VFL 2019 Sandringham Zebras

Remove this Banner Ad

Is it just me or is Sandringham a pathetic rabble that accurately mirrors the senior side? Long bombs to opposition inside attacking fifty. No direction, system and appalling skills. If this is an indication of the future, then god help us.

There's nothing there apart from Lonie. 8 goals down to the second bottom team half way through the third quarter. This in a game where a win would've seen us out of the eight on percentage only.

Don't forget to take Hamill with you when you leave, Cho. Absolutely disgraceful performance.

I just love how Lonie has gone from (trade bait) zero to hero.
Good for the kid. He was really becoming the barometer of the side.
We’ve really missed him.

Is it just me or is Sandringham a pathetic rabble that accurately mirrors the senior side? Long bombs to opposition inside attacking fifty. No direction, system and appalling skills. If this is an indication of the future, then god help us.

There's nothing there apart from Lonie. 8 goals down to the second bottom team half way through the third quarter. This in a game where a win would've seen us out of the eight on percentage only.

Don't forget to take Hamill with you when you leave, Cho. Absolutely disgraceful performance.
The zebra's don't have a forward line and it shows.
It's not a coincidence their best form coincided when King was in the team and they had someone to kick it to.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

North with 37 inside-50's for 26 scoring shots WTF!?
Marsh tries hard but has real flaws and is undersized, Joyce is a liability 1v1 and gets goals kicked on him too easily, and Clav has probably been the worst performed St.Kilda listed player two years in a row (well actually him or Pierce definitely have been but I was trying to be nice). Also Rice has played forward all year because we are determined to kill his career, and 'White forward' is the VFL version of 'Carlisle forward' which causes the floodgates to open.

Now I am sure everyone will blame the midfield. That is what most on this forum seem to blame everything on

But at this stage Sandy have had 5 more I50s (we have 46 I50s for 12 shots. They have 41 for 28 shots).

But yeah. Its always the midfields fault ...

Edit: finished with 7 more I50s and got done by 10 goals. Outside of Lonie and White in patches, and Rice trying his guts out, nothing to see here today regarding the ones next week.

Last edited:

Maybe that suggests it’s the ability of players. I know we all hope it the coaches but I just see ordinary footballers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back