2nds 2019 SANFL Grand Final- Port Adelaide v Glenelg 3pm Sunday 22/9

Remove this Banner Ad

We need a proper Magpies team with all our zones if we are to get back to the Port of old. If only we could afford that as well as sending our own players off to an AFL reserves comp. Money is our issue and lack of it is holding us back in every way. I doubt we can even afford an AFLW team. Someone at the top has to go.
There's that, and no doubt you are correct.

Also the conditions we have to supplement our SANFL list tie a hand behind our back. We can't compete to get decent players into the Maggies like Glenelg and the rest can. We have to rely on youth developing, having a relatively good run in the AFL with injuries then we add the likes of Thomas, Trengove to our senior list to compete in the SANFL.

The sooner we are out of that comp all together the better the club will be.

Until the club is handed back to the fans you’ll continue getting the same suits peddling the same sanitised lines and pushing the same SANFL/AFL agenda.

I never thought I’d find myself saying this but I miss the Port Adelaide of my youth when the SANFL actually meant something. I miss the days travelling out to Alberton and hating everything your club stood for, but at the same time hatefully respecting you and having some banter filled but meaningful conversations with true football people.

That no f*cks attitude your club exemplified so well has been replaced by an apathy and this pathetic ‘rivalry’ the powers that be at both the PAFC and AFC like to continuously talk up between the SA sides is just a cover up and a front for a system that’s heavily geared against the SA sides.

Sorry for the rant from a non-Port supporter but SA football as a whole is in enormous strife. Never been more disenfranchised with the game as a whole in my life.

It's the lack of hope that will bring us most undone. It's why a Magpies premiership was important, for supporters to at least hang something on the fact that young players had stood up on a big stage against a desperate opponent.

We could trade in Fyfe, Cripps and Dangerfield and I would give us no hope of finishing above 9th next year.
Our kern could get a Stradivarius sounding like a tin whistle......... he's that good
Luke Reynolds was an out n out port adelaide boy, played cricket for us too? He was and still is a player but while he was withering on the vine
we were pumping games into Jakey and Sammy. Our player management under croney kern is and has been a cancer.
Ken has no clothes when it all boils down to it. He is what he is and that is what he's given us, lazy comfortable mediocrity.

Maybe i'm jaundiced and full of bile but what we saw today was what we've seen for years. Instinct flair and smarts?........nah .
When push comes to shove and the oppo challenging we go all hardwired kern, hugging the boundary and pumping it to the pocket or
bombing it long. No playing-on, going corridor or lowering eyes. In other words we were a mess. A fumbling bumbling stumbling and embarrassing mess

There's something not right in the AS and in all things footyball the buck stops with our kern.
Today was a disgrace and yet revealing. This guy's got no clothes. Our coach Matty Lokan was 3yrs ago in charge at the Bay and they pulled our pants down that night with smart instinctive play-on organised footy. Sadly he's been Hinkley'ed and we are on our way to middle road oblivion at best,
missing finals but well aware of our station and careful not to rock any boats.

Urgh.

Here’s a pleasant rural scene to take your minds off things.

Greetings from Plitvitce Lakes, Croatia.

Travel tip: don’t mention the war ;)

IMG_0943.JPG

On iPhone using recycled electrons, via BigFooty.com mobile app

Until the club is handed back to the fans you’ll continue getting the same suits peddling the same sanitised lines and pushing the same SANFL/AFL agenda.

I never thought I’d find myself saying this but I miss the Port Adelaide of my youth when the SANFL actually meant something. I miss the days travelling out to Alberton and hating everything your club stood for, but at the same time hatefully respecting you and having some banter filled but meaningful conversations with true football people.

That no f*cks attitude your club exemplified so well has been replaced by an apathy and this pathetic ‘rivalry’ the powers that be at both the PAFC and AFC like to continuously talk up between the SA sides is just a cover up and a front for a system that’s heavily geared against the SA sides.

Sorry for the rant from a non-Port supporter but SA football as a whole is in enormous strife. Never been more disenfranchised with the game as a whole in my life.

I agree with all of this. The Port Adelaide you speak of, the one that a lot of us grew up to love, no longer exists.

Interesting hearing Phil Hoffman on the Sunday roast this morning talking about when we went for the second license to join the AFL and he was on our board we definitely didn't want a team in the sanfl. We were told they wouldn't sign us off to join unless we agreed to have the maggies in the local comp because they were worried about the huge impact of not having us might have spelt the death knell of them. Went onto say it's not the same magpies as it once was and we actually wanted to totally cut our ties to join the national comp. Basically we'd outgrown these Adel suburban clubs.

Was in town at the Apple store! Didn’t even know the teams were in until I saw olde Cornsey with a microphone in a blanket over his knees....

