News 2019 St Kilda Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Has anyone else seen the article.....a small one.... on the AFL site where we're preparing to offer Brad Hill $900 K per year.

Just noticed who the author was....Purple !!!!!!

They have narcolepsy.

And long may they stay that way!

Underachievers for a couple of decades and all of a sudden the fawning over them begins...because they beat us in Teagues first game as coach - spare me!

To make matters worse, Lloyd reckons they are a 50% chamce of getting all of Coniglio, Papley and Martin.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why does it say "Round 19 nominee"?

Yeah, I reckon Ben King might want a word with whoever wrote that headline. But I'm stoked that Josh gets a big photo on the AFL site with the word BATTLESTAR on top of it! Talking of Battlestar, the article I read mainly talked about his heroic final 5 minutes... of the previous round's match, and only a passing reference to the game for which he supposedly got nominated. This is the entire section about the game he played in the round he was nominated in:

In St Kilda's loss to Carlton at the MCG on Saturday, Battle gathered 16 possessions (seven contested), four marks (one contested) and a career-high 11 one-percenters.

I suppose that is a lot of possies for a backman, and a lot of 1%ers too, but reading the article it seems for all the world like he has been nominated for last week's game a week late.

Is that a normal thing? I don't really pay much attention to Rising Star since it generally has nothing to do with St. Kilda, but I'd assumed that each round, the nominees are nominated for that round's game, not other games. What's the deal there?

Underachievers for a couple of decades and all of a sudden the fawning over them begins...because they beat us in Teagues first game as coach - spare me!

To make matters worse, Lloyd reckons they are a 50% chamce of getting all of Coniglio, Papley and Martin.
Those young blokes Murphy, Kruezer, Simpson, Casboult, Curnow and that whipper snapper dale thomas torched us, cant wait to see how bright their futures are.

In seriousness, they did contribute heaps and all 30 or older next year or retired

yep and as bad as they have been 64000 members this year

Yeah, I reckon Ben King might want a word with whoever wrote that headline. But I'm stoked that Josh gets a big photo on the AFL site with the word BATTLESTAR on top of it! Talking of Battlestar, the article I read mainly talked about his heroic final 5 minutes... of the previous round's match, and only a passing reference to the game for which he supposedly got nominated. This is the entire section about the game he played in the round he was nominated in:

In St Kilda's loss to Carlton at the MCG on Saturday, Battle gathered 16 possessions (seven contested), four marks (one contested) and a career-high 11 one-percenters.

I suppose that is a lot of possies for a backman, and a lot of 1%ers too, but reading the article it seems for all the world like he has been nominated for last week's game a week late.

Is that a normal thing? I don't really pay much attention to Rising Star since it generally has nothing to do with St. Kilda, but I'd assumed that each round, the nominees are nominated for that round's game, not other games. What's the deal there?
By this time in the season, it's less about the roundd just gone and more about how they have gone all season and trying to make sure everyone who has a body of work worthy of a nomination gets ones

I switched on SEN at about 8:45am this morning and just caught the end of Tim Watson saying 'St Kilda have their noses just in front' before they moved on to the next topic. I assume they were talking trades, did anyone hear who they were talking about?

I switched on SEN at about 8:45am this morning and just caught the end of Tim Watson saying 'St Kilda have their noses just in front' before they moved on to the next topic. I assume they were talking trades, did anyone hear who they were talking about?
i think they were talking about roughhead coming over as a coach or something

Those young blokes Murphy, Kruezer, Simpson, Casboult, Curnow and that whipper snapper dale thomas torched us, cant wait to see how bright their futures are.

As I mentioned last night.....that made it all the more galling.

An article on China and Footy's involvement and how the A-league stuffed up.

And they may get them for less picks than we’ll spend on brad hill....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back