• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 11, 2009
AFL Club
Geelong
The question that will never be answered is WHAT WAS IN HIS OWN URINE that caused him to make the switch? He must receive a very long ban. To set a precedent by slapping him on the wrist is tantamount to treating WADA with contempt.

Apparently they found nothing in his system, but why the subterfuge / risk if that were the case?

Makes me wonder why they are not spitting the bit about Guth. Is there worse news to come.?

The normal melters have seen the inclusion of Stanley to the starting 18 and skipped over everything else

The MC probably could have included Zuthrie for Stewart & Parsons for Danger and those changes would also have been ignored as we look likely to be playing a ruckman, especially we also have a ruckman on the emergency list

cynical

Cancelled
Dec 18, 2009
AFL Club
Geelong
Tuohy will go forward to replace Rohan - we'll go in with the same structure as for the game against Carlton

Gary Rohan is a 3rd tall forward (our version of one)

Touhy is a running defender

they aren't like for like

Jun 30, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oz Bball, Equest, Net, Tenn, Voll
The normal melters have seen the inclusion of Stanley to the starting 18 and skipped over everything else

The MC probably could have included Zuthrie for Stewart & Parsons for Danger and those changes would also have been ignored as we look likely to be playing a ruckman, especially we also have a ruckman on the emergency list
If Rhys can't make this a do or die contest he is probably done as an AFL ruck, I've thought maybe we've been protecting his body for finals footy.

That said, all the bs media regarding other rucks would inspire me to smash it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gary Rohan is a 3rd tall forward (our version of one)

Touhy is a running defender

they aren't like for like

Kinda true, but at least Tuohy knows how to kick goals having kicked 3 in his last 2 games playing in the same team as Rohan who only kicked 1 in that same time

Not sure we necessarily loose a lot if Tuohy goes forward in Rohan's spot - at least based on form over the second half of the season. If anything, Tuohy looks more keen for the contest and may be the better option

Apr 22, 2007
Bentleigh
AFL Club
Geelong

After the shambles of last week, its melters 1 MC 0

So what is the process? Pee in the test tube and we'll take a blood sample as well at that exact same time?

I thought it was just a urine test. Montagna was just on AFL Tonight to explain the process of the urine test, but no mention of a blood test.

I'm baffled that if the pants are down around the ankles + the top lifted to the chest, + there is someone watching you, how do you swap a test?

foxdog50

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 1, 2006
Australia
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Australia (Cricket)
Kinda true, but at least Tuohy knows how to kick goals having kicked 3 in his last 2 games playing in the same team as Rohan who only kicked 1 in that same time

Not sure we necessarily loose a lot if Tuohy goes forward in Rohan's spot - at least based on form over the second half of the season. If anything, Tuohy looks more keen for the contest and may be the better option
If I was going to pick to play forward with either Rohan or Tuhoy. It be Tuhoy in a heartbeat... No way you can pick Rohan with the way his been playing the last 3 months....
You can't pick Rohan with the chance of him playing before the bye.

Dec 11, 2009
AFL Club
Geelong
I thought it was just a urine test. Montagna was just on AFL Tonight to explain the process of the urine test, but no mention of a blood test.

I'm baffled that if the pants are down around the ankles + the top lifted to the chest, + there is someone watching you, how do you swap a test?

Only one conclusion.

The observer was negligent...... Or in on the deception.

With the news about Willie Rioli coming out, the question has to be asked. Will TK want his young kids growing up surrounded by stuff like that? ;)

Hope to see a press release tomorrow morning saying he's signed on for another year at the Cattery, and like the Coniglio re-signing at GWS last week, spurs us on to a big win tomorrow night.

The Rioli story reminds me of a story I read a few months ago about a male basketballer in Europe who was banned for a similar offence, except he swapped urine samples with his partner. The officials were suspicious when testing the sample and finding out the player was pregnant. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back