4 high quality draft picks of which Patrick Cripps was one.
But losing those four picks can't be counted as players leaving. They may have been the result of Tippetgate but we certainly didnt lose any disgruntled players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just looking at the points you make I tend to agree. Whether they can actually turn it into reality is another thing. When they added those senior players to their list all the talk was about Port being in their window. It didnt happen. This year the youngsters have shown their class and it looks like Port have a better platform to launch an attack on the flag. They still have some cleaning out to do themselves. But I do agree that they are closer than we are.

Just looking at the points you make I tend to agree. Whether they can actually turn it into reality is another thing. When they added those senior players to their list all the talk was about Port being in their window. It didnt happen. This year the youngsters have shown their class and it looks like Port have a better platform to launch an attack on the flag. They still have some cleaning out to do themselves. But I do agree that they are closer than we are.

Boak is the difference between Adelaide and Port, he is up there in brownlow favs he is destroying it this year, can he play on like this year, hes 31 at the moment

They dont have a replacement yet

So midfield coaching that doesn’t a) set up for losing taps b) doesn’t tag and c) has the mix all wrong when there are players we could play in there is not on the coaches?

There are very few players like Danger and perhaps if we hadn’t lost picks we would have Cripps given we were keen on him.
Having one of the worst midfields is a combination of the poor coaching and lack of genuine elite talent.

None of our mids are capable defensively.

Sloaney and the Crouch bros are workman. Not way near elite.

Having one of the worst midfields is a combination of the poor coaching and lack of genuine elite talent.

Sloane is a pick in the 40s, Matt is a pick in the 20s, Brad is closest to elite we have and he would have gone very early in his draft year.

We have options we could run through the middle, Smith was drafted as a midfielder but only now are we playing him as mid spasmodically. Milera is a midfielder being used in a variety of positions.

Mostly elite mids come from low picks, I’m sure Hamish would have picked Martin, Cotchin, Bont, Selwood, Boak, Kelly, Coniglio etc if he had the picks

I’ve said it before, it wouldn’t surprise me if we’re looking to gradually morph Pykes role into more the traditional “head of football” role and bring in a senior assistant as almost a pseudo “senior coach”.

I think they’ve started this year with Burton being relatively sidelined, Pyke taking on a lot of his duties and the promotion of Campo into a “senior assistant” role.

Trouble is finding someone capable and willing to fill the role. Sumich has a prior relationship with Pyke and this may be willing to do so for the right price.
Don't mind that

A mate said that Champion Data had rated both Crouch bros as "elite". Is that correct?

If two midfielders get 43 possessions and 35 possessions with a third getting 17 possessions in half a game how have you lost the game? If both were elite we wouldn't have!

And of those 78 possessions, 38 were handballs and yet only going at 69% and 62% disposal efficiency - problem right there!

Some things I've heard:
  • Brad Crouch's manager has been shopping him around to gauge his value after playing the whole season and proving his body is up to it. Brad happy to stay at Crows and would prefer to stay so manager pushing for a higher contract renewal. Will not be requesting a trade, but is open to the idea if the Crows suggest it.
  • Apparently there are some interesting "clauses" in Pyke's contract that explain his short term approach to team selection and constant talk of making finals being the only goal. Makes sense given the clubs history with removing coaches after 2 failed seasons.
  • The talk about Fogarty wanting out is made-up media crap. He knows there will be good opportunities for him here in the future with our aging forwards. Has a contract and will be here long term. Club open to offering a long term deal next year.
  • MacKay has signed a 1 year extension, will be announced soon.
  • Jenkins open to a trade, but all about the $$$. Will not leave for less money. Gold Coast the likely destination.

Every side in the eight has at least one if not two or more elite mids. Even Port with Boak.

We don't .

I also dont think Campo is that great either. I would move him on too.

But the problem is far greater than one coach. As I said earlier we have not drafted an elite mid since 2007.

Some things I've heard:
  • Brad Crouch's manager has been shopping him around to gauge his value after playing the whole season and proving his body is up to it. Brad happy to stay at Crows and would prefer to stay so manager pushing for a higher contract renewal. Will not be requesting a trade, but is open to the idea if the Crows suggest it.
  • Apparently there are some interesting "clauses" in Pyke's contract that explain his short term approach to team selection and constant talk of making finals being the only goal. Makes sense given the clubs history with removing coaches after 2 failed seasons.
  • The talk about Fogarty wanting out is made-up media crap. He knows there will be good opportunities for him here in the future with our aging forwards. Has a contract and will be here long term. Club open to offering a long term deal next year.
  • Jenkins open to a trade, but all about the $$$. Will not leave for less money. Gold Coast the likely destination.
Thanks.

The Jenkins issue in general is interesting. He is contracted to us and so why would he leave for less. Trading him out will boil down to whoever is prepared to take on that salary.

This will have bearing on his trade value. I suspect dumping his salary will be more important to us than holding out for a better trade deal.

Some things I've heard:
If you heard Eddie this morning he was honest in how managers work. He was being shopped around without any direction from him.

They shop most player around. It is in the managers interest to have a player move clubs. They make more money that way.

No doubt Brad Crouch was shopped around. So would 80% of the players 8n the comp.

The Pyke clause makes sense given our history if not keeping coaches after two years out of the eight.

Which in itself is a negative policy given our age profile and the theory of bottoming out for draft picks

Some things I've heard:

The Part about Fog wanting out is crap, the part about him being unhappy is not. He also knows he is contracted. He just wants to play footy at the highest level.

I think we should let him.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

So how do we know Ben Hart is a s**t coach.

He is operating under the same issues Francou had. Tex is obviously struggling physically, Eddie is two years older than he was under Teague.

Jenkins being Jenkins.

No Gov or Cameron as Francou had.

You have been pretty vocal about how bad Ben Hart is and was a boys club appointment. Why do you think he is no good as our forward coach given Francou had the same issues and yet you assume he was good?

Have you heard Ben Hart speak...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back