News 2019 signings and other news

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hawks defender rushed to hospital with dislocated knee
Hawk Tim Mohr
The 30-year-old was released late from hospital on Sunday afternoon after having the knee put back in place and will undergo scans to determine any further damage.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-03-24/hawks-defender-mohr-rushed-to-hospital-with-dislocated-knee

Thanks for that, might not be as bad as first thought then with a bit of luck. (I knew someone who had a knee cap that used to dislocate regularly, in the end she would put it back in place herself :eek: )

Thanks for that, might not be as bad as first thought then with a bit of luck. (I knew someone who had a knee cap that used to dislocate regularly, in the end she would put it back in place herself :eek: )
By the sounds of it he might of dislocated the whole knee, not just the kneecap which is a lot more serious. Usually means your ligaments are ruptured and it’s one year plus out of the game

Is this where we have a whinge about the fixture? Well I am going to anyway...

Why so many matches starting at 11.40am? I can't make it to morning matches and there are four for us in the first seven rounds including round one (unfurling of flag I presume) which I won't get to be at :mad:

Interesting to hear they've tried Conor Glass in a new role. I think they saw him as a running half back, but he just hasn't come on there - he seems to really struggle finding space back there.. his tackling has been unexpectedly impressive though (maybe all those extra sessions with Nash), so I can understand why they're trying him through the middle. He's got the tank to play in the middle no doubt, and perhaps with more of the ball we'll see why he was rated as a potential all-time great over there in Ireland. Some of the wraps on him would've made Gary Ablett blush.

It’s a bit odd really..

Glass always looks like he wants to go & get the ball & run, which is great.

Playing defensive footy just doesn’t look like a natural position for him at all & the knock on him performing that attacking back flank but not getting enough footy or just shutting down an opponent pretty much says he can’t do both.

He has had a couple of runs on the wing & from what I recall wasn’t all that bad but still in the defensive mindset of playing back, so again not all that inspiring.

This almost reeks of a traditional apprenticeship under Clarko for a young player learning the game to be accountable defensively before being given a run in their preferred position.

If they feel that Glass has advanced enough to roll through the middle then I’m a bit excited for what he may be able to produce.
An aggressive & fit player with a natural get ball attitude who has learnt some defensive skills with a licence to play should be fun to watch!

What is the reason the VFO starts two weeks later than the AFL. Seems crazy that for two weeks the non-seniors don’t get the chance to push their cash in a competitive game for four points.

What is the reason the VFO starts two weeks later than the AFL. Seems crazy that for two weeks the non-seniors don’t get the chance to push their cash in a competitive game for four points.

I think it's to align things more neatly at the other end of the season. The VFL season is shorter and by starting a couple of weeks later they can have the VFL finals running almost concurrently with the AFL finals thereby giving players a chance to push their case for selection at the pointy end of the season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think it's to align things more neatly at the other end of the season. The VFL season is shorter and by starting a couple of weeks later they can have the VFL finals running almost concurrently with the AFL finals thereby giving players a chance to push their case for selection at the pointy end of the season.
Why not have another couple of rounds to match it up properly? Currently there are 21 rounds with 3 byes. So we play 18 HA games, against 14 sides.

What do we think of the new requirement that all listed players wear their AFL numbers in the VFL?

All the VFL players will be in the 50s, 60s and 70s. So captain Moore will be wearing 52 by the looks of things. Not a major issue but a bit belittling perhaps.

It's what happens when you get self-entitled one-a-year viewers who only see their team play when on TV and complain that they can't recognise the AFL players from the VFL players.

Rather than learn the players names and the type of player they are, they want the work done for them.

I wasn't aware of the new requirement. I liked the VFL players in an aligned club wearing the lower numbers. I wouldn't be surprised if C7 influenced the move. I hope it's not a sign along with the VFL playing curtain raisers to AFL games that the VFL with become an AFL reserves competition. The strong stand alone clubs are key contributors to the strength of the competition and also provide both young and mature players with an opportunity to compete against AFL players and earn a place on an AFL list.

What do we think of the new requirement that all listed players wear their AFL numbers in the VFL?

All the VFL players will be in the 50s, 60s and 70s. So captain Moore will be wearing 52 by the looks of things. Not a major issue but a bit belittling perhaps.

I didn't know about it. I think it stinks. The Hawthorn/Box Hill alliance always made a point of the lower numbers going to Box Hill players which I thought was very respectful.

I started following the VFL a few years ago because I was sick and tired of all the crap that goes on around the AFL. Seems that crap is coming thick and fast in the VFL now. Dumping the Dev League, forcing them to change their numbering system, 11.40am matches. Rapidly losing interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back