News 2019 Rumour File - discuss rumours here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 13, 2006
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
So how do we know Ben Hart is a s**t coach.

He is operating under the same issues Francou had. Tex is obviously struggling physically, Eddie is two years older than he was under Teague.

Jenkins being Jenkins.

No Gov or Cameron as Francou had.

You have been pretty vocal about how bad Ben Hart is and was a boys club appointment. Why do you think he is no good as our forward coach given Francou had the same issues and yet you assume he was good?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

So either all of our forwards have suddenly turned to s**t...

Or the structure and system is a mess, and none of them can perform within it.

Watching us play, it is pretty obvious what it is - we are a shambolic mess.

Forward line are both the problem and the victim though - how many inside 50s on the weekend?

Insta stories aren’t necessarily current. 3 hours earlier he posted his daughter eating dinner. And right after the Macca’s one is a fishing one wishing the same bloke from the Macca’s one a happy 30th. Pretty safe to say they’re saved videos from the past of his mate posted on his birthday for maximum lols.
Ahh you're right. I'll edit the post accordingly

Sep 19, 2007
The Pub
AFL Club
Adelaide
So either all of our forwards have suddenly turned to s**t...

Or the structure and system is a mess, and none of them can perform within it.

Watching us play, it is pretty obvious what it is - we are a shambolic mess.

Forward line are both the problem and the victim though - how many inside 50s on the weekend?

There are major issues structurally, one only needs to observe the regularity that we bomb it long to Lachie Murphy and if not him then Eddie Betts to understand this.

mattymac

Why no midfield crowz?
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2009
Yes
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
No
Disagree, i think we've already been searching for 3 months now and have come to the conclusion teague is the man once Clarkson turned us down and Voss tanked his interview. Also looking through history, it's not common for a caretaker to take a basket-case at 1-10 to then win 5 of 9 and be playing much better footy. But that's not the point of this thread.

Back to rumours:
According to one of our best ITK's, the Betts to Carlton rumours are just that. Probably just based on the romantic notion of it and the fact Carlton need small forwards. Apparently we have no serious interest, at least as a player. This poster told our board on Monday that Teague was about to be made official.
Voss tanked his interview?

Apsaalooke

Premiership Player
Sep 23, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, Ozark Mountain Daredevils
[/QUOTE]Trigg was a significant part of the problem.

It all happened under his watch as CEO.

Further, we accepted harsher sanctions to reduce Trigg's penalty. How stupid were the club who should have put his head on the platter & minimised the damage for the club.
[/QUOTE]

It’s like a Government Minister being ultimately responsible for the head of their department pulling a swifty. The architect of the scene often gets off lighter than his superior. Maybe Trigg should have done more and earlier but he wasn’t the architect, and it’s pretty hard to un-email an email. He and Reid both got equal sanctions of 6 months, Harper got just 2 months and Chappy came up smelling of roses. Reid had retired by then anyway so effectively got off scot free.

As for the harsher club sanctions as a trade off for their penalties, I agree completely. That really pissed me off.

Odog

Team Captain
May 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Don’t know if anyone of this is true but this is what I heard today, seems far fetched to me...

Brian Cunningham will be undertaking an external review of the Adelaide Football club, with Malcolm Blight as his assistant.

Pyke gone. Bassett to be head coach with Blight as mentor.

Jenkins gone.

Pyke didn’t want either of Mattner or Godden but they were still appointed as assistant coaches as they were cheap.

Jul 9, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Don’t know if anyone of this is true but this is what I heard today, seems far fetched to me...

Brian Cunningham will be undertaking an external review of the Adelaide Football club, with Malcolm Blight as his assistant.

Jenkins gone.

Pyke didn’t want either of Mattner or Godden but they were still appointed as assistant coaches as they were cheap.
Sounds way too good to be true.

Nov 1, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide

Jenkins gone.

Some could be true, but Bassett as coach with Blight as mentor is cloud cuckoo land stuff

Sep 8, 2008
Pacific Northwest
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, Seattle Seahawks

Jenkins gone.

I guess it could be true in the sense that, in true Yes Minister style, you never commission an independent review without first knowing what the final report is going to say.

Bazz_27

Club Legend
Sep 14, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
LFC,

Jenkins gone.

My feeling is that is not true. Solely because if an external review is to be completed and the outcome is already decides then that is extremely bad governance.... Nah that sounds about right for us actually 🤪

Oct 9, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC

Jenkins gone.

Not crack at you but the person doing the review also becomes an assistant?

Elite Crow

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide

Jenkins gone.

I’m sorry but that has to be the most out there rumours ever posted.

Malcolm Blight as an assistant? Can’t imagine he’d play second fiddle to anyone

The review hasn’t even commenced and we have outcomes? One includes the assistant becoming the mentor?

The last 2 I can believe

The Texan

Senior List
Oct 21, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
I’m sorry but that has to be the most out there rumours ever posted.

Malcolm Blight as an assistant? Can’t imagine he’d play second fiddle to anyone

The review hasn’t even commenced and we have outcomes? One includes the assistant becoming the mentor?

The last 2 I can believe

As an assistant to the reviewer.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Betts are off

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 28, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
I get that, Blight would want to lead it, not be an assistant. What’s he going to do? Make the coffees?
Taking it with a grain of salt, i'd say if their was any truth to this, Cunningham would look into the administration, while Blighty would look into the football department. Seems to be their respective strengths.

Jenkins gone.

The fact that it has Blighty in it, in 2 different roles no less, straight away makes it pretty clear it's rubbish.

the universal

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 20, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide

Jenkins gone.

I misread Brian Cunningham as Ken Cunningham and felt momentarily confused as to how that would work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back