News 2019 St Kilda Media Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only offering a captain in waiting and star of the comp $520k is a joke. I can understand letting Dal go but BJ should’ve been a 300 game St Kilda legend. Disappointing.

In hindsight we should have kept both and lost someone like Sam Gilbert to free up space. Sides that kept their top end talent stayed up.

Jun 4, 2018
AFL Club
St Kilda
Pelchen was a disaster. Set the club back years with his idiotic ideas. Forcing the best players out of the club turned out to be completely moronic; he was like that monorail salesman from The Simpsons.
woah, i just watched my first episode in ten years and that was it! Lyle Lanley, except at least he had charm, pelchin is like black hole in that regard..

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2018
AFL Club
St Kilda
Pelchen was a snake...an evil piece of work. You can be ruthless, sure, but it's balancing that ruthlessness with a clear workable insight that works towards the greater good that makes such ruthlessness worth while. Pelchen didn't do that, he came in with his mandate...but the spreadsheet was only ever a disguised drawing of a black hole. Prick of a human being.

mightymalaka

What we have here is a failure to communicate!
May 7, 2018
Road to Nowhere
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Manchester United
Problem we have had over the years is allowing these outside turd administrators and or shite recruiters to come in and
Sweep the broom on good loyal StKilda people!

You can go back to that Douche with ears calling himself JR Mr Fox....Right through to complete assholes
Like Archie Fraser and then Pelican head! Everytime one of these shitstains come in and do their damage
It takes the club years to recover!
And then just when it does...You can guarantee they will go hire some other leftfield clowns and the whole depressing saga
Repeats itself over and over!

Last edited:
Problem we have had over the years is allowing these outside turd administrators and or shite recruiters to come in and
Sweep the broom on good loyal StKilda people!

You can go back to that Douche with ears calling himself JR Mr Fox....Right through to complete assholes
Like Archie Knox and then Pelican head! Everytime one of these shitstains come in and do their damage
It takes the club years to recover!
And then just when it does...You can guarantee they will go hire some other leftfield clowns and the whole depressing saga
Repeats itself over and over!
And this is why I'm holding my opinion on SL for 2 - 3 years

And this is why I'm holding my opinion on SL for 2 - 3 years
yep, I’ve backed my share of messiahs and none have actually worked out yet. Ironically the two buffoons in GT and Buttersssss were our best administrators as far as setting up a generation for on field success.

Apr 5, 2016
Everywhere
AFL Club
St Kilda
Pelchen was a snake...an evil piece of work. You can be ruthless, sure, but it's balancing that ruthlessness with a clear workable insight that works towards the greater good that makes such ruthlessness worth while. Pelchen didn't do that, he came in with his mandate...but the spreadsheet was only ever a disguised drawing of a black hole. Prick of a human being.

Obviously the salary cap was a mess when Pechen arrived but surely he could have gone back to the other higher paid players and renegotiated some contracts and kept the list together. He was so set on bottoming out and getting draft picks he over looked what was required to keep the club running and the compromised drafts. Everything he did screwed the club and its loyal servants for years!

Last edited:
Pelchen was a disaster. Set the club back years with his idiotic ideas. Forcing the best players out of the club turned out to be completely moronic; he was like that monorail salesman from The Simpsons.
woah, i just watched my first episode in ten years and that was it! Lyle Lanley, except at least he had charm, pelchin is like black hole in that regard..
2ptx7k9.jpg

VDS66 reminds me of Lyle Lanley

AirWinmar

Premiership Player
Jun 18, 2018
AFL Club
St Kilda
Another piece of genius from the Pelican. Right up there with trading out McEvoy and Stanley. What do we need now?. Oh that's right, ruckmen. Our two are now working for the enemy. The number ones in finals teams, while we lurch on with Longer and Pierce.

What did the genius Trout get in return? Dunstan, Savage and Hugh Goddard. Hot dog! Those two dickheads did unimaginable damage. At least Satan saw straight through Elshaug, recognised the incompetence and sacked him.

Some idiots on here still blame Bevo and John Peake. Peake was so bad, Geelong poached him back in his last year with us. How have they gone since? One premiership and seven out of eight finals series. What a dud. And did I mention he helped build Geelong's triple premiership dynasty.? As time goes on, the legacy of those two clowns continues to hurt us. Thank goodness Elshaug is back where he belongs. The doping, salary cap cheating, St. Kilda haters. He was one originally. Good riddance.
Dont forget Luke Delaney

Drake Huggins

Club Legend
May 2, 2018
The ghost of the G.G. Huggins Stand
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Stoke City, Southampton.
He also used Yabbie to build his legend. He told everyone who would listen that the Yabbster with his dying breath told him, "Fix my saints, Chris. ". That story was complete bullshit. I checked with Yabby's sons. What sort of a piece of s**t would make up something like that? Says it all about that campaigner. Still looking for a job six years after leaving the saints.

