News 2019 St Kilda Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw this and it was way to funny not to post

With little success on the field, St Kilda footballers decided to savour the other joys of being part of a football club. Specifically, heavy drinking. As a consequence, Saints players often found themselves spending the night in a prison cell or turning up to training thinking the winter sun was far too bright. On once occasion, the Saints had to forfeit a game as the players took themselves off to the racetrack instead.

Having trouble finding out exactly which game this is, but no doubt it's not too far away.

Saints would be very keen for Longy to play, so if he is dropped this week they'll be hoping he smashes it at Sandy and comes straight back in

Great jumper by the way

Having trouble finding out exactly which game this is, but no doubt it's not too far away.

Saints would be very keen for Longy to play, so if he is dropped this week they'll be hoping he smashes it at Sandy and comes straight back in

Great jumper by the way

I thought it was against Carlton but that's a home game and they are wearing white shorts?

Longy speaks really well. My cousin is indigenous and I think he's been so removed from his culture and people he'd be like Gresh at the start of that clip looking like he was a christian at a synagogue with the smoke ceremony. The reconciliation stuff would be massively meaningful though, there is still a lot of hurt people out there and while some might call it tokenism, but it means a lot to anyone that has the heritage. It's a good message we have tied into as well with acceptance and getting around everyone. I like it.

Good to see Gilly and Nicky back at Moorabin any chance we can too. Allan Murray looks like he's earning his pay, good to see the club embrace that legacy those guys started as well. It's a famous moment in footy but was a huge momentum swing in Australian indigenous affairs too. It's amazing how one small instinctive act can cause waves. Nicky Winmar is a softly spoken shy guy and would never seek the stage but his small act of defiance was huge.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who wants to outline the Hannebery article on superfooty?
Hannebery set for major Saints milestone
– Jon Ralph
St Kilda's boom recruit Dan Hannebery will join the main training group this week in a major step forward in his comeback from injury.
Hannebery, who joined the Saints from Sydney on a five-year deal, has battled hamstring and calf problems in a frustrating first season at his new club.
But the three-time All-Australian midfielder is set to take part in the main session on Thursday as he looks to a return to the field, most likely after the mid-season bye.
In further positive news for the Saints, defender Jake Carlisle is running strongly after back surgery and is about 5-6 weeks away from a return

Longy speaks really well. My cousin is indigenous and I think he's been so removed from his culture and people he'd be like Gresh at the start of that clip looking like he was a christian at a synagogue with the smoke ceremony. The reconciliation stuff would be massively meaningful though, there is still a lot of hurt people out there and while some might call it tokenism, but it means a lot to anyone that has the heritage. It's a good message we have tied into as well with acceptance and getting around everyone. I like it.

Good to see Gilly and Nicky back at Moorabin any chance we can too. Allan Murray looks like he's earning his pay, good to see the club embrace that legacy those guys started as well. It's a famous moment in footy but was a huge momentum swing in Australian indigenous affairs too. It's amazing how one small instinctive act can cause waves. Nicky Winmar is a softly spoken shy guy and would never seek the stage but his small act of defiance was huge.
One of the best days at the footy ever when we beat those dirty spitting pigs on their own dung heap , the best was to come when nicky pulled up the jumper and stuck it up them

Great words Gringo. I have been a critic in the past of modern St Kilda's reluctance to draft indigenous players so I have to give them credit for their efforts here.

Re-strengthening Nicky's connection to our club was the start, getting Gil McAdam involved is awesome to and bringing Murray back into the club on a mission to help our young guys, guys like he himself was not so long ago, the Saints have done really well here. Robbie Young was involved in a bit of that type of thing at his last club and seems mature. Ben Long and Matt Parker are great examples to young indigenous players for different reasons, Maybe Parker's self-starter life 180° is the most powerful example of all.

And great guernsey too, hope it proves to be a winning top.

One of the best days at the footy ever when we beat those dirty spitting pigs on their own dung heap , the best was to come when nicky pulled up the jumper and stuck it up them
I was sitting in the Collingwood members area on the wing, not far from the pocket where Nicky pulled his jumper..

I've never felt so intimated in my life. I was 13 yrs old and remember standing up and clapping Nicky only for 3 adult men (pies supporters)behind me who were literally about to kill me. I remember my pies supporting Mate's Dad telling me to sit down otherwise something will violently happen.. I will never forget that day and my undying love for the saints and Nicky just grew from there.

Some other mob were saying Long out , Young in

Get them in: It was no surprise to see Hunter Clark star with 28 disposals for Sandringham, while Jonathon Marsh was dominant down back. With kicking a problem for the Saints, Brandon White and Nick Hind continue to shine. Robbie Young offered pressure and snapped a brilliant goal.

Under the pump: Up forward, Ben Long is likely to be dropped, while Matt Parker is hanging on to his spot.

Medical room: Wingman Jack Newnes missed the main training session last week and was quiet in the loss to West Coast last Saturday. The Saints will want him in better nick against Collingwood. Jimmy Webster has a sore left hand but he should be right.

Verdict: Young to debut in place of Long. - Dinny Navaratnam

Get them in: It was no surprise to see Hunter Clark star with 28 disposals for Sandringham, while Jonathon Marsh was dominant down back. With kicking a problem for the Saints, Brandon White and Nick Hind continue to shine. Robbie Young offered pressure and snapped a brilliant goal.

Under the pump: Up forward, Ben Long is likely to be dropped, while Matt Parker is hanging on to his spot.

Medical room: Wingman Jack Newnes missed the main training session last week and was quiet in the loss to West Coast last Saturday. The Saints will want him in better nick against Collingwood. Jimmy Webster has a sore left hand but he should be right.

Verdict: Young to debut in place of Long. - Dinny Navaratnam
I would be shocked if Young plays - White for me if only one change

I would be shocked if Young plays - White for me if only one change
Hes been playing very well according to Hamill

Brandon White
25 disposals, 21 kicks, 11 marks

“He’s knocking at the door I would have thought for AFL selection. He’s very good in the air, very good with our system and structure and we love what he does with the footy. He’s a competent player, Whitey, and I’m pretty bullish on him playing AFL.”

Here's what he had to say about Young, i like the last sentence :D

Robbie Young
12 disposals, six tackles, one goal

“Some of Youngy’s positioning around front line and front of square was really good. His pressure was outstanding based on our backs being able to cover the outlets, so I thought he was really good, Youngy. He hits to hurt and he plays strong, good footy.”

Wingman Jack Newnes missed the main training session last week and was quiet in the loss to West Coast last Saturday.

Yet another occasion where we played an unfit player and surprise surprise they didn't perform well. Same as Brucey a couple of weeks ago. Richo really loves playing unfit guys and crossing his fingers.

Yet another occasion where we played an unfit player and surprise surprise they didn't perform well. Same as Brucey a couple of weeks ago. Richo really loves playing unfit guys and crossing his fingers.

Shouldn’t be happening when we do actually have some depth to cover.

Shouldn’t be happening when we do actually have some depth to cover.
Every single team would be putting players out on the field that are not 100% fit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back