News 2019 St Kilda Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We still need some silk in the middle. Coffield should help in this regard if he steps up, but I see him as more a runner than a central node.

Dan Hann would have been perfect. Hopefully he still will be eventually.

I don't know if our midfield is that slow, ross has been getting on his bike, sinclair's pretty nippy, gresh doesn't mess around, hunter's no plodder.. people even say billings is quick, which he's not, but he's not slow. It really depends who we're running with, namely Dunstan.

You read some articles and they say we're quick, then other people saying we're slow. I think we're in between.

we've got a lot of pace ahead of the ball, and hind wont play for sandy long, parker looks more like a winger to me too..

I think we're going alright. What we need most is an inside bull. Could that be Constable? Hopper? Will steal put on another 5 kgs next pre season and step up?
I think we need both. We need a Jack Steven replacement quickly (he’s 29 already) and an inside bull. Big yes to Jones from me if he’s available.

Robbo likes us. Refreshing. Says more than reasonable things. Not overboard, but honest. Bringing balance to what has been a lop-sided media landscape against the Saints. In my view......

Edit...Was just on 360 talking about Richo.....team effort he reckons.

Last edited:

I think we need both. We need a Jack Steven replacement quickly (he’s 29 already) and an inside bull. Big yes to Jones from me if he’s available.
We need to keep Steven and get another good mid , Jones or whoever , there are a lot of off contact mids at GWS - Kelly , Hopper , Coniglio

What a bunch of campaigners the folks at the AFL site are. Pencildick Twomey making a podcast just to remind everyone that even though we haven't needed Dan Hann so far, the deal for him hasn't borne instant fruit. Who cares that we got him for 5 years, we must have clearly not done due diligence because we spent a lot of money and he's not recovered instantly.

Maybe it was a bad deal maybe it wasn't but do you think bitter **** like Twomey and Barrett would let us just get on with it without having to kick us?

Sod em, don't need their help. Let 'em keep crying as we keep climbing. ******* grubs.

What a bunch of campaigners the folks at the AFL site are. Pencildick Twomey making a podcast just to remind everyone that even though we haven't needed Dan Hann so far, the deal for him hasn't borne instant fruit. Who cares that we got him for 5 years, we must have clearly not done due diligence because we spent a lot of money and he's not recovered instantly.

Just saw that on the AFL site.

First reaction was....WTF...…...the media just won't let that subject go.

Maybe yesterday was a quiet day at AFL media dept.

The headline is..."Has Saints' surprise start papered over the Hannebery deal ? "

I'm hoping like hell that Hanner's gets out there at some point and rips them a beauty.

We need to keep Steven and get another good mid , Jones or whoever , there are a lot of off contact mids at GWS - Kelly , Hopper , Coniglio

Unless Gubby pulls a rabbit out of the hat, don't count on getting any of the GWS stars.

Mostly likely the best he'll do is pull a hare out of his backside with Jones.

Now there's a joke and a pun in that last sentence.

Roo on AFL 360....” The Saints have been brilliant in terms of their effort....
I’m really proud of the boys, you can see the love they have for each other.”

Jeez, I miss the big Roo ❤️

So OTC, all the teams 3 and 1 get high praise.
Roos say Saints are honest and probably can't play much better. Only won because of Hawthorn injuries.
Brown asks if they underrate the players and Roos umms and ahhs

Feck these arses, no respect, just constant bagging.
Saint have embarrassed these clowns and they dont like it.
The total disrespect for Saints is just pathetic.
Impartial journalists.... pfttt

Maybe it was a bad deal maybe it wasn't but do you think bitter **** like Twomey and Barrett would let us just get on with it without having to kick us?

Sod em, don't need their help. Let 'em keep crying as we keep climbing. ******* grubs.

Cal holds a grudge ..we beat his injectors enough said I think .

That must be the first non Essendon piece by that k nob Twomey.

The total disrespect for Saints is just pathetic.
Impartial journalists.... pfttt

TBH we haven’t exactly demanded respect recently.
Keep winning, or at least showing the effort and spirit we have, and that will change.

Having said that, Robbo and Sam McClure on SEN in the past day or two have been giving us a good rap. There are some who will never give us the time of day, however.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

TBH we haven’t exactly demanded respect recently.
Keep winning, or at least showing the effort and spirit we have, and that will change.

Having said that, Robbo and Sam McClure on SEN in the past day or two have been giving us a good rap. There are some who will never give us the time of day, however.
Well said

Do we seriously need validation from the media?

Let our footy do the talking.
Yep, I watch or listen to various footy commentary. I’d like something other than derision, put downs and the usual muckraking. Whether that is sad or not, it would add to my general football experience. Doesn’t need to be congratulatory or even positive.

Yep, I watch or listen to various footy commentary. I’d like something other than derision, put downs and the usual muckraking. Whether that is sad or not, it would add to my general football experience. Doesn’t need to be congratulatory or even positive.

Fair enough.

I'm the opposite these days and rarely watch TV or listen to SEN.

I've got enough issues to get angry about without having a bunch of Muppet's add fuel to the fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back