News 2019 St Kilda Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cried when He took that mark

OK, I'll fess up. Me too. Thought we were home. Have only cried over footy twice. Then, and when we beat Collingwood in the 92 Elimination Final. I don't cry when we lose. I don't have that many tears.

I had a bottle of unopened commemorative premiership port in the Cupboard.
I got it out on the table ready to open.

Its probably turned by now.

I've got a bottle of StKilda labelled Spumante that I flogged from the Social Club in the early 80's. It's been in the fridge in 97, 09 and 10. It would have been horrific when produced. Doubt it's aged well.

That's why you only stock up with good wine or scotch to celebrate.

The bottle of Johnny Walker I bought for 97 has gone the distance.

As for the GF replay, I was unable to attend and sold my ticket to a guy on SS at cost.

He was so excited to be going that he handed me a 20yo bottle of Dimple when he came to pickup up.

Poor basterd...

Was directly behind Wool on L2 when he launched that bomb.

Crowd went spare. Remember we were 26 points up early in the last qtr when the Lions kicked 5 straight to snatch the lead only for Wool to gave a crack from 60 metres out.

The 2010 draw still distresses me. Knew we had blown our chances and would get smashed in the replay.

That Goddard mark let me see the light for about 30 seconds.

I hate football sometimes

I've got a bottle of StKilda labelled Spumante that I flogged from the Social Club in the early 80's. It's been in the fridge in 97, 09 and 10. It would have been horrific when produced. Doubt it's aged well.

Good thing about Port, you can just keep adding a bit of fortification until it tastes OK.

Ok.
Geary officially a captain.
Geary officially a leader by example.
Tough as, bro.

so can now stop saying why was hi picked as captain, and he not a good leader and all the other stuff that people said.

so can now stop saying why was hi picked as captain, and he not a good leader and all the other stuff that people said.
208u39j.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was directly behind Wool on L2 when he launched that bomb.

Crowd went spare. Remember we were 26 points up early in the last qtr when the Lions kicked 5 straight to snatch the lead only for Wool to gave a crack from 60 metres out.

The 2010 draw still distresses me. Knew we had blown our chances and would get smashed in the replay.

That Goddard mark let me see the light for about 30 seconds.

I hate football sometimes

We were on level three and there was as much atmosphere as on the bottom levels. These days the top level sounds like a mausoleum.

Can someone from the St Kilda twitterati go tell Purple (re: his Sliding Doors) that Marsh will likely play forward?

Funny, I was there and remember the joint shaking too. My mates reckon I'm putting mayo on it but it was unbelievable! Great memories that night
it was definitely shaking! The place was packed, and everyone basically jumped up at exactly the same time. Pretty rare event, going from 'we're gonna lose' to 'wtf goal, siren we won!' all in a matter of seconds.

The goddard mark was right in front of me too. Pretty surreal experience. Also pretty sad that that's the closest feeling nearly all of us have come to winning a flag :(

Final minutes of '66.

Gale: Oh there's tremendous pressure out here, the excitement, the place is SEETHING! I'll have a heart attack in a minute, honestly ...

Whitten (interrupts): I've already had three, Butch!

Gale: It's ticking on towards time-on and still it's a drawn match ...

Gale: Oh, Michael, you could be right, this could be a draw.

Williamson: I tipped this!

GALE: This is madness, they're all on the ball.

WILLIAMSON: Potter has it, he can't break clear, it's taken by Breen . . . It's a . . . point, it's a point, St Kilda in front, St Kilda in front.

GALE: How long have they been playing, Mike?

WILLIAMSON: They have been playing, if my hand will stop shaking and I can see the watch, 27-and-a-half minutes.
WILLIAMSON: It's at centre half-forward for St Kilda . . .Mynott! He'll be paid the mark.

WHITTEN: Slow it down! Slow it down!

WILLIAMSON: Yes, he's taking your advice all right, Ted. Can the Saints hang on and win their first ever?

WHITTEN: They've got it!

WILLIAMSON: Oh, golly me!
WILLIAMSON: There's a break! Tuddenham. A break. Tuddenham kicks to centre half-forward. They set themselves . . . and a mark to Bob Murray! A mark to Murray! Twenty-eight-and-a- half minutes gone.

WHITTEN: Hit the boundary line!

WILLIAMSON: There's Murray's kick to the wing position on the outer side .... there's the siren! St Kilda have won it! They've won it! Look at this! Look at Allan Jeans! Oh, what an emotional scene this is! Allan Jeans has broken down ... oh, what emotion! I sincerely hope you've enjoyed this, really I do. You'd be hard to please if you couldn't enjoy this. St Kilda! Their first ever premiership. A magnificent effort from everybody out there today.

GALE: By one point though, Mike. A magnificent effort by both teams, and to win a grand final by one point . . . I'm shaking. I don't know how you feel, but that is the most emotional thing I think I have ever seen in my life.

WILLIAMSON: Butch, I just put the lighted end of a cigarette into my mouth ... Oh, golly!

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl...e-call-24-september-1966-20190503-p51jvp.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back