2nds 2019 SANFL Grand Final- Port Adelaide v Glenelg 3pm Sunday 22/9

Remove this Banner Ad

It might not just be the snaffle you know.

The umpires did absolutely everything in their power to get Williamstown over the line against VFL Richmond today. I don’t watch a lot of snanful but it was some of the worst most blatant cheating by umpires I’ve ever seen.

We had more players aiming to be Jack Oatey medallists and not enough wanting to be premiership players. Tobin Cox, you need to learn when to fly and when to rove; when to give to a team-mate in a better position, and when to try the miracle snap. Marshall and Frampton were virtually joined at the hip when in the forward line - both flew at every ball, neither wanted to do the team thing and block. Garner has a nasty habit of running through opponents heads instead of being controlled. Atley will not make it, skills are horrific. Hayes is next to useless when the ball hits the ground, Lienert is a hack-kicker. Farrell is a good kick and nothing else.

I swear, handpass to the bootlaces is endemic in this club. The honeypot effect was evident all day, again - will we ever learn to trust our team-mates and to keep a predictable shape around contests.

I was happy with Trengove, showed good courage and some calmness under pressure. I thought Sutcliffe was our best, did everything to lift the team; and Ladhams was acceptable despite being murdered.

Watching the AFL finals - Marshall is a long way behind Esava Ratogolea, for those posters who wanted to compare them earlier in the year.
Ratugolea spent 20 games doing literally nothing while he was learning the game.

This is exactly what we're talking about when we say we want Marshall to be given a run. It takes time. Ratugolea has been backed in like no developing KPF for us in the Hinkley era

well i know ryder and jonas and charlie were there i saw them

The two old ducks I was talking to in the clubroms blanked me when they saw Charlie, lol.

They ditched me for Adrian Settre.

Adrian. F@%king. Settre.

But then Timmy G saw my jacket and dragged me over to the old players and introduced me to them, including Arnie.

Rohan Smith undressed me to reveal the woollen knitted Magpies jumper I was wearing underneath: flashback to the Crazy Horse, 1996, when I won a lap dance with Miss Nude SA and blew in my paints and had to dump my jizz-filled undies in the toilets.

Every past player was outraged by what George charged me back in 1994 - $160.

So Timmy bought be a beer.

Look, I’m sh!t at maths but I reckon the club owes me a $50 voucher at least...

Bloody frustrated when we lose by 4 goals and not one player plays to their potential and when we do have the ball in the second quarter the forward entries are comical.
The lack of pace in that side also is frightening.
2017 GF 3/4 time we have 3 goals !
2019 GF 3/4 time we have 5 goals !
The way we play is absolute negative crap !!

I expect SANFL's finest are already planning how they can do something for South Adelaide in 2020, just one remaining fairy tale to be told...
Thats what the AFL have done over the last few years... bulldogs.. richmond... gws

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

Bloody frustrated when we lose by 4 goals and not one player plays to their potential and when we do have the ball in the second quarter the forward entries are comical.
The lack of pace in that side also is frightening.
2017 GF 3/4 time we have 3 goals !
2019 GF 3/4 time we have 5 goals !
The way we play is absolute negative crap !!
Sack Ken Hinkley

I expect SANFL's finest are already planning how they can do something for South Adelaide in 2020, just one remaining fairy tale to be told...
Also...

Southern suburbs are probably the booming area for growth etc so a successful panthers would be huge for the sanfl

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That Hinkley game plan sure stands up under pressure.

Thanks Ken for turning my club into everything I used to laugh at.

And thanks to the fat campaigner threatening to fight my 14 year old son.

Great day all round.

Just arrived home. What a fitting end to this year.

✔ Sense it is game over within the first few minutes.
✔ Another goalless first quarter.
✔ No discernible midfield structure.
✔ No discernible forward structure.
✔ Key forward shifted to key defensive role.
✔ Big loss to a lesser club in a key match.

Post your sad reacts and lol's, Port Powerpie fans!

“We’re sick of losing... the big games.”
- Keith Thomas, Port FC big dog, 8.pm approx, Sep 22, 2019.

Line in the sand and sh!t.

Maybe?

Just arrived home. What a fitting end to this year.

✔ Sense it is game over within the first few minutes.
✔ Another goalless first quarter.
✔ No discernible midfield structure.
✔ No discernible forward structure.
✔ Key forward shifted to key defensive role.
✔ Big loss to a lesser club in a key match.

Post your sad reacts and lol's, Port Powerpie fans!
A perfect bookend for the season really.

I am pretty livid about this, but we lost to the minor premier who had already beaten us convincingly 2 out of 3 times prior this season and our win was by 4 points.

I'm really only livid because it's ******* Glenelg. I could cop it against Sturt or Norwood.

2019, more history in the making.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

“We’re sick of losing... the big games.”
- Keith Thomas, Port FC big dog, 8.pm approx, Sep 22, 2019.

Line in the sand and sh!t.

Maybe?
Yes so are we Keith

Thankfully we still have Ken Hinkley in charge- that guy has steeled us for big wins in the future- I just know it!!!

One day the bombing forward aimlessly, scoreless quarters and looking meek and helpless will pay off.

On the drive home, one of the radio stations was talking about how South need to end their drought. It might be at our expense.

I don’t know why anyone thought we would win. Glenelg have so much more to play for, our last couple of players are way off the pace, umpires etc.

Definitely a disappointing result though. I wish Johnson hadn’t been suspended he could have made a difference. Disappointing that Billy missed so many shots as well.

Sutcliffe’s a legend IMO.

Every time this club has an opportunity ahead of it, no matter what level, they fail to turn up. Every single time.
We won 6 in a row in the SANFL before that game, including 2 finals.
I'm not sure you can directly compare the AFL inconsistencies in that space with that of the SANFL, although it does have that all too familar Hinkley stench about it. 🤮

Remove this Banner Ad

Back