Memberships 2019 St.Kilda Membership Thread (FINAL TALLY 42,910)

LiterallyNobody

Cancelled due to poster being a Campaigner
30k Posts 10k Posts Cake Connoisseur SFA Daffodil Day Fund Raiser Harry Potter Fan Song Contest Winner - 5+ Rounds Shiny Penny
Jul 26, 2006
AFL Club
St Kilda
I'm flummoxed that people are still surprised we have poor numbers in attendance and membership - it's always the way - even last year when we got 45,000 or so, it was still rubbish compared to most of the decent teams out there.

I think we need to face facts - given we're one slice of a ten piece pie in melbourne we just aren't going to see significant numbers for either.

Current Membership Tally (29/04/2019):

This Time Last Year (01/05/2018):

Difference:

All-Time Tally;
1. 46,998 (2018)
2. 42,094 (2017)
3. 40,502 (2019)
4. 39,276 (2011)
5. 39,021 (2010)

Projected Final Total:

My kids, as much as they could give a crap about footy (which isn't much), are drifting steadily to supporting the Crows. All their friends do. There's more success, week by week. Hell - I started watching the game on the weekend with my kids on the family TV... but I subtly tuned it to ABC for Kids when I saw where the wind was blowing at half time and watched it myself on kayo instead.

Sep 28, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
My kids, as much as they could give a crap about footy (which isn't much), are drifting steadily to supporting the Crows. All their friends do. There's more success, week by week. Hell - I started watching the game on the weekend with my kids on the family TV... but I subtly tuned it to ABC for Kids when I saw where the wind was blowing at half time and watched it myself on kayo instead.
Very shrewd Daddy stuff there Pers.
I don’t envy anyone keeping their kids focused on the right team, especially in a location remote from that team.
Not saying Adelaide is remote btw.
Plus the success factor.

Very shrewd Daddy stuff there Pers.
I don’t envy anyone keeping their kids focused on the right team, especially in a location remote from that team.
Not saying Adelaide is remote btw.
Plus the success factor.
Let's just say, with my Rays winning a lot in the Major League Baseball, my kids are watching a fair few highlight reels of their games after weekends like this!

George......I'm stealing your thunder......

I'll assume that's the number at the close of business yesterday.
All good mate! We have nearly got the difference down to under 1,000 members for the first time in months. Club is pumped!

Current Membership Tally (30/04/2019):

This Time Last Year (01/05/2018):

Difference:

All-Time Tally;
1. 46,998 (2018)
2. 42,094 (2017)
3. 40,751 (2019)
4. 39,276 (2011)
5. 39,021 (2010)

Projected Final Total:

Closing in :moustache:

Current Membership Tally (02/05/2019):

This Time Last Year (02/05/2018):

Difference:

All-Time Tally;
1. 46,998 (2018)
2. 42,094 (2017)
3. 41,062 (2019)
4. 39,276 (2011)
5. 39,021 (2010)

Projected Final Total:

I'm flummoxed that people are still surprised we have poor numbers in attendance and membership - it's always the way - even last year when we got 45,000 or so, it was still rubbish compared to most of the decent teams out there.

I think we need to face facts - given we're one slice of a ten piece pie in melbourne we just aren't going to see significant numbers for either.

Just on this, it's largely why I keep popping up with the club proactively organising something to get members to games.

Get a bus to a populated zone of members, small outlay for bums on seats, show that you are engaged on game day as opposed to what every other club is doing and relying on supporter groups to organise or individuals to make their way as not many people can basically forfeit around 6 hours of a day and someof the claims against our supporter base is how abrasive and isolationist some individuals are.

If you want bums in seats, think differently, act differently because doing the exact same thing when perception is an inferior experience is part of the reason why people don't go to games.

I mean, it then becomes "do I drive 50+km & find exorbitant parking in traffic? Do I spend 45+mins on 1-2 trains or trams? Do I sit on the couch?" instead of "do I go a depot, get a ride in, watch footy, get a ride back or do I sit on the couch?" Much easier questions with much easier answers.

