Memberships 2019 St.Kilda Membership Thread (FINAL TALLY 42,910)

Remove this Banner Ad

fans are worthless. Supporters aren’t. There’s a difference and pining over those with a casual interest at best is a waste of time.
i wouldnt say its a waste of time ... in my group i know many a member who started off just as a casual interest type fan ... over time and with some work they became some of the most dedicated fans i know ...
i think when its done properly you can grow members from fans and still keep the current members engaged as well.. really as good as any marketing is following your friends and peers is a powerful thing so if we can get our members being happy about being members and sharing that happiness with the "fans" the growth can be decent

fans are worthless. Supporters aren’t. There’s a difference and pining over those with a casual interest at best is a waste of time.

Wrong. Even the most casual fan is capable of further amplifying the joy and pride during the moments of triumph and is at the very least one fan less for the opposition.

Wrong. Even the most casual fan is capable of further amplifying the joy and pride during the moments of triumph and is at the very least one fan less for the opposition.

My best memory of watching the Saints was the Troy Schwartz v Brisbane game in 2004. The walls sounded like they were shaking the crowd was so loud. Having full stadiums that are mostly your own fans makes for a special atmosphere even if they don't buy memberships.

My best memory of watching the Saints was the Troy Schwartz v Brisbane game in 2004. The walls sounded like they were shaking the crowd was so loud. Having full stadiums that are mostly your own fans makes for a special atmosphere even if they don't buy memberships.

That was one of the games I was lucky enough to be there live. Could definitely feel it through the concrete, it was something else. Unbelievable.

i wouldnt say its a waste of time ... in my group i know many a member who started off just as a casual interest type fan ... over time and with some work they became some of the most dedicated fans i know ...
That's fair, absolutely. I'm talking about the people who have picked a team simply because they need to have a team. The people who don't pay any attention no matter what is happening. The ones that might watch a bit of the Grand Final, regardless of who is involved. I'd be curious to know how many are fans that will support the team (go to games, memberships) when the team is up and about, and how many are just fans who pick the Saints because they were good in 2009 or 1997. The people who pick the Saints as a team with no other interest or affiliation with the AFL are worthless and won't change.

Was going through some old boxes on the weekend* when I found these old membership cards. I have a few others but unfortunately far from a full set...

*NO. I WAS NOT KONDO-ING, BUT IF I EVER DID THAT, THESE WOULD TOTALLY SPARK JOY. 20190120_160600.jpg

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Was going through some old boxes on the weekend* when I found these old membership cards. I have a few others but unfortunately far from a full set...

*NO. I WAS NOT KONDO-ING, BUT IF I EVER DID THAT, THESE WOULD TOTALLY SPARK JOY. View attachment 610745

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app
xNvcJ7t.jpg

My full set sans 2019. The coach signed 2016.

Last edited:
My Richmond mates all went nuts and bought memberships when they won the flag. One is an AFL member and hadn't bothered for years and he's now got a family membership and enough merchandise to fill a room.
I truly believe that we we do eventually will the cup......our money issues will quickly disappear.

Don't underestimate the effect that winning a flag will do for the club financially......it will be absolutely gigantic.

That was one of the reasons I was praying for us to win the 2009 or 2010 flag...we won neither and we know how we have travelled financially from then to now...…...it's very slowly getting better but it's been a tough slow grind.

I'll never forget when a lady who I used to work with and who's closely connected to the dogs....telling me that they did $1 MILL in merch sales at Whitten oval the day after they won the flag.

I truly believe that we we do eventually will the cup......our money issues will quickly disappear.

Don't underestimate the effect that winning a flag will do for the club financially......it will be absolutely gigantic.

That was one of the reasons I was praying for us to win the 2009 or 2010 flag...we won neither and we know how we have travelled financially from then to now...…...it's very slowly getting better but it's been a tough slow grind.

I'll never forget when a lady who I used to work with and who's closely connected to the dogs....telling me that they did $1 MILL in merch sales at Whitten oval the day after they won the flag.

COuldnt agree more. An ex-Club employee once told me that playng in multiple GFs without winning is a perfect storm .It actually costs money to play in them (corporate functions the Club host etc) and if you lose you see very little of the $ back. 3 in two years? Perfect storm indeed

I got some great news a couple days ago . Saint Batty has once again paid for my membership to the Saints for the 2019 season . It was totally unexpected but so exciting . I will get to see another season of footy , hopefully better than last year .

