Status
Not open for further replies.

Groater

Club Legend
Jul 29, 2006
Bayside
AFL Club
St Kilda
I think acquired brain injuries would be viewed as a special case, particularly given the publicly around it. Something will happen eventually so we may as well be the first to ask.

Not to make light of what is a very serious topic, but I'm starting to think that following the saints is a form of acquired brain injury

Drake Huggins

Club Legend
May 2, 2018
The ghost of the G.G. Huggins Stand
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Stoke City, Southampton.
News that Paddy intends to play on at the club's urging have just reached the legal fraternity. Information caravans from Maurice Blackburn, Slater and Gordon and Shine Lawyers have been seen setting up in Linton Street. Erin Brockovich is making a special guest appearance at training.

Sir Skid

Just one Kegs lady boys!
10k Posts BeanCoiNFT Investor Ex-Moderator St Kilda - Nathan Freeman Player Sponsor 2016
Nov 30, 2012
Behind you
AFL Club
St Kilda
News that Paddy intends to play on at the club's urging have just reached the legal fraternity. Information caravans from Maurice Blackburn, Slater and Gordon and Shine Lawyers have been seen setting up in Linton Street. Erin Brockovich is making a special guest appearance at training.
3 new billboards going up out the front of RSEA park as we speak.

VDS66

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 4, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Players have died before, the fella from the Dees in the Tsunami and the Port player in the US... neither club received compensation to my recollection. SO even there I don't think there's grounds for a PP. I'm not into it personally, let's just take it on the chin and move on.
Like I said, maybe.

There's an assumed risk for a kid playing sport and an assumed risk for a club selecting a kid.

If Paddy was a pick 40, I doubt we'd be having this discussion.

I don't think anyone has raised it for Robbo, who is 100 times a better player.

As mentioned, I reckon we need a mid year draft for injuries. Club can either top up for immediate needs or pick for the future.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apparently he wasn’t working with Membrey last year.

You’re right. It said he’s working with him this year, but I think he’s doing ok without him.

Dec 4, 2000
The Bay
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
NO Saints LUFC
Like I said, maybe.

There's an assumed risk for a kid playing sport and an assumed risk for a club selecting a kid.

If Paddy was a pick 40, I doubt we'd be having this discussion.

I don't think anyone has raised it for Robbo, who is 100 times a better player.

As mentioned, I reckon we need a mid year draft for injuries. Club can either top up for immediate needs or pick for the future.
Dees got a player for Broadbridge the guy killed in the tsunami.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Oct 25, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
Not to make light of what is a very serious topic, but I'm starting to think that following the saints is a form of acquired brain injury
Criminals should be made to serve their community service barracking for the Saints.
Now that's some bonifide friggin punishment there.......scare anyone straight.

Drake Huggins

Club Legend
May 2, 2018
The ghost of the G.G. Huggins Stand
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Stoke City, Southampton.
Criminals should be made to serve their community service barracking for the Saints.
Now that's some bonifide friggin punishment there.......scare anyone straight.

I doubt you'll get that up. The UN would step in. Cruel and unusual punishment as well as torture are forbidden under the Human Rights charter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back