He also used Yabbie to build his legend. He told everyone who would listen that the Yabbster with his dying breath told him, "Fix my saints, Chris. ". That story was complete bullshit. I checked with Yabby's sons. What sort of a piece of s**t would make up something like that? Says it all about that campaigner. Still looking for a job six years after leaving the saints.

I blame the gullible Saints actually.
They were taken in by a slick oil salesman, hoping desperately that he would get them the list he “built” for the Hawks...or at least told everyone he did.

The lesson in all this is...don’t try and copy the leaders, you have to forge your own path, be it list, game plan etc but obviously you have to have the smarts to hire the right people in the first place.

The fish rots from the head is an oldie, but true nevertheless.

Hickey is now Hannerbery after the recent trade. Lets seee how that goes.

Isn't Hanners next years round two? Maybe some complicated by the fact that we then swapped a pick last year for some pick next year or something? I'm not sure it's quite a straight Hanners for Hickey.

Only offering a captain in waiting and star of the comp $520k is a joke. I can understand letting Dal go but BJ should’ve been a 300 game St Kilda legend. Disappointing.

Wasn't that around the time that our Salary cap was a total mess. ?
I don't get your comment about Dal, career wise , before and after Saints, i rate him higher than Goddard. Not sure that Mr Pointyfinger would have been the right captain for the rebuild.
The other reason Goddard left ( not mentioned here ) was to win a flag with the delusionists.

I didn't mind the concept at the time, but what we needed was someone with some recruiting talent to say " not this year, its a s**t draft "
( seems we didn't have that ).
We could say that losing a guy Goddard's age and getting Brody Grundy might have been a good deal, but that is really cherry picking the draft with powers of hind-site.
We got Hickey, Hickey got us Bytel, Bytel could be anything or nothing, lets hope some Karma comes our way.

OK it wasn't for Bytel.

Tom Hickey and our 4th rounder went for West Coasts 2nd rounder. We also swapped future 4ths.

We then used it in the Hannebery trade. Future 2nd and we upgraded west coasts 2nd to pick 28.

We then did a swap with Melbourne, 36 and 46 for 28.

So we started with:

Hickey
2 4th rounders.

So we could have got King, kept Hickey, and drafted Young. Hind might have gotten to us.

We ended up with:
4 ( King )
41 (Bytel)
47 ( Parker)
54 ( Hind )
67 ( Young )
and Hannebery
and Kent.

So for this year's 2nd and 3rd and Hickey.
We got Hannebery , Bytel, Parker ,Kent

Premium

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 8, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
Isn't Hanners next years round two? Maybe some complicated by the fact that we then swapped a pick last year for some pick next year or something? I'm not sure it's quite a straight Hanners for Hickey.
Why is there no news on Hannerbery , surely he must be getting close to getting on the park , also when will Carlisle expected to get back on the park .

If Bytel comes good, it might still work for us.

I'm not quite sure how it all worked in the end but it looks like Parker, Young and Bytel were for a pick down grade and some next years picks or something. At the end of the day if one turns into an above average player it's at least something from the mess of trades that started with Goddard.

OK it wasn't for Bytel.

Tom Hickey and our 4th rounder went for West Coasts 2nd rounder. We also swapped future 4ths.

We then used it in the Hannebery trade. Future 2nd and we upgraded west coasts 2nd to pick 28.

We then did a swap with Melbourne, 36 and 46 for 28.

So we started with:

Hickey
2 4th rounders.

So we could have got King, kept Hickey, and drafted Young. Hind might have gotten to us.

We ended up with:
4 ( King )
41 (Bytel)
47 ( Parker)
54 ( Hind )
67 ( Young )
and Hannebery
and Kent.

So for this year's 2nd and 3rd and Hickey.
We got Hannebery , Bytel, Parker ,Kent

Wasn't next years second in there as well?

Why is there no news on Hannerbery , surely he must be getting close to getting on the park , also when will Carlisle expected to get back on the park .

I spoke to a guy who has people he knows at the club and he wasn't sounding enthusiastic. I asked for a time frame and he said he didn't think there was one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back