News 2019 Rumour File - discuss rumours here!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think that's 100% correct. It must be a guideline or there must be caveats because I heard Hart say after that that he still doesn't know but is hopeful and on one of the footy shows they mentioned most assistants would know there fate by now.

It's an informal deadline.

AFLCA chief executive Mark Brayshaw said it was a nervous time for assistant coaches.

"Our message to the coach is, if you haven't got a commitment by August 1, you should should assume you are not going to be employed by that club and start planning life after it," he said.

Brayshaw said clubs were "pretty good" in how they handled this period.

"They respect the fact coaches are three months off not getting paid anymore and they have a family to look after. I think it's really good - it's an informal deadline, it's not a contractual thing. It's a very mature, respectful process that they all go through," he said.

Some things I've heard:
  • Brad Crouch's manager has been shopping him around to gauge his value after playing the whole season and proving his body is up to it. Brad happy to stay at Crows and would prefer to stay so manager pushing for a higher contract renewal. Will not be requesting a trade, but is open to the idea if the Crows suggest it.
  • Apparently there are some interesting "clauses" in Pyke's contract that explain his short term approach to team selection and constant talk of making finals being the only goal. Makes sense given the clubs history with removing coaches after 2 failed seasons.
  • The talk about Fogarty wanting out is made-up media crap. He knows there will be good opportunities for him here in the future with our aging forwards. Has a contract and will be here long term. Club open to offering a long term deal next year.
  • MacKay has signed a 1 year extension, will be announced soon.
  • Jenkins open to a trade, but all about the $$$. Will not leave for less money. Gold Coast the likely destination.

1,2,3 and 5 are all pretty well assumed.

And 4? Well. In reality that’s probably paying 1.01 at the bigfooty tab.

Going to be announced as our new coach this week, most likely tomorrow.

Camporale?
Some things I've heard:
  • Brad Crouch's manager has been shopping him around to gauge his value after playing the whole season and proving his body is up to it. Brad happy to stay at Crows and would prefer to stay so manager pushing for a higher contract renewal. Will not be requesting a trade, but is open to the idea if the Crows suggest it.
  • Apparently there are some interesting "clauses" in Pyke's contract that explain his short term approach to team selection and constant talk of making finals being the only goal. Makes sense given the clubs history with removing coaches after 2 failed seasons.
  • The talk about Fogarty wanting out is made-up media crap. He knows there will be good opportunities for him here in the future with our aging forwards. Has a contract and will be here long term. Club open to offering a long term deal next year.
  • MacKay has signed a 1 year extension, will be announced soon.
  • Jenkins open to a trade, but all about the $$$. Will not leave for less money. Gold Coast the likely destination.
This is what I mean by conservative and incompetent. Why wait until next year to offer Fog a long term contract. Do it NOW.

Camporale?
This is what I mean by conservative and incompetent. Why wait until next year to offer Fog a long term contract. Do it NOW.
Also might be cheaper to do it now, you could do 5 years at 650K instead of 5 years and 800K at the end of next season, you know Vic clubs will be circling will Million dollar a season contracts.

You wish! Teaguey.
So much for no one with training wheels, I think you guys are going too early on this. You've been starved of wins so long that you've seen a couple and think this guy is the messiah. You were always going to improve a bit, silly not to wait till the end of the season and do a full on search for the right guy.

So much for no one with training wheels, I think you guys are going too early on this. You've been starved of wins so long that you've seen a couple and think this guy is the messiah. You were always going to improve a bit, silly not to wait till the end of the season and do a full on search for the right guy.

Disagree, i think we've already been searching for 3 months now and have come to the conclusion teague is the man once Clarkson turned us down and Voss tanked his interview. Also looking through history, it's not common for a caretaker to take a basket-case at 1-10 to then win 5 of 9 and be playing much better footy. But that's not the point of this thread.

Back to rumours:
According to one of our best ITK's, the Betts to Carlton rumours are just that. Probably just based on the romantic notion of it and the fact Carlton need small forwards. Apparently we have no serious interest, at least as a player. This poster told our board on Monday that Teague was about to be made official.

Last edited:
Camporale?
Most likely fog. I wouldnt sign a contract now. He should back himself in and sign a contract after he has kicked 3 or 4 goals a game for at least 15 games. Would be the advice i would be giving him. From a supporters point of view I would like him tied up long term. He is also waiting for Jenkins to leave which will give him more bargaining power.

Last edited:
Most likely fog. I wouldnt sign a contract now. He should back himself in and sign a contract after he has kicked 3 or 4 goals a game for at least 15 games. Would be the advice i would be giving him if i advising him. From a supporters point of view I would like him tied up long term. He is also waiting for Jenkins to leave which will give him more bargaining power.
He's got 2 more years left on his current deal, I don't think any manager would advise him to sign another deal at the moment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Trigg was the scapegoat not the problem. He kept quiet to save others' arses. No angel but not the devil either, unlike the one(s) who set up the dodgy scheme to keep Tippet at the club.
Trigg was a significant part of the problem.

It all happened under his watch as CEO.

Further, we accepted harsher sanctions to reduce Trigg's penalty. How stupid were the club who should have put his head on the platter & minimised the damage for the club.

So Joshy Jenkins is currently in Melbourne, insta story posted a little while ago going through a Macca's drive through in Southbank with some pissed mates

Obviously doing the rounds at the moment

Edit - disregard. Looks like a happy birthday post that isn't current

Last edited:
So Joshy Jenkins is currently in Melbourne, insta story posted a little while ago going through a Macca's drive through in Southbank with some pi**ed mates

Obviously doing the rounds at the moment
Insta stories aren’t necessarily current. 3 hours earlier he posted his daughter eating dinner. And right after the Macca’s one is a fishing one wishing the same bloke from the Macca’s one a happy 30th. Pretty safe to say they’re saved videos from the past of his mate posted on his birthday for maximum lols.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back