I mean, it then becomes "do I drive 50+km & find exorbitant parking in traffic? Do I spend 45+mins on 1-2 trains or trams? Do I sit on the couch?" instead of "do I go a depot, get a ride in, watch footy, get a ride back or do I sit on the couch?" Much easier questions with much easier answers.
Given the large number of shutdowns on the Frankston/Pakenham/Cranbourne perhaps it could be down out that way.

Keg on legs

Cancelled
10k Posts St Kilda - Doulton Langlands Player Sponsor 2020 St Kilda - Robbie Young Player Sponsor 2019 St Kilda - Nathan Freeman Player Sponsor 2017
Oct 5, 2014
The beer fridge
AFL Club
St Kilda
I see the hawks are offering special memberships to emergency services personnel (not sure the details)

Maybe this is something we could lever off being joint hosts of the Blue Ribbon Cup?

VDS66

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 4, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
It's a tough one.

The older I get the more I struggle to make the effort.

Pretty much train it in now. Can't be bothered with traffic, fuel and parking.

Train disruptions make it harder.

I honestly don't think having buses is viable.

It's a lot if expense for potential 40 extra people attending... Or whatever a bus capacity is these days.

What would work but I don't think we will ever see it is there were express footy trains on game day running direct to Spencer St. Limited stops at main stations with big car parks.

For people who live down Frankston, Cranny etc it's a long hike to watch games. That's got to affect attendances. Then add in all the different times slots and unloading you're winning games, people will take the couch option.

What would work but I don't think we will ever see it is there were express footy trains on game day running direct to Spencer St. Limited stops at main stations with big car parks.
You'll never see it because the express train will end up the backside of the other train riding yellows. I can think of nothing worse than traveling at 30 clicks most of the way.

Aug 9, 2006
Level 2 Bar, Coventry End
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Packers, Detroit Tigers
Oh we do now. We are getting excited about the new silver trains that are coming!:D

On a serious note, the skyrail they've build on the Dandy/Cranny line has the tracks a long way apart so that they can slot another two tracks in the middle for express services, but a) no one is going to have the political courage to actually put more tracks along there and b) you'd have to rebuild those brand new stations they've just built along the route! Morons.

On a serious note, the skyrail they've build on the Dandy/Cranny line has the tracks a long way apart so that they can slot another two tracks in the middle for express services, but a) no one is going to have the political courage to actually put more tracks along there and b) you'd have to rebuild those brand new stations they've just built along the route! Morons.
Easy fix. Put the express tracks on the outside. It will be a while before they do that though. They will make the trains 10 car long with High Capacity Signalling(Known as CBTC for those in the know)

I was thinking membership wise we have a members bar. Flash your membership(any level) you get entry into the bar.

Aug 9, 2006
Level 2 Bar, Coventry End
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Packers, Detroit Tigers
Easy fix. Put the express tracks on the outside. It will be a while before they do that though. They will make the trains 10 car long with High Capacity Signalling(Known as CBTC for those in the know)

I was thinking membership wise we have a members bar. Flash your membership(any level) you get entry into the bar.
10 car trains don't get you from Cranbourne to the city any quicker though.

Like the bar idea.

On SM-G930F using BigFooty.com mobile app

10 car trains don't get you from Cranbourne to the city any quicker though.

Like the bar idea.

On SM-G930F using BigFooty.com mobile app
The trains themselves will get up and go much quicker......................whenever they're ready(Hint: Not anytime soon) That will be about it.

Current Membership Tally (06/05/2019):

This Time Last Year (08/05/2018):

Difference:

All-Time Tally;
1. 46,998 (2018)
2. 42,094 (2017)
3. 41,138 (2019)
4. 39,276 (2011)
5. 39,021 (2010)

Projected Final Total:

Does anyone know how to access the complimentary Goal Zone ticket that comes from the Crest program thing?
I can't find any information on it.
You should have been sent an e-mail about it around Round 1.

Back