VFL 2019 Sandringham Zebras

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought longer and marsh. And I’m not a fan of either. Clark was good as was white.
Yeh both were good, Longer won pretty much every tap but went to Collingwood players more than ours. He was huge in the last quarter though.
Marsh was excellent. Strong marking and then used his speed to take off. Just thought Clark and White were a step above.

Happy with gresh forward. Doubt Paton plays wing. If he isn’t good enough at hb then drop him for white. Who plays middle for gresh though. It’s not like that’s our strong suit. It’s the reason we probably haven’t won lately.
I don’t mind Paton, I think he’s shown quite a bit so I’m happy to keep him in the side.

Yeah the middle is our weakness personally I think it’s time to mix it up a bit, try McKenzie with his pace and engine in the middle. Let him tag one of Pies guns, we’re way too conservative for a side in our position imo. We have too many of these guys pigeonholed without ever giving them a chance elsewhere.

Hopefully next time he gets a gig in the seniors it's not as a forward.
He is way too good for VFL , Maybe he can take over from Brown next year , with his pace i think he could easily play on taller guys , if Liam Jones can do it , no reason Marsh cant

I don’t mind Paton, I think he’s shown quite a bit so I’m happy to keep him in the side.

Yeah the middle is our weakness personally I think it’s time to mix it up a bit, try McKenzie with his pace and engine in the middle. Let him tag one of Pies guns, we’re way too conservative for a side in our position imo. We have too many of these guys pigeonholed without ever giving them a chance elsewhere.

We play as many through the middle as most sides. McKenzie doesn’t even slightly strike me as a mid. If we pigeonholed players than why are battle and Paton playing back this season.

We play as many through the middle as most sides. McKenzie doesn’t even slightly strike me as a mid. If we pigeonholed players than why are battle and Paton playing back this season.
Their both kids and you know the club had a heads up about Carlisle so battle was training with the backs.

Mackenzie is another geary, hard, courageous and with a massive engine to me that screams mid. Geary is a very good lock down player, why not McKenzie. I understand their disposal isn’t first rate but you have to find it first, I’m happy to give him an opportunity.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Their both kids and you know the club had a heads up about Carlisle so battle was training with the backs.

Mackenzie is another geary, hard, courageous and with a massive engine to me that screams mid. Geary is a very good lock down player, why not McKenzie. I understand their disposal isn’t first rate but you have to find it first, I’m happy to give him an opportunity.
I don’t want to be rude but he has no hope of playing on ball. He is a straight ahead runner. Doesn’t seem to have the movement of a mid

Careers on the line for Billy. Really interested to see if he steps up over the coming weeks. Sounds like today was a decent start.
Id say he was up against a no body today, the bloke had the chance to run through some guy right in front of me and instead tried to scare him with some Boo , OMG

I don’t want to be rude but he has no hope of playing on ball. He is a straight ahead runner. Doesn’t seem to have the movement of a mid
Probably not but he has played wing in the past, give acres more time in the mids etc.

What I’m not doing is playing a man down for the third straight week and rewarding a guy who has given us nothing in back to back games. Long needs a decent spell at sandy and this time he needs to earn a recall by standing out, which wasn’t the case earlier in the year.

A very interesting article Martellus Bennett talking about coach Belichick paying out on Tom Brady and how that equality played out in team dynamics.

Yeah OK - let's play Marshall against Grundy - his extra 5 or 10 possessions will counteract losing every hitout which only give's the Pies mids first use all day.

Didn't cause a problem at all yesterday with the WC midfield.

Yeah OK - let's play Marshall against Grundy - his extra 5 or 10 possessions will counteract losing every hitout which only give's the Pies mids first use all day.

Didn't cause a problem at all yesterday with the WC midfield.
Broke level in the middle. Not as good at stoppage clearances but when did hit outs equate to clearances? They don’t. Maybe having our best mid out might have hurt us just a little. Longer for marshall. That’s funny. Forget that he has been great all year. Who has more hope of running with Grundy? Marshall or longer? Yes you are right. Stupid question

Broke level in the middle. Not as good at stoppage clearances but when did hit outs equate to clearances? They don’t. Maybe having our best mid out might have hurt us just a little. Longer for marshall. That’s funny. Forget that he has been great all year. Who has more hope of running with Grundy? Marshall or longer? Yes you are right. Stupid question
you can have one helluva conversation with yourself Pluggs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back