Memberships 2019 St.Kilda Membership Thread (FINAL TALLY 42,910)

I got this exact same deal last year, and then opted out before it rolled over for this year. Waited out. Bided my time. Then got it again today. If money is such an issue, just be shrewd about it!

The other issue is they tried rolling over for the complete home game payment (forget what it was), when at the time I had been on three game memberships for years so it didn't really suit me.

Such a good deal though!

Every year they have these deals and I wish I'd done what you do. The tight arse in me wants to save money but then I just have to remember it's like a donation.

St Neil

Premiership Player
Aug 14, 2016
Aspendale Gardens
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Blackpool
The risk with an offer like this is loyal members who pay their hard earned get offended. I understand the reasons for doing it but it’s risky, especially if results in 2019 don’t improve significantly.

The hope is people who have missed out on the deal will have either forgiven or forgotten by next year. Wins and the hope of success can be a great tonic.

I’d like to see the club do something extra for loyal members who roll their memberships over and don’t need special deals to join. Nothing big but something tangible that says ‘thank you, we value you’. The little things do matter.

The risk with an offer like this is loyal members who pay their hard earned get offended. I understand the reasons for doing it but it’s risky, especially if results in 2019 don’t improve significantly.

The hope is people who have missed out on the deal will have either forgiven or forgotten by next year. Wins and the hope of success can be a great tonic.

I’d like to see the club do something extra for loyal members who roll their memberships over and don’t need special deals to join. Nothing big but something tangible that says ‘thank you, we value you’. The little things do matter.
Not really. Loyal supporters get access to behind the scenes club related stuff throughout the year.

I get what you're saying but the club is definitely aware of it and does try and please all supporters.

Drake Huggins

Club Legend
May 2, 2018
The ghost of the G.G. Huggins Stand
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Stoke City, Southampton.
Every year they have these deals and I wish I'd done what you do. The tight arse in me wants to save money but then I just have to remember it's like a donation.

I think it was a great way to boost numbers and snare a few new members. My wife had been threatening to join for years, but couldn't see the value as we spend most of our time in Paynesville. This was the perfect way to lure her in, as three games a year is her limit. The bonus is she has no excuse to stop me dragging her to more now. Rest assured, I'll be roping her into a full membership next year. It'll be her birthday present. This year I got her a new circular saw and a ride on mower. She was so grateful, she broke down in tears.

I think it was a great way to boost numbers and snare a few new members. My wife had been threatening to join for years, but couldn't see the value as we spend most of our time in Paynesville. This was the perfect way to lure her in, as three games a year is her limit. The bonus is she has no excuse to stop me dragging her to more now. Rest assured, I'll be roping her into a full membership next year. It'll be her birthday present. This year I got her a new circular saw and a ride on mower. She was so grateful, she broke down in tears.
Thanks for the laugh

Not really. Loyal supporters get access to behind the scenes club related stuff throughout the year.

I get what you're saying but the club is definitely aware of it and does try and please all supporters.

“Ask not what your club can do for you, but what you can do...” etc etc
(now where have I heard that before?)

Seriously, all I want from the club is one bloody premiership to go with the annual scarf...it’s not too much to ask for, is it?

:rolleyes:

“Ask not what your club can do for you, but what you can do...” etc etc
(now where have I heard that before?)

Seriously, all I want from the club is one bloody premiership to go with the annual scarf...it’s not too much to ask for, is it?

:rolleyes:
Our problem is that we've got too many members on the grassy knoll and Richo's in the back seat...

Dislike Hutchy, but it was very cool of SEN to do that for the Saints. Or is it something they do for every team?
Feels like we got a ton of media last week which was nice.
Depends. We didn't have one last year. I think clubs need to request it? Not too sure how it works. But it was definitely a huge boost.

Intra-club would've got us a bit more too, apparently the membership tent was packed throughout the day.

Club have been really smart about how they've gone about it. Ton of media before intra-club, then the recap of intra-club leading into JLT and then season proper. Good timing IMO.

Dislike Hutchy, but it was very cool of SEN to do that for the Saints. Or is it something they do for every team?
Feels like we got a ton of media last week which was nice.
I think i heard somewhere that the club has to oay money to SEN to put the day on. Bot sure if thats correct though.

Jan 10, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Ormond AFC
AFL (VFL) Membership started when VFL Park opened in 1970. I joined in 1998 and was a full member by 2007. The family hasn’t missed a GF whenever we’ve wanted to go, just jump online and book a ticket.

The amazing thing is there is no waiting list to become a silver (restricted) member. My new partner just joined after falling in love with footy last year and she joined immediately without having to pay a joining fee.

Totally different to the MCC where there is a long waiting list and you have to pay a joining fee. Personally I think AFL Membership is much better, plus there are reciprocal rights with other venues which is a bonus.
I have both and I can clearly say the mcc membership is miles ahead of the afl. For a start the grand final is completely free and members is a much newer area than Etihad or the afl members at the g. Also you have to pay for cricket even if it half price.

Jan 10, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Ormond AFC
Poorly thought out IMO.

Us poor suckers who have been paying membership for 30 years have to pay full price, while others who aren't as loyal get $100 off.
Doesnt worry me re the money, but I know plenty of Saints members who struggle financially, and $100 is a lot of money.
Being punished for loyalty.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Unfortunately that’s the way of the world. Had Foxtel for 20 years and get no promotions yet the new people do. Also proves to me numbers seem more important than money. Obviously it isn’t but high memberships means bigger sponsorship. That’s why the afl make it easier to be counted as a member every year.

Current Membership Tally (25/02/2019):

This Time Last Year (26/02/2018):

Difference:

All-Time Tally;
1. 46,998 (2018)
2. 42,094 (2017)
3. 39,276 (2011)
4. 39,021 (2010)
5. 38,009 (2016)

Projected Final Total:

Back