News 2019 St Kilda Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goddard on Open Mike tonight.
Just watched the episode and really felt sorry for Goddard. From his version of the story, you can say He was treated badly by watters and pelchen. No wonder both of them were sacked.
Ok I do still have very warm feelings for the big lummox. So close to becoming immortal.

Sliding doors moment.

He didnt look too positive but I still have tiny hope.

Hope that he does the right thing for himself.

There is no way he should be coming back to play. Still suffering effects after what looked like a pretty innocuous bump. The writing is on the wall sadly, and if I was his parent I would be pushing him to give it away.

I wonder how Battle is doing after poleaxing Fyfe with his head. He also had a pretty bad concussion towards the end of last season if I recall correctly.

Holy crap. Still feeling effects. Yowza!

Give it away Paddy

It's all very sad...…...in my mind....Paddy's career was over after the last head knock.....number 8.

When Lether's said he ran into Paddy at RSEA 5 days after that knock and Paddy was still feeling it I thought.....all over red rover.

It must be an incredibly hard thing for Paddy to realize/come to terms with that all these years of footy have come to a close.

But his alarm bells must now be ring very loud and very clear.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's all very sad...…...in my mind....Paddy's career was over after the last head knock.....number 8.

When Lether's said he ran into Paddy at RSEA 5 days after that knock and Paddy was still feeling it I thought.....all over red rover.

It must be an incredibly hard thing for Paddy to realize/come to terms with that all these years of footy have come to a close.

But his alarm bells must now be ring very loud and very clear.
Sadly there are none more blind than those who do not wish to see.

Only offering a captain in waiting and star of the comp $520k is a joke. I can understand letting Dal go but BJ should’ve been a 300 game St Kilda legend. Disappointing.
Sadly that kind of disloyalty back from the club could still bite us on the arse
When Billings and Co make their decisions!

Hard to be a Righteous Saints fan when you think about quite a few big names over the years
That have been mistreated which has contributed to us also having a high number leave the club when
They were so important to our spirit and soul!
Feels like it's a lot higher than most clubs without knowing the full facts!
Not saying this just to pot the club, but more in search for some reasons why our culture has been perceived to be so poor over the journey!

Just watched the episode and really felt sorry for Goddard. From his version of the story, you can say He was treated badly by watters and pelchen. No wonder both of them were sacked.

Another piece of genius from the Pelican. Right up there with trading out McEvoy and Stanley. What do we need now?. Oh that's right, ruckmen. Our two are now working for the enemy. The number ones in finals teams, while we lurch on with Longer and Pierce.

What did the genius Trout get in return? Dunstan, Savage and Hugh Goddard. Hot dog! Those two dickheads did unimaginable damage. At least Satan saw straight through Elshaug, recognised the incompetence and sacked him.

Some idiots on here still blame Bevo and John Peake. Peake was so bad, Geelong poached him back in his last year with us. How have they gone since? One premiership and seven out of eight finals series. What a dud. And did I mention he helped build Geelong's triple premiership dynasty.? As time goes on, the legacy of those two clowns continues to hurt us. Thank goodness Elshaug is back where he belongs. The doping, salary cap cheating, St. Kilda haters. He was one originally. Good riddance.

Last edited:
This is why the alignment with Sandringham will never be a sucess, when a St Kilda/Sandringham supporter in Gerry Ryan cant even bring himself to see the VFL team play in a predominant Saints jumper.

https://outline.com/TscLKD

The question needs to be asked again why the Saints dont have their own VFL side?

At least Tom Hickey and Spencer White were an upgrade on him. Good old Pelican, he was a genius.
In his own mind, anyway. FIGJAM of the highest order. See how clubs were crawling over each other to employ them? I Oh wait a minute......

Last edited:
This is why the alignment with Sandringham will never be a sucess, when a St Kilda/Sandringham supporter in Gerry Ryan cant even bring himself to see the VFL team play in a predominant Saints jumper.

The question needs to be asked again why the Saints dont have their own VFL side?
$$$

It is a terrible design. The token 'Sandy' looks cheap.

I understand the need for a clash though.
I was at the game vs Richmond last season when the Zebs had to change jumpers halfway throguh the game as it looked too similar to the Tigers clash jumper.

Maybe some red, white and black stripes would have been better ? The Moorabbin jumper we wore against Brisbane last year would be perfect.

Because he thinks a shirt design is bad?

He says he’s happy with the concept...

It’s hard to argue with him. Someone’s nephew must have designed it - it’s a shocker

He didnt look too positive but I still have tiny hope.
Same here, but it looks very slim.

Has to come back, get fit, then find form which has been sketchy anyway then play a large block of games without another concussion.

Will probably wont make it. That's without knowing any medical prognosis at all.

Thats an offer designed to produce a result. Go away BJ. What effin kents
Its F###ing shocking and i know Dal was treated the same way and did not want to go

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back