Preview 2019 Semi Final v West Coast

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Read about it last month:

Cooper left AS Monaco in 2018 for “family reasons” and those reasons have been brought into the spotlight by the revelation that he failed a drug test...

...A recently released report shows the urine actually belonged to his girlfriend, who was likely unaware she was pregnant.

The international basketball federation (FIBA) suspended Cooper for fraud and he’s not eligible to return to the game until June 2020.

---
Moral of the story - if you are going to try and cheat a drug test by using your girlfriends urine, make are she ain't pregnant first

How are they players doing this ... I believe the method for sample collection is very optical...

Last edited:

How they players doing this ... I believe the method for sample collection is very optical...
I've seen all sorts of methods. Popular one is filling a condom with someone else's urine, secreting it in groin to get up to correct temp and then discharged into sample cup. It's not like the utensil watchers are staring into your japs eye while you take a piss.

This is huge for us. With any luck west coast will be off their game and we can make them pay with a good first quarter.

You know how sometimes you just have a bad game of footy and nothing goes right? (See geelong last week). With any luck this means it’s West coasts turn for a bad week.

It's one of those things that if this came out on Sunday, Monday or even Tuesday it would have meant things to play out a bit in the media, while then still allowing time the club time to refocus ahead of the game

But now it's come out with just over 24 hours until game time, probably going to mean last minute changes to the team and potentially having to fly someone else out - they only flew over the 22 from last week, with Oscar Allen & Liam Duggan also making the trip. Are either of those likely replacements for Rioli or is that a last minute SOS?

Could be a distraction & disruption to the team

kick WCE out of the finals imo
Some Essendon fans and non-WCE fans have been asking that and suggesting we should have a new opponent for tomorrow night's match

Basically just dump the team and reinstate the Bombers

Massive massive news about Rioli, thats just the distraction we need for West Coast.

Happy to be entirely wrong, of course. But, in the interests of balance, I have to admit to the complete opposite.

To me. any benefit of Rioli not taking the field could be easily outweighed by our boys believing that this means the Weagles are in some disarray. Whereas a siege mentality for the Coasters could easily galvanise them to even greater heights.

In any event, I still expect the West Coast players to bring the heat early and seek to extinguish our prospects with plenty of fire around the contest. And I don't believe Rioli's absence will make a huge difference to that endeavour, one way or the other.

In the end, I'm that spooked by our insipid finals efforts that I really don't believe our players need another reason to be anything other than absolutely primed for the fiercest contest of their footy careers.

hopefully we take it up to the eagles but i think the most likely outcome is that we play the same slow brand of footy and Mcgovern, Hurn and co. mark us to death as we continue to bomb it in going fwd.
Not sure if this has been posted already , but Plough said today that basically our flowing footy had been strangled to death by the opposition hen we have got slower and slower to maintain possession. that is is not working now but cannot see how we can turn that around in a week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My first real post since the debacle.

Its all been said - but this one broke something in me. Ive always accepted the loss and moved on. This one however lingers still. Forgiving I have done, forgetting not gonna happen.

The Hoops in me wont let me quit - but damn im close.

In isolation, take it on the chin, work hard and move on. The cumulative total of sameness makes it impossible - and here I am.

We just need to win this week - one of the 3 impossible wins I guess.

As for the future, I can deal with the fact that Stanley out didnt lose the game, but I want recognition of the destabilisation it caused from him.

The list has talent and potential going forward - but standards need to be set and enforced now for the future. Build the hunger.

Go Catters
Spoton. I've wondered from time to time how guys like you just keep posting and modding and keeping the whole deal going. But for you to post this, which almost exactly echoes my thoughts, should resonate deep if anyone at the Club actually gives a s**t. As per my previous posts you may glean I am not so sure anymore about that.

Not sure if this has been posted already , but Plough said today that basically our flowing footy had been strangled to death by the opposition hen we have got slower and slower to maintain possession. that is is not working now but cannot see how we can turn that around in a week.

It's been happening since the bye..

OUT: Duncan, Rohan, Atkins
IN: Stanley, Guthrie, S Selwood

Not what I necessary want but what I think will happen.
Atkins struggled last week - question is if he will be better for the run in which we back him in or does the MC think he'll be a bit deer in the headlights again
Only 4 cats touched the footy more than Atkins. His ball use aside in his first final, he isn’t getting dropped

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back