Memberships 2019 St.Kilda Membership Thread (FINAL TALLY 42,910)

Remove this Banner Ad

Current Membership Tally (02/07/2019):

This Time Last Year (01/08/2018):

Difference:

All-Time Tally;

1. 45,678 (2018)
2. 42,569 (2019)
3. 42,094 (2017)
4. 39,276 (2011)
5. 39,021 (2010)

Projected Final Total:

* Waiting on an end of year update at the end of the month so this will fluctuate.
Wow George that is not good, last year has hurt us badly and unless we change things around next year will be the same

Wow George that is not good, last year has hurt us badly and unless we change things around next year will be the same
It's more like 1000 member difference. There's an update coming 15th July and then we'll know the final tally sometime in August.

It's more like 1000 member difference. There's an update coming 15th July and then we'll know the final tally sometime in August.
1000 still not good when club needs to grow every year imo

You can only hope it makes people sit up and pay attention.

It is in a way a warning shot across the bow.
Plenty of other ways to voice concern and still help financially.

Plenty of other ways to voice concern and still help financially.
It is the modern way to take ones business elsewhere. Don't agree with it myself but that is the lay of the land.

Ultimately when we are in times like now when belts are being tighened spending money on a poorly peforming football team is down the list. If the team was peforming well then it becomes a a harder thing to cut.

It is the modern way to take ones business elsewhere. Don't agree with it myself but that is the lay of the land.

Ultimately when we are in times like now when belts are being tighened spending money on a poorly peforming football team is down the list. If the team was peforming well then it becomes a a harder thing to cut.
No, if you can't afford it then that's a different story. For those that can but want to punish the club by not supporting financially then that's the issue. I'm sure many of those 1000 that dropped off are in that boat and it's sad.

No, if you can't afford it then that's a different story. For those that can but want to punish the club by not supporting financially then that's the issue. I'm sure many of those 1000 that dropped off are in that boat and it's sad.
And the club just can't take its members for granted and need to offer a good and decent product in return for the members loyalty, 2 Adults 2 kids over 16 reserved seats is a good bit of coin George

And the club just can't take its members for granted and need to offer a good and decent product in return for the members loyalty, 2 Adults 2 kids over 16 reserved seats is a good bit of coin George
Are we more expensive than other clubs?

Are we more expensive than other clubs?
That wasn't the point George, the way we have gone as a club over the last couple of years I fully understand why people are not spending their hard earned on a Saints membership

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That wasn't the point George, the way we have gone as a club over the last couple of years I fully understand why people are not spending their hard earned on a Saints membership
Yeah I know. I'm just saying there's other ways to go about it and it hurts the club.

Yeah I know. I'm just saying there's other ways to go about it and it hurts the club.
It was always coming off a 4 and half win season

It's more easy to understand given there's so much more competition for your dollar. 10 years ago the A-league wasn't as popular as it is today, there was no such thing as BBL, things like the NFL and American sports have become more mainstream.

Footy has become a money driven business. All a membership is these days is an investment into a brand of footy. It's s**t and I don't like it for a minute but it's the way things have become.

Current Membership Tally (08/07/2019):

Difference:

All-Time Tally;

1. 45,678 (2018)
2. 42,744 (2019)
3. 42,094 (2017)
4. 39,276 (2011)
5. 39,021 (2010)

Projected Final Total:

Current Membership Tally (08/07/2019):

Difference:

All-Time Tally;

1. 45,678 (2018)
2. 42,744 (2019)
3. 42,094 (2017)
4. 39,276 (2011)
5. 39,021 (2010)

Projected Final Total:
and going to be hard not to have the same thing happen next year if we continue to play like we are

Late to the conversation I know, but I recall a discussion taking place about St Kilda’s Jewish community and their support (or lack thereof) of the Saints.
Would the club be open to having a Jewish heritage night? Plenty of clubs in the US run something along the lines of it in acknowledgment of jewish communities.
We could replace the cross for a star of David on the crest..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back