News 2019 St Kilda Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
By joves i think you have nailed it Sunny!
For once there has been a distinct lack of bullshit spin coming out
about false promises and or becoming leaders in off field issues!
Which in itself is most amusing!

Just old fashioned rhetoric about some home truths being finally delivered to a fickle and spoilt team unit
From the top to bottom! And also some refreshing honesty
on what had previously been a sadly deluded admin fixated on taking their eye off the ball
by healing the worlds woes!

Edit I was so impressed by you Sunny, that i needed to repeat your shining truth twice! :moustache:
But I can only “like” you once.

Yeah so what about the ad? I reckon everyone on this forum lives and dies by the Saints.
Its a non negotiable.

Time for us all to Testify Joffa brother all from the same hymn book! :handwaving:
All those pesky agenda's that seem to test your patience all rolled into one
glorious number! Join in Oh when the.........
Only then can we achieve salvation! :smirk:

Now like my post Mofo!
Before all my insecure agendas kick in, and i completely lose my s**t! :p

I think the Pelican must have had a brain aneurysm at some point. He lists the 2022 list as being 17th.. sorry but even if we are stock full of average players (Which we arent) then at some point those players will mature into an average team and sit in the middle of the ladder. It makes no sense logically on top of being terrible list analysis.
I think the section from cds prospectus on our list agrees with you and then some. I thought it was probably the most positive write up on our list I’ve seen from a neutral after last year and as it’s based solely on stats it gave me a lot of confidence- here it is:
FE9A503D-CF1D-448C-8420-49AA1DC3C617.jpeg

I think the section from cds prospectus on our list agrees with you and then some. I thought it was probably the most positive write up on our list I’ve seen from a neutral after last year and as it’s based solely on stats it gave me a lot of confidence- here it is:
View attachment 621127
How did Sinclair 'perform above expectation last season' if he went from being rated Elite to being Above average. Their stats are telling us his season wasn't as good as 2017.

How did Sinclair 'perform above expectation last season' if he went from being rated Elite to being Above average. Their stats are telling us his season wasn't as good as 2017.

He might have performed as expected which was equal to his last season but had more competition in his position so dropped from elite compared to his peers.
Calling him our only "elite" player last year was more of an anomaly. I think it depends on the position they rate you in, last year he was considered wingman.

The expectation piece takes into account age - so he did better than a 24 year old but in 17 he was in top 10% overall and in 18 he was only in top 35%

McKenzie rated above Membrey, Savage above Steven, Marshall below expectations.
You know it makes sense.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

McKenzie rated above Membrey, Savage above Steven, Marshall below expectations.
You know it makes sense.
It’s based on statistics rather than eye test so it does throw up some anomaly’s- it doesn’t ignore membrey’s yips as we do, and it rates disposal effectiveness in a different way than we do so McKenzie gets a lift statistically where he gets a pasting from the forum. It’s the same data the club uses so let’s hope it’s not too bad

He was a smart crook as well because he knew how desperate we were and took full advantage of it.

I’ll admit, I was a pelican disciple for a while there. I thought his all powerful spreadsheet held all the answers, believed that he was anointed by Yabby to lead us to the promised land again.

That’s the problem for us rusted on fans with re-builds like this. We actually (at least for a while) BELIEVE all the bullshit we are being fed from the club because we love it and we want to have hope....that’s really all you have when you follow us.

That’s why this pre-season, I’m not reading anything coming out of the club, from yet another Richo pre-season “awakening” (after his Harvard, yoga and All-Blacks ones) to “Paddy is flying”.

This year is all about results. We talk way too much and it is getting boring.
Thing is that on paper the plan made perfect sense. We had a very aging list that was on the verge of crapping out (2013 was an awful awful year if people haven't forgotten, worse in my opinion then 2014 was) You increase your draft picks by 50% in the first 3 rounds to bring in the numbers to ensure you have enough come good.

The issue comes more in the exact time we started. We gave up Goddard at a bad time (the 2012 draft was both compromised and pretty poor anyway). Had he gone in 2013 for example we would have netted a much better pick for him which had we traded down would have provided picks in a much stronger draft.

To be honest, I dont think we really know yet if its even worked or if weve gone off the plan enough where it doesnt matter anyway (Carlisle and Gresh for pick 5 was a masterstroke that Pelchen spoke up against). As that Champion Data says, our list demographic is still not mature. I guess just need more patience...

Interesting article on the cho regarding last years disaster. It seems he lost the players even more than i thought Dont know how to add a link. So the link crew get cracking.

Interesting article on the cho regarding last years disaster. It seems he lost the players even more than i thought Dont know how to add a link. So the link crew get cracking.
Might help if you point us in the right direction

Lost them so much, they all asked to be traded if he wasnt sacked

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

The ugly truth was in yesterday’s Hun.
You need to get out more.
Agenda and ignorance is a dangerous combination.

Tigers did exactly the same with Hardwick.

Apparently coaches are infallible and cant improve. It is sad that this is the mentality of some.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back