Memberships 2019 St.Kilda Membership Thread (FINAL TALLY 42,910)

lewdogs

Cancelled
Saints Pledge Contributor
Jun 4, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Arsenal, Portland Trailblazers
Just had the worst interaction with the club. Ordered two indigenous guernseys, only one arrived. Called them on 3 separate occasions, "we'll check it out and get back to you". Never did.

Call them again today. "Oh sorry we didn't send it to you but there are no Large size left, only 2XL will that suit? We aren't making any more. Oh ok, we will refund it then."

Probably never would have even got a refund if I hadn't called them over and over. And wtf happened to the guernsey I originally paid for?

So pissed off. We need to do better than this.

Just had the worst interaction with the club. Ordered two indigenous guernseys, only one arrived. Called them on 3 separate occasions, "we'll check it out and get back to you". Never did.

Call them again today. "Oh sorry we didn't send it to you but there are no Large size left, only 2XL will that suit? We aren't making any more. Oh ok, we will refund it then."

Probably never would have even got a refund if I hadn't called them over and over. And wtf happened to the guernsey I originally paid for?

So pissed off. We need to do better than this.
Here you go mate

https://www.theaflstore.com.au/indigenous-guernseys/st-kilda-2019-indigenous-mens-guernsey.html

lewdogs

Cancelled
Saints Pledge Contributor
Jun 4, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Arsenal, Portland Trailblazers
Thanks mate. That one is actually sold out. However you helped me to get over my sudden anger and have a hunt around and I found one on ebay. Crisis averted :)
All good - Club should've updated their website to reflect they were out of stock a lot quicker. Same as the AFL website I guess - when I went on there it said they had them available.

All good - Club should've updated their website to reflect they were out of stock a lot quicker. Same as the AFL website I guess - when I went on there it said they had them available.
Wouldn't stock levels be a thing that's automatically updated when people buy things?

My dad is 91 and he is a lifetime Saints supporter. He said that as a kid he used to go to all the home games at the Junction oval and the Saints were known back then as "The Jew Boys" as there were so many Jewish Saints players and Jewish supporters in the 1930's.

Rather than yell out "Go saints" the crowd in the outer would often yell out "Go Jew Boys!"

Fast forward 85 years... I do a lot of work in Caulfield North and St Kilda East, and the majority of the Jewish people I meet follow the Saints (at least the ones that follow footy). So I would be surprised if we weren't the most popular team amongst the Jewish community.

Carlton has a lot too.

VDS66

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 4, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
They absolutely do look amazing.

People usually love boxed "goodies"...…..it can look so damn professional.

A friend who is in the Halo's coterie group told me a few years back that they used to receive all their tickets......info.....passes etc in a gift box in saints colours pre season....she said it looked magnificent.

That all stopped around the end of the Watters years......I suspect money in the club was extremly tight around those years.
Should give members a few options.

Have like 3 packs.

I want one of those corporate ties. They look awesome.

VDS66

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 4, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
It's a long time ago, but I have a vague recollection of watching Ajax play (maybe I was playing against them, or just watching - I can't remember). It seemed to be almost entirely Jewish players and I think they were wearing the saints colours. Correct me on all that if it's mistaken.

Maybe no connection between that and the Junction oval days but your post made me wonder for a moment if there might have been.

The AJAX Football Club is an Australian rules football club sited in the inner suburb of St Kilda, Victoria. The squad competes in the Victorian Amateur Football Association. Having been established by the Melbourne Jewish community in 1957, Ajax is notable as Australia's first and only fully Jewish club in the sport.

luca77

Club Legend
Sep 5, 2010
Japan
AFL Club
St Kilda
The AJAX Football Club is an Australian rules football club sited in the inner suburb of St Kilda, Victoria. The squad competes in the Victorian Amateur Football Association. Having been established by the Melbourne Jewish community in 1957, Ajax is notable as Australia's first and only fully Jewish club in the sport.
Thanks mate, now I really wonder how AJAX's formation relates to what RobbieMuir was talking about. Of course I know the Elsternwick, East St. Kilda area is a big Jewish area.

Jan 10, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Ormond AFC
My club plays them today. I will go in showers after the game to confirm if they are Jewish

Aug 13, 2016
South Gippsland
AFL Club
St Kilda
Got a survey from the club earlier in the week regarding the Membership and some other aspects of the club. I'd recommend everyone use it to let the club what you think.
It's the same one from last year. One of the questions even has 2018 in it.
But I agree - I submitted mine with a glowing endorsement of the Membership Department and all involved (seriously, those guys and girls are fantastic). The questions about the sponsors are tiresome though.

austinnn

Veteran GOP
Nov 7, 2012
France
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Bristol City FC, Urawa Red Diamonds FC
Lol still has 2018 in it

Unreal
It's so disappointing how these careless errors just keep coming up with club media. Typos, etc. I can't think of specific examples but there have been enough over the last few years, albeit it's much better than it used to be. Small stuff individually, but collectively points to lack of professionalism or care.

A world away from communication from clubs like Hawthorn and Essendon.

It's so disappointing how these careless errors just keep coming up with club media. Typos, etc. I can't think of specific examples but there have been enough over the last few years, albeit it's much better than it used to be. Small stuff individually, but collectively points to lack of professionalism or care.

What do Hawthorn and Essendon do?

It's the same one from last year. One of the questions even has 2018 in it.
But I agree - I submitted mine with a glowing endorsement of the Membership Department and all involved (seriously, those guys and girls are fantastic). The questions about the sponsors are tiresome though.
The sponsor stuff would be so that the club can go to a sponsor and say "See you brand is being remembered by our members"

Current Membership Tally (11/06/2019):

This Time Last Year (14/06/2018):

Difference:

All-Time Tally;
1. 45,678 (2018)
2. 42,410 (2019)
3. 42,094 (2017)
4. 39,276 (2011)
5. 39,021 (2010)

Projected Final Total:

The margin compared to last year may be widening but to be this close after what a horrible year it was is probably a good sign.
Honestly thought the first 5 rounds would have seen us ramp it up a bit membership wise. Hopefully we set a strong base for the rest of the year so that we get some more signed on for 2020.

Feb 19, 2009
Moorabbin
AFL Club
St Kilda

Yeah, like when they post training photos on Facebook and label the players incorrectly. I've seen that a few times. Pretty embarrassing.

Current Membership Tally (20/06/2019):

This Time Last Year (19/06/2018):

Difference:

All-Time Tally;

1. 45,678 (2018)
2. 42,512 (2019)
3. 42,094 (2017)
4. 39,276 (2011)
5. 39,021 (2010)

Projected Final Total:

Back