Injury 2019 Saints Injuries

Max the great

Premiership Player
Feb 22, 2019
AFL Club
St Kilda
I wouldn’t be surprised if we never see Steven pull on the Saints jumper again.

Like everyone, I’m hoping Jack gets himself sorted out. He may need a change of scenery for that to occur.

Along with Paddy & Robbo, that’s three players potentially finished at our club.
I wouldn't go that far just yet. Everything I've heard is how much he loves the club and the boys. Wants to be playing from all accounts but is struggling atm. Hopefully he is back sooner rather than later.

I'm still really happy with our depth.

Imagine if , in 2009 we'd have lost ....

Schneider : ( Lonie )
Kosi : ( Paddy )
Fisher : ( Carlisle )
Gilbert : ( Roberton )
Hayes : ( Steven )
Baker : ( Geary )
DalSanto : ( Hannebery )

Our depth back then would have been....
Dempster for Baker
Gwilt for Fisher
Armitage/Steven for Hayes/DalSanto
Um...Eddy for Kosi ( played as an extra defender or tagger naturally ).
maybe....Colm Begley for Gilbert

s**t we would have had to blood Tom Lynch to replace Schneider.

In a team that already had Raph, McQualter and Geary and Dawson.

Dec 4, 2000
The Bay
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
NO Saints LUFC
I would love to know where you read it as that's the first time iv heard that , anyone else read that article ?
Only been speculated on SM and here. If it was published somewhere the forum would be all over it

In better news good to see King near a game, Hanners not far off, and Carlisle, Geary and Bytel back in training.

At least three would be auto starters in the seniors

Only been speculated on SM and here. If it was published somewhere the forum would be all over it

In better news good to see King near a game, Hanners not far off, and Carlisle, Geary and Bytel back in training.

At least three would be auto starters in the seniors
See i knew you had it in you , great to see Bytel running , he may turn out to be such a steal .
Yep i think old mate made up the bit about read somewhere

Keg on legs

Cancelled
10k Posts St Kilda - Doulton Langlands Player Sponsor 2020 St Kilda - Robbie Young Player Sponsor 2019 St Kilda - Nathan Freeman Player Sponsor 2017
Oct 5, 2014
The beer fridge
AFL Club
St Kilda
Any updates on hanners and snake would be appreciated.

I read hanners is stepping things up. Hopefully no awareness this time around

Also read snake is ahead of schedule, any timelines?

KingJim

Team Captain
Aug 31, 2011
Toowoomba
AFL Club
St Kilda
I find the Hanners scenario quite agitating. Were they aware of his issues when they recruited him? Did the club expect him to be playing by now or what timeframe was in mind. Is there any info available on progress? Can't rush these things I know, but the club has a history of recruiting some good players and not getting to use them effectively.

saintspremiers

Senior List
Aug 14, 2006
AFL Club
St Kilda
I find the Hanners scenario quite agitating. Were they aware of his issues when they recruited him? Did the club expect him to be playing by now or what timeframe was in mind. Is there any info available on progress? Can't rush these things I know, but the club has a history of recruiting some good players and not getting to use them effectively.

They appear to say they didn’t think it was this bad.

Reality is that Hanners old man and Lethers are good mates and that made the deal much easier to pull off. The 5 year contract also helped, as did Sydney’s willingness to let him go.

The planets aligned perfectly and we got our Big Fish, albeit with a damaged tailfin.

When you are as desperate as us to get “someone” of note, you simply have to take desperate measures.

I’ve given up on Hanners having much real impact this year. I hope he plays 3 or 4 senior games this year.

The big hope is he comes good in 2020, and takes his leadership and imparts that onto the others around him.

IF the club by doing all this can prove we are not a basket case then maybe, just maybe, free agents and other top players looking at moving clubs may consider us!

The other biggie is Bassat. He runs SEEK and can hopefully find a role on the side for any future guns ala the shonky Sheil deal at Essendope and Juddy at Carlscum.

Keg on legs

Cancelled
10k Posts St Kilda - Doulton Langlands Player Sponsor 2020 St Kilda - Robbie Young Player Sponsor 2019 St Kilda - Nathan Freeman Player Sponsor 2017
Oct 5, 2014
The beer fridge
AFL Club
St Kilda
I thought I'd throw together a team of our injured players. I went off the AFL list, so some (eg Pierce) may not ne 100% up to date, but makes an interesting read..

Gears Austin Robbo

Clav Snake Webster (TBC)

XXX Hanners Langlands

XXX Paddy XXX

Lonie King XXX

Pierce Stuv Bytel

It's actually not a bad team. No wonder we are feeling the pinch!!!

Last edited:

Human Person

Custom title
Sep 26, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
E209F0E7-3F05-49DE-87E3-951A425CC905.jpeg

Keg on legs

Cancelled
Oct 5, 2014
The beer fridge
AFL Club
St Kilda
Apparently Webster now to miss several weeks with a wrist injury...?

In that case... updated the injury team above

Starting to look better than our actual team

I thought I'd throw together a team of our injured players. I went off the AFL list, so some (eg Pierce) may not ne 100% up to date, but makes an interesting read..

Gears Austin Robbo

Clav Snake Webster (TBC)

XXX Hanners Langlands

XXX Paddy XXX

Lonie King XXX

Pierce Stuv Bytel

It's actually not a bad team. No wonder we are feeling the pinch!!!
Armo's broken back

Back