St Kilda
Other Teams
NO Saints LUFC

VDS66

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 4, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Burkey currently coaches my niece in the Vic Metro team and from all reports practices what he preaches.

From what I've heard, the girls love him and so do the parents.
Yep. He also does a fair bit of leadership consultancy in the corporate sphere.

Might have been a cryptic warning for the club to not hire Lyon...

Last edited:

Saintbloke

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 26, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
Let's put the whole Watters business to rest- too many egos were involved on and off the field. We should now hope that Ratts gets the gig and we move into a new era of success that all the coaches after Jeans couldn't get(premierships)- though if there was a Cooda-been champions comp, the Saints would have multiple flags :)

nitewalker13

Club Legend
Jun 9, 2014
AFL Club
St Kilda
20190803_165415.jpg

austinnn

Veteran GOP
Nov 7, 2012
France
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Bristol City FC, Urawa Red Diamonds FC
Apparently Malthouse told him to go in hard and assert himself. Malthouse is a campaigner so probably just for his own amusement.
You've got to wonder about the Collingwood coaching team in 2010: Malthouse, Buckley, Neeld, Watters and Hudgeton IIRC.

Max must have come home with a headache every day working with those fruitcakes. How the hell did they get one over us?

Sep 25, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
After hearing his interview i'm as impressed with Richo as i've ever been.
He's all class.

Yup. Doesnt shy away from mistakes, happy that him leaving has led to better form, moments where he still references 'us' and 'we' lol, etc.

Just all class. Wish him well for the future.

Link below for anyone interested.

Last edited:
Good read. Such a reliable player and so composed, always makes the right decisions. Hard to believe it's his first year and still only 22, would be great to see him hopefully one day reach similar heights as Tom Stewart.

He didn't play so well against the Crows :(

Jan 10, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Ormond AFC
Better hurry - Stevens is already there.
I have no idea why you even thinking it’s funny with baiting me about calling him Stevens. Says more about as a pathetic supporter than anything else. Tell us a bit more about your reading up of mental health. Even you must understand you need education on it.

I found Richo's comments on Stuv very startling.

I must have missed the media talk late last year on Stuv wanting to go to Geelong.

Richo confirmed that Stuv wanted out and Richo blocked it.

It was widely reported that the two had a "robust" conversation in the exit interviews at seasons end.

Given Richo's comments....I'll now be very surprised if he stays.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back