News 2019 St Kilda Media Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Olliver

Senior List
Sep 10, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
Yeah just looked like a syndesmosis from the still shot. Much better result than an ACL of course but as ankles go it’s a bad one. Depends on the severity as to how they are managed but most would fall into the 6-10 week range. Clav had surgery on his and missed 8 weeks I think it was.

I actually think it’s not a bad result as it’ll give Max a chance to get stronger and also should give him some confidence that his knee can take a heavy contest and an awkward landing.

Aug 30, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
Yeah just looked like a syndesmosis from the still shot. Much better result than an ACL of course but as ankles go it’s a bad one. Depends on the severity as to how they are managed but most would fall into the 6-10 week range. Clav had surgery on his and missed 8 weeks I think it was.

I actually think it’s not a bad result as it’ll give Max a chance to get stronger and also should give him some confidence that his knee can take a heavy contest and an awkward landing.

If Clav missed 8 & had surgery how many would you expect Max to miss if he’s lucky enough to avoid surgery?

Olliver

Senior List
Sep 10, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
If Clav missed 8 & had surgery how many would you expect Max to miss if he’s lucky enough to avoid surgery?

Depends on what exactly is damaged. There are 4 grades of injury but also stable and unstable classifications. To avoid surgery you’d usually be a grade 1 or a stable grade 2.

Given Leathlean said they’d wait a few days before providing an update I’d suggest either they will consult a surgeon or just confirming that it is a stable grade 2 once it settles a bit. If it is treated conservatively then usually 5-8 weeks for a grade 2.

Depends on what exactly is damaged. There are 4 grades of injury but also stable and unstable classifications. To avoid surgery you’d usually be a grade 1 or a stable grade 2.

Given Leathlean said they’d wait a few days before providing an update I’d suggest either they will consult a surgeon or just confirming that it is a stable grade 2 once it settles a bit. If it is treated conservatively then usually 5-8 weeks for a grade 2.

I had it when I was young playing basketball, it hurts like *. Took me around 6 weeks from memory and the worst is early on. My ankle was never 100% afterwards, it used to roll a lot more easily.

Ceanag

Club Legend
Jul 16, 2006
AFL Club
St Kilda
https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-06-18/stats-files-whos-the-best-tagger-in-the-afl
Who's the best tagger in the AFL?

His scalps this year are a who's who of the AFL.

Dustin Martin. Tim Kelly. Jaeger O'Meara. Patrick Cripps. Clayton Oliver. David Swallow. Ben Cunnington.

Greater Western Sydney's Matt de Boer has continued to reinvent himself to remain a regular cog in the Giants' machine in his three seasons at the club since Fremantle cut him loose.

His latest reincarnation as a run-with midfielder – a role he previously fulfilled – is striking fear into the AFL's finest, with Saint Seb Ross the only opponent who exceeded expectations opposed to de Boer.

Oct 2, 2010
AFL Club
St Kilda
https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-06-18/stats-files-whos-the-best-tagger-in-the-afl
Who's the best tagger in the AFL?

His scalps this year are a who's who of the AFL.

Dustin Martin. Tim Kelly. Jaeger O'Meara. Patrick Cripps. Clayton Oliver. David Swallow. Ben Cunnington.

Greater Western Sydney's Matt de Boer has continued to reinvent himself to remain a regular cog in the Giants' machine in his three seasons at the club since Fremantle cut him loose.

His latest reincarnation as a run-with midfielder – a role he previously fulfilled – is striking fear into the AFL's finest, with Saint Seb Ross the only opponent who exceeded expectations opposed to de Boer.
only issue is that he tagged Gresham that day.

Main ball user?

So far this season Ross has a few extra disposals, but Gresham has more contested possessions and way more goals.
He still had 12 contested possessions and 4 clearances against GWS, so not sure how successful the tag was. He did remain goalless i suppose.
( Seb had 11 and 9 and kicked a behind ).

Oct 2, 2010
AFL Club
St Kilda
Main ball user?

So far this season Ross has a few extra disposals, but Gresham has more contested possessions and way more goals.
He still had 12 contested possessions and 4 clearances against GWS, so not sure how successful the tag was. He did remain goalless i suppose.
Gresh only used it at about 30% that bad. Probably the worst game he has played.

majortinkle

Premiership Player
Jul 21, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
That GWS think Gresham is more creative and influential than Seb Ross?
Main ball user?

That unlike other teams our leading disposal winner isn't seen as a threat to tag was where I was going....was easy for the writer to name the other teams tagged players, but not ours.....it's not the greatest point i've ever raised I'll grant you - I guess you had to be there....as in, in my head....

seen some absolutely vile **** on social media about one of our players. which i do not want to repeat dude to the defamatory nature of it and the affect it may have on people. i hope the club has seen it and steps in.

If its the one i heard, its something recycled from a couple of years ago ( never substantiated ) with a new name added.

I was hoping someone would have a crack at naming them!

I reckon the bald head at the back obscured is Stewie, Danny Frawley up the back left, Jack Daniels far right, Lazar Vidovic up the back 4 in from the left. Winmar 6 in from front right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back