VFL 2019 Sandringham Zebras

Remove this Banner Ad

Just regarding the whole Sandy alignment thing - we are the only club in Victoria that does not have ANY part of our name in the VFL affiliate.

Carlton = Northern Blues
Colliingwood
Essendon
Geelong
Hawthorn = Box Hill Hawks
Melbourne = Casey Demons
North melbourne
Richmond
Western Bulldogs
St Kilda = Sandringham Dragons :think:

I don't think it would help us in any way but I just find that interesting.

Doulton Langlands
20 disposals, three marks, one goal

“He just keeps improving the right way, Doults. He’s a product of hard work and we really like the way he’s going. His wing roles are really strong for us with his patterns, but his inside work is really good and as good as any out there. We threw him the middle when Hanners came off in the fourth. We’ve just got to be able to keep skilling him up in that area with all his different positions within the ground, but I thought his stuff inside was solid and his outside run and shape as a winger was really positive.”

Jack Mayo
11 disposals, seven marks, one goal

“Early days, but we liked what we saw. It’s been a busy week for Jack; he was on the bird on Monday and then training Tuesday, Thursday and Friday, so it was always [going to be] a challenge implementing him into the group. But I thought he moved well, his forward craft and his decision-making seemed quite good. A fair bit to work with for Jack in terms of what he’s got, and he’ll keep developing in the right way hopefully, but good signs. He can mark it at the highest point, his ability to get to the outlet and get to the exits help, and he seems to have a presence at ground level through his repeat speed, so he seems to have some good attributes that are going to enable him to play some good footy.”

Just regarding the whole Sandy alignment thing - we are the only club in Victoria that does not have ANY part of our name in the VFL affiliate.

Carlton = Northern Blues
Colliingwood
Essendon
Geelong
Hawthorn = Box Hill Hawks
Melbourne = Casey Demons
North melbourne
Richmond
Western Bulldogs
St Kilda = Sandringham Dragons :think:

I don't think it would help us in any way but I just find that interesting.

Sandringham zebras.

FEEL THE ZEAL

So other clubs must have been rushing for him during the mid-year draft..... No?

2010: Tom Lynch 2nd Season. Played 1 game HBF.
Luke Miles 2 games ... End of career.
Mark Hutchings Not played. ( Because couldn't play HBF ).

Then there was his fast-track development of Armitage and Steven.

I think Freeman was injured just at the worst possible time. Had been starring early at Franggers.

Literally an eight point game this weekend against Werribee.
Both teams 5-3 with Werribee having the better percentage (40+).
Big game at TBO.
Sandringham bolstered by the return of four of the travellers to China, Ming, Hanners and, it would appear, Big Jake.

Hold up a second. Did you just say that Carlisle might play VFL this weekend?

Literally an eight point game this weekend against Werribee.
Both teams 5-3 with Werribee having the better percentage (40+).
Big game at TBO.
Sandringham bolstered by the return of four of the travellers to China, Ming, Hanners and, it would appear, Big Jake.
Ming? What happened to Winx?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Winx is so 2018.
Ming, so if his brother joins us we have Ming and Bing.

Sounds like a Chinese dynasty ( not that I have anything against the Chinese I hasten to add.)

Much prefer Winx. One of a kind.

So we could potentially have Hanners, King, Stuv and Carlisle all playing 2s? Doubt it’ll happen but my god that’d create some movement downstairs.

I doubt it because everyone will just about be in the ones before jack is ready to play anywhere
He’s returned to training apparently. Be interesting to see how he goes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back