Saint Batty is a pure Legend.

Don’t Panic !!

My membership stuff came . I really like the Saints scarf . I think it’s great that they do different ones each year and you get a free one as a member .
I like the season ticket too , remember when it was just cardboard years ago , it was so hard to keep dry lol .

Don’t Panic !!

My membership stuff came . I really like the Saints scarf . I think it’s great that they do different ones each year and you get a free one as a member .
I like the season ticket too , remember when it was just cardboard years ago , it was so hard to keep dry lol .

Don’t Panic !!

How long ago were they cardboard? I remember by the mid 90s they had plastic already and they'd snip a bit out with a punch as you went in the gate. By the end of the season they were serrated like a bread knife. You could half remove a finger digging for beer change.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How long ago were they cardboard? I remember by the mid 90s they had plastic already and they'd snip a bit out with a punch as you went in the gate. By the end of the season they were serrated like a bread knife. You could half remove a finger digging for beer change.

I think going back to the 70’s they were cardboard . Think they changed in the 80’s to the ones you mentioned. I remember I cut my fingers so many times getting the plastic one out of my pocket , it never mattered which way you tried to get it out , it always shredded your fingers lol .

I’m just trying to remember the cardboard ones , I’m thinking maybe it wasn’t cardboard but something else like that . I might have to do some research as my memory isn’t great lol.

Don’t Panic !!

I think going back to the 70’s they were cardboard . Think they changed in the 80’s to the ones you mentioned. I remember I cut my fingers so many times getting the plastic one out of my pocket , it never mattered which way you tried to get it out , it always shredded your fingers lol .

I’m just trying to remember the cardboard ones , I’m thinking maybe it wasn’t cardboard but something else like that . I might have to do some research as my memory isn’t great lol.

Don’t Panic !!

I didn't buy a membership until the SOS campaign in the 90s so don't know what they had before. I used to have a few old cards, I should get up in the attic and look for them. I can't even remember how the tickets worked in the old days, I have a memory of those little paper Admit One tickets from a booth but no strong memory of it.

I didn't buy a membership until the SOS campaign in the 90s so don't know what they had before. I used to have a few old cards, I should get up in the attic and look for them. I can't even remember how the tickets worked in the old days, I have a memory of those little paper Admit One tickets from a booth but no strong memory of it.

They used to punch a hole through each game like the plastic ones but by about half way through the season they were wrecked either by the rain or the washing machine lol.

Don’t Panic !!

Okay, you’re stretching the memory here but....
My memory is of a cardboard (or similar) “booklet” that folded out.
Folded it was roughly 50mm wide by 75mm long.
There were 18 points around the booklet for “clipping” (membership gave entry to all games) plus four extra for the finals (1st semi, 2nd semi, prelim and gf).
The outside was in club colours plus logo.
For us, mostly black background.
If anyone has a better memory on this, I’ll readily go with them.

Okay, you’re stretching the memory here but....
My memory is of a cardboard (or similar) “booklet” that folded out.
Folded it was roughly 50mm wide by 75mm long.
There were 18 points around the booklet for “clipping” (membership gave entry to all games) plus four extra for the finals (1st semi, 2nd semi, prelim and gf).
The outside was in club colours plus logo.
For us, mostly black background.
If anyone has a better memory on this, I’ll readily go with them.
I’m thinking the entry to all games might have been restricted to children memberships.

I’m thinking the entry to all games might have been restricted to children memberships.

Drake agrees that they used to be cardboard. I have a funny feeling that they used to have all 18 games on the card but you only got in for free for 9 . I think you got in a couple bucks cheaper with the membership card at away games . Does that ring a bell with anyone?
But you could get all games clicked out if you went o the away games . Most years I remember we usually only missed the Geelong game and sometimes Victoria Park as well . I think we went to all the others , just a shame we usually lost most of the time . Still , lots of great memories.

Don’t Panic !!

Unless im blind my membership pack came with everything except a membership card. . . Scarf, pin, bag, bumper stickers and lanyard

Attachments

• 15499632509784160489364505194732.jpg
    15499632509784160489364505194732.jpg
    259 KB · Views: 131
Unless im blind my membership pack came with everything except a membership card. . . Scarf, pin, bag, bumper stickers and lanyard

Usually comes separately and before the pack.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back