Injury 2019 Saints Injuries

Remove this Banner Ad

Precautionary- has been complaining of back tightness.

Thanks for that. Better we put him “on ice” for a while, so to speak.
Do you think he could be ready for JLT 2?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Re CARLISLE OUT FOR YEAR

Not the end of the world. If he can spend 2019 getting better and refreshing the whole body he'll be a weapon in 2020 along with having saved his body 12 months. Might get extra year out of him when we need him.
can blood austin, clavarino AND brown is in great nic

I am excited about the chances being handed out
My thoughts also.

While it's disappointing regarding some of the injuries and a couple "under a cloud".....it also allows us to see how a few others may go in key positions.

Very disappointing re Jake the Snake but late last year/early this year....players from other clubs were going down frequently.....especially at the Bloos.

I remember thinking....we're not doing too bad in comparison....well....not quite.

Very early days tho.

We won't have Carlisle for while, Steven should be back for round 1, Hanners is a chance.

We will field a near strong team. Only doubts are Hanners and Longer, by round 2 we will have our best 22 without Carlisle only.
Don't think we will see Hanners til rnd 4- 6

Posted on Fox Footy yesterday, as you can see our medical staff have not been able to pull off any miracles and all injuries remain the same as two weeks ago.:think: Can see us going into round 1 with the same players injured & the return to playing as the same length of time. Shame on our medical staff:p
As for the team at FoxFooty, it’s good to see that they approached all AFL clubs for updates on their injured players, seriously any inferior reporter would have just cut & pasted the update from the AFL two weeks ago.:eek:

ST KILDA
Logan Austin (Shoulder) — Available
Jack Bytel (Back) — Season
Jake Carlisle (Back) — TBC
Oscar Clavarino (Ankle) — 6-8 weeks
Dan Hannebery (Hamstring) — 3-4 weeks
Max King (Knee) — 8-12 weeks
Doulton Langlands (Hamstring) — 3-6 weeks
Ben Long (Foot) — 1 week
Billy Longer (Hamstring) — 5-6 weeks
Daniel McKenzie (Heel) — Test
Lewis Pierce (concussion) — Test

Jack Steven (Mental health) — Indefinite

AFL INJURY LIST
Updated:
Tuesday, March 5

ST KILDA

Blake Acres Back Test
Nathan Brown Suspended Round 2
Jack Bytel Back Season
Jake Carlisle Back TBC
Oscar Clavarino Ankle 5-7 weeks
Dan Hannebery Hamstring 2-4 weeks
Max King Knee 8-12 weeks
Doulton Langlands Hamstring 2-4 weeks
Ben Long Foot Test
Billy Longer Hamstring 2-3 weeks
Daniel McKenzie Heel Test
Lewis Pierce Concussion Test
Jack Steven Mental health Indefinite

PS If Bytel is actually out for the season my understanding is that we can draft a replacement up until March 15. Has anyone heard if that's gong to happen?

https://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-10-04/afl-brings-in-midseason-rookie-draft-for-2019-

PPS - If we could, would you look at a mature ager like Haiden Schloithe/Marlion Pickett or go for a youngster who missed out on the draft? I'd go mature ager.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back