Memberships 2019 St.Kilda Membership Thread (FINAL TALLY 42,910)

Jan 10, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Ormond AFC
Pretty hard to get more than about 10k members after the first game. Even top clubs struggle to do that. 45k seems the limit. Having said that things have changed with just about any membership counting these days. My mate who I go to the footy with has a daughter who plays netball for the saints got a membership as did everyone and through it straight in bin. Bloody Collingwood supporter. Apparently those count to the numbers which is a little silly

Jan 10, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Ormond AFC
My family and I have 6 memberships, ranging from 6-10 years. I fund them all. We are yet to renew and I am still undecided if I will.

My indecision is largely in protest. It's not that I don't support the club, I always have and always will. I'm not confident about the direction, I am concerned at the number of 'bad luck' stories that we seem to endure. One ounce of bad luck I can deal with, repeated incidents not so much. Everyone has their view, but in my eyes, too many incidents of bad luck is not exactly that, it is bad management, bad decision making - and that's the part I am finding it hard to support both financially and emotionally. I imagine I am not alone in my thinking.

If you can afford it you should join. The reason being is unless you tell them your concerns that won’t know. It’s a donation anyway. And it’s cheaper than paying if you decide to go anyway

Sir Skid

Just one Kegs lady boys!
10k Posts BeanCoiNFT Investor Ex-Moderator St Kilda - Nathan Freeman Player Sponsor 2016
Nov 30, 2012
Behind you
AFL Club
St Kilda
Interestingly, already

EDIT; 5th (sorry George I had said 3rd) highest membership total in history of the club.

Considering last year its a bl00dy miracle!

Last edited:
Pretty hard to get more than about 10k members after the first game. Even top clubs struggle to do that. 45k seems the limit. Having said that things have changed with just about any membership counting these days. My mate who I go to the footy with has a daughter who plays netball for the saints got a membership as did everyone and through it straight in bin. Bloody Collingwood supporter. Apparently those count to the numbers which is a little silly
I think you have mentioned that more things count as memberships these days about 100 times already. I think we get the idea.

Jan 10, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Ormond AFC
I think you have mentioned that more things count as memberships these days about 100 times already. I think we get the idea.
Don’t think I have this year. And unless we always have the same people on big footy not everyone will know that. I’d actually love to know what counts these days and it’s not just the saints. It’s every club. It’s not a negative comment. It’s just fact when we compare numbers to previous years.

Don’t think I have this year. And unless we always have the same people on big footy not everyone will know that. I’d actually love to know what counts these days and it’s not just the saints. It’s every club. It’s not a negative comment. It’s just fact when we compare numbers to previous years.
Anything $50 or more.

Is that St Kilda's rule or AFL rule? I'm kinda curious because of the whole pet membership thing counting towards some teams total memberships, unless it's just a joke that went over my head.

I noticed St Kilda's pet membership is $20
Pretty certain it is AFL rule.

5th highest membership tally in club history.

Current Membership Tally (28/03/2019):

This Time Last Year (28/03/2018):

Difference:

All-Time Tally;
1. 46,998 (2018)
2. 42,094 (2017)
3. 39,276 (2011)
4. 39,021 (2010)
38,144 (2019)

Projected Final Total:

years have been a donation.
If you can afford it you should join. The reason being is unless you tell them your concerns that won’t know. It’s a donation anyway. And it’s cheaper than paying if you decide to go anyway

If we win this weekend, I will sign up all 6!

In all seriousness, I understand your point. It's my version of a silent protest.

Indie Rock

Club Legend
Apr 2, 2018
AFL Club
St Kilda
George what happened with the ‘pick a door’ promotion with membership renewals?

Did the club honour any of that?

I picked the attend a training session (or something like that) and did the same for the Mrs. Never heard anything back.

Have I missed an email or are the club not honouring that?

I picked the attend a training session (or something like that) and did the same for the Mrs. Never heard anything back.

Not sure mate to be honest. I think they picked people randomly?

Indie Rock

Club Legend
Apr 2, 2018
AFL Club
St Kilda
Not sure mate to be honest. I think they picked people randomly?

Ahh okay, sounded at the time like it was a done deal, like pick which thing you want (including Linen House discount or something).

No dramas, was signing up anyway, just the bonus offer thing to attend training sounded pretty cool.

Cheers.

I went to one.
It was a discussion with and introduction to all our new players at Linton Street.
It was very good.

Ahh okay, sounded at the time like it was a done deal, like pick which thing you want (including Linen House discount or something).

No dramas, was signing up anyway, just the bonus offer thing to attend training sounded pretty cool.
Indie...….it may be something as simple that the E/mail from the club confirming which training session to attend didn't get to you.....If you got to choose a locker....you were "in"

I went to one.
It was a discussion with and introduction to all our new players at Linton Street.
It was very good.
I was also at the later session of the "meet the new players" Diehard.

Was very impressed on how that night was run.

Everyone in attendance seemed to be having a great night.

Cheers.

They gave us a ticket to a booked seat instead of GA. Only for me and one other despite being a family ticket though. They emailed a link to the ticketing site with a code..

Back