You sure it was a microphone? :p

Credit to Mark Stones comments towards Port Adelaide. In total contrast to Graham Cornes bitter words to the group in 92. Truly highlights what a w***er GC is.
Of course he's a w***er it's the only time he can make it with some-one he loves.
All I hope is that he's circumcised, otherwise there'd be no end of the prick.
He's a mixed up shrivelled up wart of a human who could only excel in our backyard here in lil' old Adelaide Town.
Onya Gra Gra your a monument to our short comings ya snivelling prick. Your fated beyond your means and deep down ya know it.

Oh n btw
give my best to Tony McGuinness.

“We’re sick of losing... the big games.”
- Keith Thomas, Port FC big dog, 8.pm approx, Sep 22, 2019.

Line in the sand and sh!t.

Maybe?

It's only talk until they do something.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not many guys playing today have good AFL careers in front of them. Ladhams, maybe Hayes. Marshall still has a little time but it's not looking good and the rest are either depth C graders at best or delist/trade if possible material.

Atley and Drew are worrying. The former looks miles off it, Drew looks like your classic big body who tries hard but doesn’t have the nous or skills to be anything more than a state league bully.

If McKenzie was auditioning for another year he failed.

Leinert, Mayes and them are warm bodies, nothing more.

Farrell, Cox and Woodcock never got going. Garner didn’t have his best day. Hayes is 12 months off, which isn’t a concern given Lycett/Ladhams is on deck and rating to go.

Frampton and Marshall played like a pair of forwards lacking 30-50 games of development for their age. Shocking for a pair of tallbois from Alberton, I know.

Other than that, not an awful lot to be inspired about given the club and its minions have been cramming this “fourth youngest list” bullsh¡t down our throats for the past year.

Two things:

First:
Average Grand Final attendances at Adelaide Oval
– 32,064 (Excluding Port Adelaide).
– 39,187 (Including Port Adelaide).
= +22%

Second: Under no circumstances should we remain in the SANFL IF the side we field is NOT our AFL reserves side. Absolute waste of time and resources to field three mens teams. I don't believe this is a genuine contemplation within our administration. I think it is in the best interests of SA football for there to be no national reserves (despite the NO AFL in the SANFL crowd) as it will deteriorate the standard of local football here. However if a national reserves does occur we absolutely must be in it and we cannot be running three mens teams.

Aside from everything else, the last touch rule is perhaps the dumbest rule ever and I can't believe it's lasted this long.

You could burst out of a centre clearance, go long to your leading forward, overcook it just a touch and have it dribble over the line 1m from the point post and for some reason it's a free kick against.

Obviously it was 100 times worse for the patented Ken Hinkley bomb the ball to nobody in the pockets, but it's a dumb rule regardless.

Going to the game you just knew we would lose. Supporting this club is like watching groundhog day on repeat but not in a good way

I'm going to quote myself yet again, should probably just make it my signature

Going to watch Port play is like opening Schrodinger's Box but the options are that either the cat has died, or it's shat itself then died.

Aside from everything else, the last touch rule is perhaps the dumbest rule ever and I can't believe it's lasted this long.

You could burst out of a centre clearance, go long to your leading forward, overcook it just a touch and have it dribble over the line 1m from the point post and for some reason it's a free kick against.

Obviously it was 100 times worse for the patented Ken Hinkley bomb the ball to nobody in the pockets, but it's a dumb rule regardless.

Arguably cost us the game in Q2. Absolutely dominated, and instead of getting a pocket boundary throw-in at a minimum, some random half-sash part-timer got to swan it out.

And we never adapted once.

Hinkley has hatched quite possibly the lowest footy-IQ squad of 40 in the history of the game.

The two old ducks I was talking to in the clubroms blanked me when they saw Charlie, lol.

They ditched me for Adrian Settre.

Adrian. F@%king. Settre.

But then Timmy G saw my jacket and dragged me over to the old players and introduced me to them, including Arnie.

Rohan Smith undressed me to reveal the woollen knitted Magpies jumper I was wearing underneath: flashback to the Crazy Horse, 1996, when I won a lap dance with Miss Nude SA and blew in my paints and had to dump my jizz-filled undies in the toilets.

Every past player was outraged by what George charged me back in 1994 - $160.

So Timmy bought be a beer.

Look, I’m sh!t at maths but I reckon the club owes me a $50 voucher at least...
lol ..

Last touch has no place outside of juniors where you cant get boundary umpires. Laughable to have it at a semi professional level.

Arguably cost us the game in Q2. Absolutely dominated, and instead of getting a pocket boundary throw-in at a minimum, some random half-sash part-timer got to swan it out.

And we never adapted once.

Hinkley has hatched quite possibly the lowest footy-IQ squad of 40 in the history of the game.
I lost my voice during that quarter lamenting* at the stupid league with that stupid rule and our stupid gameplay that undid itself every time.

I think it's finally broken me

Remove this Banner Ad

Back