Remove this Banner Ad

From afl.com.au & our forwards. Interested to see how Owies goes this year with his transition. Think we’ll be rotating midfielders through there, especially minus Pickett around Chas, McKay, McGovern and Fas. Bugg may surprise as a choice too & there’s Polson and Garlett (if not turned into a defender).
SPS, Fisher, Murph, Cripps, Kennedy, Setterfield, Walsh, LOB, Dow, Lang, Stocker, Cuningham all can have stints forward with impact.
Our reporters rate your club's backline http://m.afl.com.au/news/2018-12-29/who-has-the-best-defence-we-rank-every-club

C: Ed Curnow, Will Setterfield, Marc Murphy
HF: Sam Petrevski-Seton, Charlie Curnow, Paddy Dow
F: Mitch McGovern, Harry McKay, Alex Fasolo
FOLL: Matthew Kreuzer, Patrick Cripps, Zac Fisher
I/C: Matthew Kennedy, Tom Williamson, Dale Thomas, Sam Walsh

Forward depth: Jack Silvagni, Tom De Koning, Jarrod Garlett, Cam Polson, Patrick Kerr, Levi Casboult, Kym LeBois, Matt Owies, Finbar O'Dwyer, Tom Bugg, Jarrod Pickett*

Nice :thumbsu:

Watching training etc I have little doubt Bugg will play an important role up forward. Been impressive and really giving it his all. His hardness will really help and knows how to kick a goal.

Really is impossible to replace the quality of a Doc, especially like for like.

I can see Newman playing a fair bit down back and while he may not have the intercept qualities of Doc, he does have a neat left peg

The only positive I can see is opportunity. 2019 is about development of players and game plan so losing Doc now isn't as bad as losing him in 2020/21 when we are pushing for finals.

Opportunity now for players like Willo Garlett Cuningham Schumacher Newman to cement a spot in our best 22. Hope a few step up

Really is impossible to replace the quality of a Doc, especially like for like.

I can see Newman playing a fair bit down back and while he may not have the intercept qualities of Doc, he does have a neat left peg

The only positive I can see is opportunity. 2019 is about development of players and game plan so losing Doc now isn't as bad as losing him in 2020/21 when we are pushing for finals.

Opportunity now for players like Willo Garlett Cuningham Schumacher Newman to cement a spot in our best 22. Hope a few step up

Funnily enough … Goddard has great hands ….. and Helloboys ….. is a fairly good Rebound 50 player …...

Setters is going to go nuts for us and wreak consistent havoc alongside Crippa. He’ll be the best of our new recruits and start to dominate mid season. Breakout game will be against Bombers and he’ll tear Shiel to pieces..It’s gonna happen and will be sweet as. Thanks!

Setters is going to go nuts for us and wreak consistent havoc alongside Crippa. He’ll be the best of our new recruits and start to dominate mid season. Breakout game will be against Bombers and he’ll tear Shiel to pieces..It’s gonna happen and will be sweet as. Thanks!
liked for mongrel factor

I predict major psychological and emotional issues between 6am and midday tomorrow for bf tragics across the globe.

Not convinced. First they said Boxing Day, then they said 27th, now saying NYD. Sounds suspiciously like an Andy McKay injury report...1-2 weeks perhaps?

I think we will be like Brisbane last year, improvement all round but might not be reflected in wins. I see next year as rock bottom before a rapid improvement.

I think we will be like Brisbane last year, improvement all round but might not be reflected in wins. I see next year as rock bottom before a rapid improvement.

Possible. I always saw 2018 as our rock bottom but not as bad as what happened. I see us better than Brisbane because of depth and more potential elite players all over the ground.

I am more hopeful for 2019 because our young players we got at the start of this rebuild are now 4th years and ready and most have shown the talent to step up. McGovern Setterfield Bugg Newman will help enormously and with big pre seasons I expect SPS Kennedy Marchbank McKay Fisher Charlie etc to really step up

We will also be a lot lot fitter. No more 100 point losses

Injuries will be the key but I expect a lot of improvement on 2018.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ladder Position: 16th
Win-Loss Ratio: 6 wins
First Win: round 4 vs Suns
Best Win: round 15 vs Freo in WA
Best Mark: Mitch McGovern vs Collingwood
Best Goal: Dow
Best And Fairest: Cripps
Leading Goal Kicker(how many): Harry 44
Most Brownlow Votes: Cripps 23
2019 Hero: always cripps
2019 Villian: SPS will want out at the end of the year after an indifferent season. We don't get value for the trade.
Best Draftee(probs out of Walsh, Stocker or BSOS): Walsh
Best Traded in Player: Mitch McGovern although we will see signs of why Setterfield was rated so highly.
Players that will/could be in the All-Australian team: Cripps

McKay: 44
McGovern: 38
Charlie: 35
Fasolo: 27
Murphy: 17

wonder if bolts can survive another rock bottom?
It will be interesting to see how he copes if things start going south early.
I get the feeling that he's not necessarily the best equipped person to deal with stress and Carlton , traditionally, isn't what you'd describe a supportive environment particularly when things aren't going well..

