VFL 2019 Sandringham Zebras

Remove this Banner Ad

Sandringham
Goal Kickers: R. Carroll 3, D. Joyce 3, J. Mayo 3, K. Owens 2, T. Thompson, C. Jones, B. Paton, J. Marsh, B. Rice

Best Players: E. Phillips, J. Marsh, O. Clavarino, B. Rice, B. White, R. Carroll

OClav in the best 2 weeks running

May have another tall back coming through
Someone was saying Clavarino was a bad selection in the Trade thread only in the last 24 hours. Thought he'd been shaping well pre-season until his injury. Good to see he's making headway again.

Someone was saying Clavarino was a bad selection in the Trade thread only in the last 24 hours. Thought he'd been shaping well pre-season until his injury. Good to see he's making headway again.
Some people on the trade thread expect too much from 20 year olds working their way back from injury. Wasn't Battle a write off until this season?

Some people on the trade thread expect too much from 20 year olds working their way back from injury. Wasn't Battle a write off until this season?
Not to mention most big blokes take a bit longer to mature , some strength work over the summer and i think he will surprise quiet a few

Thing with Clav is I see him as another intercepting backman, so with him, Wilkie, Carlisle & Robbo if he gets back, that’s way too many backmen playing that style of role. So maybe a Carlisle trade while he has currency is not a bad idea.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You know that for a fact do you
If I can jump in Cap’n.
Clav was voted BOG last week with 13 possessions, 2 marks and 2 tackles.
I believe his Nonna was doing the votes, or maybe the same person who gave Long BOG’s at Sandringham this year on a similar output.
No idea what his stats say about his performance yesterday.
To my eye, because that’s all we can go on given the disparity between game stats and BOG voting, his performance this year has been underwhelming.
I understand he was injured early in the year but he’s had, what, 12 games?
His performance in any of them is at average VFL level.
He’d need to improve considerably over summer to warrant a contract beyond 2020.
I hope I’m wrong but that’s how I see him.

If I can jump in Cap’n.
I believe his Nonna was doing the votes, or maybe the same person who gave Long BOG’s at Sandringham this year on a similar output.
To my eye, because that’s all we can go on given the disparity between game stats and BOG voting, his performance this year has been underwhelming.
He’d need to improve considerably over summer to warrant a contract beyond 2020.
Fair enough but i think you will find he had 4 marks not 2 in that game :thumbsu:

If I can jump in Cap’n.

Just a question sunny3193 on top of those stats, how many spoils did he rack up? Serious question, I’m not disputing you am just a bit inquisitive, because if say he punched the ball clear 5 or 6 times or more, in my eyes that is as good as a possesion.

Just a question sunny3193 on top of those stats, how many spoils did he rack up? Serious question, I’m not disputing you am just a bit inquisitive, because if say he punched the ball clear 5 or 6 times or more, in my eyes that is as good as a possesion.
No idea from the stats unfortunately.
I have seen him spoil to good effect.
I will give you that.

j225Mtw.png

WcpF2oN.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back