2019 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Will the athletic sidekick take his Brother in Law with him?
One can only assume that Mr.Warren-Marmo would be rolling into the B.B.Saints but has only played a handful of games in the seconds out at Rutherglen by the looks of things so his footballing days might be past him

One can only assume that Mr.Warren-Marmo would be rolling into the B.B.Saints but has only played a handful of games in the seconds out at Rutherglen by the looks of things so his footballing days might be past him
Wouldn't of thought so, they have a no d***head policy there

What has pre-season been like at clubs around the league ? Let’s get some conversation going hey

Who’s impressing?

Strong numbers or weak numbers?

Who will be the guy who steps up into the elite category?

Any young guys stepping up to senior footy who will impact?

Thinking same top 3 as last year

Thinking the same thing, are sides just waiting for Kiewa and thurgoona to come back to the pack? Doesn’t seem like anybody has been recruiting to try and compete as those 2 plus Barny have really been only sides to announce any recruits

Thinking the same thing, are sides just waiting for Kiewa and thurgoona to come back to the pack? Doesn’t seem like anybody has been recruiting to try and compete as those 2 plus Barny have really been only sides to announce any recruits
Are the recruits out there? Numbers for a lot of clubs won’t be great by the sounds of it ☹️

Are the recruits out there? Numbers for a lot of clubs won’t be great by the sounds of it ☹️

I suppose there not out there because nobody has recruited ?

Any news out of Mitta, Beechworth, Dederang, Tallangatta, Rutherglen all these middle tier sides from last year have been very quite ?

With majority of sides struggling for numbers should the competition considering following the Upper Murray in having 16 on a field ? Changes need to be made before it’s too messy.
Will every club field a seniors and seconds ?

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What Clubs have previously struggled with Numbers in the Ressies RR?

I think you’d find at some stage throughout last year, every team in the comp would have been making phone calls on a Friday night to get people to play reserves.

Some O&M reserves would be the same.
16 a side, not the worst idea but my issue for that is we are catering for the biggest issue around the area and that is there are far to many teams in the competition for the population of some of these towns and the area as a whole. The standard in all leagues around has dropped dramatically in recent years.
Potentially if there were a big shake up and many of our teams amalgamated surely you would see a rise in the standard.

If the Tdfl and Hume league had 10 teams each could play a conference style finals series top 4 from each league play a knock out until the winner of each league square off. 3 week finals series.
Surely that would be more exciting then watching Kiewa v Thurgoona in the grand final again

What Clubs have previously struggled with Numbers in the Ressies RR?

Mitta couldn’t field a full side both games last year against our boys . And probably excluding Thurgoona and Kiewa , most other clubs would’ve had problems throughout the year with numbers and had to call upon junior players to double up

After reading the paper seems that things have got heated in the Spencer+Neander situation what are people’s thoughts? Club has every right to hold them to the contracts they signed and I think they should but do clubs really want to hold blokes who don’t want to be there ?

And can anybody shead some light on what has actually happened to make them want to leave as John seems paricler angry taking pot shots on the comments of the articles posted by border mail maybe suggesting they dont think his senior worthy ? ( that’s my view of the comments I seen him comment on )

My opinion is that every case of players wanting to break contract needs to be treated differently. Disheartening for the clubs and volunteers involved but it just seems to keep on happening unfortunately.
On a side note LFN, any truth your mob only has 30 players on the entire senior list?

Looking like it will be the same top 3 again, but could throw a blanket over the last 2 spots in the top 5. Anything can happen at the pointy end though, so a few might fancy their chances.
Kiewa looking good for back to back, barely any losses and added Thompson. Definite for top 3, most likely premier.

Thurgoona still stacked with stars, and clearly have the most depth from their all conquering 2s side. Very old which could cause problems on a hot September day

Barny will be thereabouts again. Could easily have won it last year if not for a missed shot in the prelim by Cook. Depth could be a problem.

Yack, Mitta, Dederang, Rutherglen, Tallangatta to fight it out for the remaining spots in the finals. Haven't heard much from the others.

Ladder
Kiewa
Barnawartha
Thurgoona
Dederang
Mitta
Yack
Rutherglen
Tallangatta
Beechworth
Chiltern
Saints
Wahgunyah

Dederang was in the paper last week with about 6 bloke but I didn’t know any of them maybe someone can give some more info As they look to be the only other side who have added apart from the top sides

Lads,

Heard Thurgoona may be in the gun for breaching the salary cap last year.
We typically get a report about this time of year.

Has anyone heard anything?

Discuss.

I don’t think anybody would be surprised if this turned out to be true but until proving guilty it’s there right to the assumbson of incidents

Think if they league did a little more digging they would also find there may have been a backside deal don’t with a house getting built on the cheap for a gun recruit out of Kiewa last year aswell

I don’t think anybody would be surprised if this turned out to be true but until proving guilty it’s there right to the assumbson of incidents

Think if they league did a little more digging they would also find there may have been a backside deal don’t with a house getting built on the cheap for a gun recruit out of Kiewa last year aswell

Just goes to show how much money is in country footy! A house is quite the package!

Just goes to show how much money is in country footy! A house is quite the package!
What a load of crap no club in Tallangatta League has money to build houses for a players. Sounds like there's nothing to talk about so make something up. Talk about the practice matches, I no there's some this weekend at Sandy Creek, has anybody played any yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back