The new admin appears to be addressing some of the support issues (R Walls) but they've also shown they'll move people on reasonably quickly if their performance is mediocre or below par. Trigg/Liddle, McKay/Lloyd and changes to the fitness people and AFLW structure point to that.

So if I was Bolts I'd be aiming for at least 5-6 wins minimum.

It will be interesting to see how he copes if things start going south early.
I get the feeling that he's not necessarily the best equipped person to deal with stress and Carlton , traditionally, isn't what you'd describe a supportive environment particularly when things aren't going well..

The new admin appears to be addressing some of the support issues (R Walls) but they've also shown they'll move people on reasonably quickly if their performance is mediocre or below par. Trigg/Liddle, McKay/Lloyd and changes to the fitness people and AFLW structure point to that.

I think the passmark passmark will be:
6 wins.
No more than 4 10 goal losses
Getting ourselves to the ton at least 3 times.

If we can tick these 3 things off it shows growth. Bring in 2 or 3 established talents at the end of 2019 and the again improvement and we are in for a big 2020.

Im predicting Bolts stays the course

I don’t think that will be an issue.

Other key criteria’s would be improvement in game plan, no more blow outs, couple of surprise wins and better scoring.

Also improvement in more players, ability for us to play a cohesive game style and be a more consistent side

I’m confident that will happen

Ladder Position: 13th
Win-Loss Ratio: 8 wins
First Win: Round 4 v GC Suns
Best Win: Round 8 v Collingwood
Best Mark: Charlie Curnow
Best Goal: Paddy Dow
Best And Fairest: Patrick Cripps
Leading Goal Kicker(how many): Harry McKay & Charlie Curnow with 37 each.
Most Brownlow Votes: Patrick Cripps
2019 Hero: SPS
2019 Villian: Jacob Weitering
Best Traded in Player: McGovern
Players that will/could be in the All-Australian team: Cripps, Simpson, C.Curnow

enlightened commentary:

"when's this setterfield bloke gonna show something? biggest bust of the trade period for mine"
"bolton first coach sacked in 2019 - his position now untenable, poll?"
"cripps a certainty to want off this sinking ship - could we get gaff or cerra coming back the other way?"
"**********!!!!"

Ladder Position: 13th
Win-Loss Ratio:8 - 14
First Win: Round 1
Best Win: Round 1
Best Mark: Charlie Curnow
Best Goal: Zac Fisher
Best And Fairest: Cripps
Leading Goal Kicker(how many): C.Curnow 53
Most Brownlow Votes: Cripps
2019 Hero: Fisher
2019 Villian: Casboult
Best Traded in Player: Mcgovern
Players that will/could be in the All-Australian team: Charlie Cripps Simmo

These next few are more about spercific players;
How many Goals will .... Kick in 2019?
* J.Silvagni 12
* Dow 14
* Murphy 18
* Kennedy 10
* Kreuzer 15
* Cripps 13
* McKay 31
* De Koning 10
* Lang 5
* Garlett 15
* Fisher 22
* Cuningham 19
* Polson 10
* C.Curnow 53
* Pickett 12
* Phillips 0
* E.Curnow 9
* Kerr 0
* Thomas 10
* McGovern 23
* Fasolo 29
* Setterfield 9
* Walsh 10
* B.Silvagni 0
* Stocker 4

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Suns are badly depleted | Brisbane have lost Beams and aren't that far ahead not to be able to be beaten | Norfs/Doggies/Saints aren't going to beat our midfield |

6 wins (only) in this context above and i reckon that is a fair ask maybe a tad tough...

Then you have to think which Clubs above all these might be able to get jumped by Carlton on a day....well Geelong/Hawforn aren 't unbeatable and Buddy is a year older at Sydney...

For mine 6- 7 wins is the benchmark for 2019 - only because Docherty is out gives me pause on the enthusiastic certainty of anything much though...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back