VFL 2019 Sandringham Zebras

mightymalaka

What we have here is a failure to communicate!
May 7, 2018
Road to Nowhere
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Manchester United
The big difference here is their system compared to ours! They make ball use and skill a priority!
We just focus on effort and pressure but cannot find a target to save our lives!
Sorry to say, but we just look plain amateurish even for an undermanned VFL team!

How come Dunstan can kick to a lead like that in the 2's but as soon as he gets to seniors his go to is a bomb?
I'm guessing you haven't seen his other forward 50 entries today. Trust me, it's the same as the AFL

geelong sajnt

All Australian
Jan 7, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
Very undermanned team against the defending champions. Our defence is lead by marsh but missing Austin and clav.

Interesting role for coffield. Playing the Geary role, off the back of the square at the extra in the midfield. Would like him to attack the ball and take on the tackle a little more. Looks a little off but they are giving him the position to improve his game and take it to the next level. Will be more the quality not quantity that will judge him short term.

Longer looks unfit and out of form. Long way from AFL. Enough said.

Dunstan is slow, it's just life. Long term he could be a backup to the inside midfielders as depth.

Hind, wow has improved out of sight. Gone from a fast hbf to a pure mid. Might not win his share of ball but a link midfielder we need going forward. Would like to see him in our midfield rotation as soon as next week. The stats are awesome, the running and midfield running patterns better.

I like young, exciting to have him pressuring parker, Lonnie etc. Has added pressure to his goal kicking game

This sandy team will be 100% better in 4-6 weeks when the injured come back.

mightymalaka

What we have here is a failure to communicate!
May 7, 2018
Road to Nowhere
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Manchester United
I'm guessing you haven't seen his other forward 50 entries today. Trust me, it's the same as the AFL
Absolute rubbish! Even when he gets 37 to dispel the crap that he can't run out a game! There are still mindless critics who just like to pot him
To make themselves sound like they have any clue when talking about footy!
He was very good today for a guy who must have been crushed to have been scapegoated the way he was!

Ganglands looking good too.
Doulton played well and linked up as did Young clearly both in best for Sandy.

Hind almost bog must be close to getting a call up.

Dunstan bit above meh for me. Still butchers as many as he gets right. Is that acceptable for a mid fielder at AFL level? It's more a no from me than a yes.

Armo bit meh for me.

Longer bit meh for me.

Phillips a bit above meh...but nothing special about today.

Rice was okay for me as he competed hard and was a contested target up forward. Not sure that is a role he is used to in senior footy.

Rowe not even up to being meh.

Coffield did some nice things but I didnt sense a hunger from him. Needs to show that before he is considered for senior selection.

Marsh looks okay has speed and size just needs more games. likely type.

About the game. Box Hill too much polish and skillful against a committed Sandy with too many top up players that turned the ball over too often.
Sandy had no tall forward options and it showed.

Bring that effort every week and we finish around mid table. Get some quality back into the side and you never know.

Put White Clav Paton and a couple of others and we look a lot better.

Go Saints or is it Sandy

Back