News 2019 signings and other news

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really a big surprise. I understand that most of the people on this forum are Hawthorn supporters, but since the removal of the development league all Hawthorn listed players are picked first in the Box Hill team with any remaining spots left for Box Hill listed players regardless of whether they are the best 22 players listed at the club. Not really much incentive when you can go to local leagues, get more money and are guaranteed a match based on your ability.
I agree with you mate there is nothing that can be done about that either

The vfl squad is certainly getting decimated- with many looking like deciding that, if they’re going to play for their community club 90% of the season, there’s not much point staying with the vfl team just for the odd game here or there

Slick

Club Legend
Oct 5, 2004
Berwick
AFL Club
Hawthorn
The vfl squad is certainly getting decimated- with many looking like deciding that, if they’re going to play for their community club 90% of the season, there’s not much point staying with the vfl team just for the odd game here or there
Spot on. Removal of the Development League has smashed the VFL!

What's to stop Box Hill say forming a reserves team in the EFL to try and keep the guys together who don't make the seniors?

Obviously any Hawthorn AFL players couldn't play for them so inferior to the development league, but at least makes sure that the guys who are rocking up to training every week are least getting a game together rather than going their separate ways on the weekend?

caseman2

Team Captain
Mar 31, 2008
NYC
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Harry Dear a replacement for Chris Jones and provide ruck support for Pitto?

Any up updates on the Jake Barrett rumors?

Turtles all the way down

Average depth player
Apr 25, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
What's to stop Box Hill say forming a reserves team in the EFL to try and keep the guys together who don't make the seniors?

Obviously any Hawthorn AFL players couldn't play for them so inferior to the development league, but at least makes sure that the guys who are rocking up to training every week are least getting a game together rather than going their separate ways on the weekend?
That seems like such a sensible solution it surprises me that no one else does it. Are we missing something obvious?

stemline

Premiership Player
Nov 26, 2001
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Maybe the cost would simply be too prohibitive. Whole extra team to have match day staff and resources for. Wouldn't directly benefit Hawthorn sufficiently for them to pay for it all and I doubt Box Hill could afford it.

That's just a guess though.

Oct 21, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Maybe the cost would simply be too prohibitive. Whole extra team to have match day staff and resources for. Wouldn't directly benefit Hawthorn sufficiently for them to pay for it all and I doubt Box Hill could afford it.

That's just a guess though.
Solution surely to have a "partnership" with an existing team for at least Hawthorn listed players to play at (tho I bet AFL wouldnt allow). Just send a Hawthorn coach down there occasionally I'm sure they'd get plenty of benefit from that.

caseman2

Team Captain
Mar 31, 2008
NYC
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Ins: Mascitti, Mullenger-McHugh, Meadows
Outs: Hams, Brolic, O'Donnell, Jones, Warren, Nagle

West Perth star Luke Meadows joins VFL premiers Box Hill
Jordan McArdleThe West Australian Thursday, 29 November 2018 10:54PM
The gun West Perth midfielder has signed a one-year deal with Box Hill, with the VFL premiers beating several state-league teams, including Essendon and SANFL champions North Adelaide, for the his signature.

Last edited by a moderator:

caseman2

Team Captain
Mar 31, 2008
NYC
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Billy Murphy to play in the NEAFL with Apsley

ASPLEY-HORNETS-1_edited-2-1024x64.jpg

Ins: Dylan Smith (Swans Academy), Billy Murphy (Box Hill), Michael Hutchinson (Aspley – returning to NEAFL), Liam Dawson (Brisbane)

Just a reminder that we shouldn't cut and paste verbatim news articles and we should always post a link to the original article.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back